Community "pick of the month"

Started by , Fri 13/09/2013 10:59:13

Previous topic - Next topic

Creamy

Clotilde Soffritti in: Never Buy a Used Spaceship

All space travellers will tell you: many merchants are not too fussy about the security of their customers. Poor Clotilde should have read the title of her first adventure!

With a style reminiscent of the best european comics, Lorenzo builds a solid spaceship comedy.

cat

Thanks! I downloaded the game already yesterday and will play it once I'm done with MAGS voting.

The strike through did not work for the pick, though. Do you want to rephrase it?

lorenzo

That was so unexpected! 8-0 Thank you so much Creamy!
I love the description of the game's plot you wrote, much better than mine. (laugh)
Thank you again!

Creamy

My pleasure  :)

I've rephrased the last sentence:

With a style reminiscent of the best european comics Lorenzo builds a lousy spaceship, yet a solid comedy.

cat

It's February already. We do have 29 days this year, but we still need a new pick soon!

lorenzo

I've recently played Tea for Two and really enjoyed it!

Here's my description:

"Made for a game jam, Tea for Two is a short, but intriguing detective mystery. Investigate the murder of a woman in this one-room game, with great graphics, full voice acting, and a nice futuristic noir atmosphere."

cat

ManicMatt

I don't have a game to suggest but just reminding everyone it's March. :)

eri0o

Maybe someone can improve my description or suggest a different game:

The snowy weather, the snuggly clothes, family, great meals and magical portals to North Pole. If you want something to do while you wait for the gifts season to come again during your nights, play A Christmas Nightmare.

https://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/site/games/game/2398-a-christmas-nightmare/

cat

I loved the game, but actually I would like to set it as pick for next December. I don't think the beginning spring is the best time to play this.

Creamy

I've enjoyed What's in the safe by the Space Quest Historian and the late Amayirot Akago a while ago. I wanted to submit it for game pick. However, it's not in the AGS database currently.

Although I didn't work on the game, could I create an entry for it?

cat

Would it be possible to contact Space Quest Historian somehow and ask for creating an entry?

CaptainD

Quote from: cat on Sun 08/03/2020 20:06:38
Would it be possible to contact Space Quest Historian somehow and ask for creating an entry?

I've pointed this out to him on Twitter...

Creamy

Since it's already late in the month, I propose another game in the meantime:

Broken Windows - Chapter 1

"There's no shortage of fan-games oozing with love of the golden classics on AGS.
Yet, they are not fairly distributed and some popular series get overlooked over time, such as Sierra's Police Quest.
Fortunately, you can count on GOC Games to recapture what made it so special.
"

cat

Creamy

Proposition for April:

GNRBLEX (Steam Version)
It says "This is a commercial game" but it's free.

Here's the teaser:

- What's the cute animal behind the glass?
- It's a GNRBLEX, also known as a 'mind maggot'.
- Why the nickname?
- You don't want to know.

cat

It seems that this is a Steam only version. A Pick of the month should not require the player to login or register somewhere.

Frodo

Has Dr Lutz ever been nominated?  It's an oldie, but a goodie.   :smiley:

Dr Lutz And The Time Travel Machine
https://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/site/games/game/877-dr-lutz-and-the-time-travel-machine/

Blurb:
Ever wondered how the dinosaurs died out?  Dr Abraham Lutz has been asking himself that question for years. 
And now, with the help of his latest invention, he can go back in time and see first-hand exactly what happened to these magnificent creatures. 

cat

A blast from the past! Sadly, the download is a setup, so I cannot try it ATM. Can you confirm that the download works and is playable?

(Btw, glad to see you are back, I was worried a bit what happened to you  :) )

Frodo

Hey Cat.  Yes, the game works.  I took this screenshot (windowed) from it.   :smiley:

[imgzoom]https://i.imgur.com/AyDYrsc.png[/imgzoom]

(And thanks.  I had a lot of medical stuff going on, but things are getting better now.   :smiley:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk