Community "pick of the month"

Started by , Fri 13/09/2013 10:59:13

Previous topic - Next topic

cat

Creamy

New month, new proposition:

Billy Masters Was Right

Poor Billy's been grounded and his credibility has reached an all-time low.
Not the best time to stick his nose in the neighbor's affairs - or is it?

Let's enjoy this first foray by Postmodern Adventures in the English-speaking world. It's short but perfectly Mastered.

cat

Thanks for the pick, Creamy! I am seriously neglecting them ATM  :-[

Creamy

Played any good AGS game recently? Write a little blurb about it and have it featured on the main game page.

Cat asked me to lend a hand with the management of the pick but the rules remain unchanged.

lorenzo

A game I enjoyed is Barn Runner: Pucker Factor.
Here's my (rather poor) description for it:

The Barn Runner series is back! In this new chapter Noriko has to face an ember storm to save MAGS (Modular Auto-charging Gauss System) -- but more importantly: find love!

Help her navigate a maze of dialogue choices, arcade games, an actual maze, hidden objects sections, funny banter, and much more!

(Beware: there's some somewhat "spicy" content in the game, in case this kind of things bothers you)

Creamy

Thanks Lorenzo. It should appear on Tuesday  :)

Sorry for not being more responsive but my internet connection has been mistakenly cut off a week ago.

lorenzo

Quote from: Creamy on Sun 30/08/2020 19:26:02
Sorry for not being more responsive but my internet connection has been mistakenly cut off a week ago.
Don't worry! I hope your connection troubles will be over soon. :)

Ponch

I just noticed my new game made the cut. I ran (well, walked quickly, I am getting older) to this thread to see who had suggested it. Thanks Lorenzo and Creamy. You put a smile on a tired teacher's face.  :grin:

milkanannan

I started playing it yesterday, Ponch. Really enjoying it!

Ponch

Quote from: milkanannan on Fri 04/09/2020 04:28:32
I started playing it yesterday, Ponch. Really enjoying it!
Thanks! I'm glad you like it.  :cool:

Slasher

I would have thought 'Pick of the Month' should be about picking a game made that month, not from previous months, years ago...

milkanannan

I think it's like 'Employee of the Month' at McDonald's. You sort of recognise someone/something's value regardless of when they/it joined the community.

Ponch

My suggestion for October (even if it's not appropriately spooky):

Bartolomeo, misled by circumstances, learns that appearances can be deceptive.
Pleasantly simple art, nice jokes, and a well-realized little world, all made in the span of two weeks. I'd write more, but the title ate most of my character limit.
:=

Limey Lizard, of course!

LimpingFish

A fine choice, Ponch, but could I suggest we make one of ProgZmax's games PotM as a small gesture? Perhaps Limey Lizard (full disclosure: I'm in it!)?

Quote from: Slasher on Mon 07/09/2020 14:37:08
I would have thought 'Pick of the Month' should be about picking a game made that month, not from previous months, years ago...

I've always felt that it's about highlighting a game from the database, once a month, that (people feel) deserves more attention.
Steam: LimpingFish
PSN: LFishRoller
XB: TheActualLimpingFish
Spotify: LimpingFish

Stupot

I came here to make the same suggestion. And I'm not even in it.

Creamy

EDIT: Pick changed.

For future picks, may I suggest that people propose something before the end of the month?

QuoteQuote from: Slasher on 07 Sep 2020, 15:37

I've always felt that it's about highlighting a game from the database, once a month, that (people feel) deserves more attention.

LimpinfFish is right. To quote M0ds on the first page:
Quoteany game in the AGS database qualifies

Tampere

For future "pick of the month"s, let me dump this small blurb for My father’s secret.

Abandoned by your father as a child, you finally find the house where he lives. You enter the secluded place with questions and grudges, but you will soon discover that the truth is far gloomier than what you can handle. Find your way through yours and your father's life in this spooky FMV game.

Olleh19

Quote from: Creamy on Wed 22/07/2020 13:27:47
New month, new proposition:

Billy Masters Was Right

Poor Billy's been grounded and his credibility has reached an all-time low.
Not the best time to stick his nose in the neighbor's affairs - or is it?

Let's enjoy this first foray by Postmodern Adventures in the English-speaking world. It's short but perfectly Mastered.

That game was really good yes! Inspired me to do my first 16colors EGA Adventure game too! 8-)

Creamy

QuoteFor future "pick of the month"s, let me dump this small blurb for My father’s secret.
Thanks Tampere. I'll keep it in my back pocket.

QuoteThat game was really good yes! Inspired me to do my first 16colors EGA Adventure game too! 8-)
Nice. That's the last MAGS game of September I haven't played.

Olleh19

Quote from: Creamy on Sat 03/10/2020 07:06:07
QuoteFor future "pick of the month"s, let me dump this small blurb for My father’s secret.
Thanks Tampere. I'll keep it in my back pocket.

QuoteThat game was really good yes! Inspired me to do my first 16colors EGA Adventure game too! 8-)
Nice. That's the last MAGS game of September I haven't played.

Do you mean mine or his? Because i don't think you have played mine after all the major bugs where fixed, maybe i'm wrong tho. My game isn't talked about, cause i'm so afraid it's still faulthy!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk