Community "pick of the month"

Started by , Fri 13/09/2013 10:59:13

Previous topic - Next topic

cat

Excellent! Thanks for the pick - I set it for July so it should show up soon.

Dkobylarz

Quote from: KyriakosCH on Sun 30/06/2019 12:09:04
I would like to nominate a game :)

Metaphobia by Digital Mosaic Games
Database link: https://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/site/games/game/2352/
Synopsis: The murder of his father, a prominent politician, always seemed a bit suspicious to the protagonist. According to the authorities it was a random burglary, but maybe some enemies wanted to silence him and used a hit-man. How deep is the rabbit-hole? You can find out in this very elegant and professionally made new horror adventure.

Thanks so much for the pick!! :D

Tamanegi

Quote from: Kastchey on Fri 10/05/2019 23:49:15Don't Look! by Tamanegi
https://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/site/games/game/1394/

A somewhat disturbing journey into the mind of a troubled 8 year old struggling to control her anxiety.

The strong focus on storytelling takes it toll on the puzzles, the verb coin is a bit awkward and there is no sound or music, but if you can appreciate a game for its backstory, cool NPC and an occasional jump scare, you will definitely enjoy this dark fantasy tale.
Hey, thank you! Your description of my game is really flattering! I am not really active here anymore (changed over to Ren'Py), but I still have fond memories of that game and am very happy that after more than 8 years, people still remember it, and play it! I just found out about it being Pick of the Month May when I googled for the old download link because someone asked me for old games I made.

There's a lot of things I would have done differently looking at it now, but I still am proud to have finished a game at all in one month - and that the theme I got to choose for the next round of the monthly challenge, "Submerged", led to three really nice games. The reason why there's no sound at all is that I have no idea how to make music and I wanted to make the game 100% myself, so no stock sfx either.
Don't Look! MAGS 12-2010
Mediocre Expectations Current development blog

KyriakosCH

Quote from: Tamanegi on Thu 18/07/2019 20:02:49
Quote from: Kastchey on Fri 10/05/2019 23:49:15Don't Look! by Tamanegi
https://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/site/games/game/1394/

A somewhat disturbing journey into the mind of a troubled 8 year old struggling to control her anxiety.

The strong focus on storytelling takes it toll on the puzzles, the verb coin is a bit awkward and there is no sound or music, but if you can appreciate a game for its backstory, cool NPC and an occasional jump scare, you will definitely enjoy this dark fantasy tale.
Hey, thank you! Your description of my game is really flattering! I am not really active here anymore (changed over to Ren'Py), but I still have fond memories of that game and am very happy that after more than 8 years, people still remember it, and play it! I just found out about it being Pick of the Month May when I googled for the old download link because someone asked me for old games I made.

There's a lot of things I would have done differently looking at it now, but I still am proud to have finished a game at all in one month - and that the theme I got to choose for the next round of the monthly challenge, "Submerged", led to three really nice games. The reason why there's no sound at all is that I have no idea how to make music and I wanted to make the game 100% myself, so no stock sfx either.

Your game is very stylish. Well done :)
This is the Way - A dark allegory. My Twitter!  My Youtube!

Kastchey

Great to see you back here, Tamanegi! Even if for a brief moment.

I did play your game back in 2011 when you released it and the memories were still vivid when I was replying it in May this year.
Fantastic work!

cat

It's August already! Any new picks?

lorenzo

Tales of Jayvin is a fantastic game, I really recommend it.

cat

Quote from: lorenzo on Sun 04/08/2019 09:24:59
Tales of Jayvin is a fantastic game, I really recommend it.

Then please write a short teaser for it  :)

lorenzo

Sure. Although I'm not very good at it:

"Exploration, puzzles, RPG battles, quest solving: this game has it all. There are so many activities to do, you're bound to find something you like.

The only problem? Is too addictive! Prepare to be entertained for many hours!"

cat

RetroJay

OH MY GOD!! 8-0 8-0 8-0

Thank you Lorenzo, for the "pick of the Month". 8-0
I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw "Tales of Jayvin" there. :-D

On behalf of us all at "SPAMFASTIC STUDIOS" I would just like to say how much this means to us.
We are so happy that you have enjoyed our game, to the point that you think it deserves this prestigious honor.

Kind regards.
All at SPAMFASTIC STUDIOS. 

lorenzo

I hope the game will get more exposition and players! I only wish my description was less terrible (laugh) but I did my best.

RetroJay

Hey, Lorenzo.

I thought that your description was perfect. It said all that was needed. (nod)
As you said... Hopefully our game will get more interest and players now that it is in the "Pick of the Month".
I still can't believe this. (laugh)

Thank you, Lorenzo.

Vincent

I am really so much happy to see that two of the projects which I worked on has been chosen for the "Pick of the Month"!  :-D
Thank you very much KyriakosCH and lorenzo for your support and your kind words, I deeply appreciate it.

BarbWire

I am so glad to see that Tales of Jayvin is 'Pick of the Month', thanks to
Lorenzo's recommendation.

The sheer amount of work that went into this game, over a four year period,
is staggering.

Thousands of lines of programming were implemented by Vincent, while
RetroJay was responsible for drawing each, and every, graphic.

Hunched over their keyboard and mouse, for hours at a time, they created a game
truly worthy of this honour.

It covers most genre of games, is hugely entertaining, and has it all- in buckets! :-D

cat

Blondbraid

cat

ManicMatt

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk