Community "pick of the month"

Started by , Fri 13/09/2013 10:59:13

Previous topic - Next topic

Frodo

Quote from: FormosaFalanster on Mon 22/11/2021 00:01:33
Then I'll suggest "Him": https://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/site/games/game/2055-him/

A deliciously dark and atmospheric short game, with an original twist, and graphics that look like the kind of horrible picture at the bottom of a chest that you are afraid to look at. Totally worths the trip!

How did I miss this???  It looks wonderfully spooky.   :grin:

Creamy

Roger that, FF!

A far cry from your previous choice  :-D
I like both games.

FormosaFalanster

Quote from: Creamy on Mon 22/11/2021 19:18:25
Roger that, FF!

A far cry from your previous choice  :-D
I like both games.

Well now I feel guilty because I did not realize that Heltenjon had suggested one of Lorenzo's games and he's my partner in dev so I feel like I stabbed him in the back  :-[ But yeah recently I played a round of old AGS games for inspiration and these two were interesting, each in their different genre.

heltenjon

Don't worry, FF, Elia will have his day...or at least he'll try.  (laugh)

FormosaFalanster

Quote from: heltenjon on Mon 22/11/2021 22:59:52

Well there you go, Creamy, you have your picks for the next two months: "Him", then "Elia"  :-D

lorenzo

Quote from: FormosaFalanster on Mon 22/11/2021 22:32:59
Well now I feel guilty because I did not realize that Heltenjon had suggested one of Lorenzo's games and he's my partner in dev so I feel like I stabbed him in the back  :-[
Oh, so that's what that tingling sensation I felt in my back was :P
I've never heard of Him and it looks spooky, so nice choice!

Quote from: heltenjon on Mon 22/11/2021 22:59:52
(laugh) (laugh)

--

For future Pick of the Month, can I suggest Fridge Follies?
It's a bit older, as it's from 2015, but I love it and it's really funny!

"Leftovers want to be heard! Can you make the fridge stinky enough to force the people outside to check what's going on inside it? A very funny 10-15 minutes game by Baron and Ponch."

Creamy

Did Lorenzo just propose a pick against his own game to relieve FF from the guilt of having suggested a pick against Lorenzo's game...Ok I'm overthinking this  (laugh)

Thanks for the propositions everyone. I put them in the (stinky) fridge.

Creamy

Surely you've played some good games for the AGS Awards nominations. Let's share it!

FormosaFalanster

Quote from: Creamy on Sat 19/02/2022 12:55:50
Surely you've played some good games for the AGS Awards nominations. Let's share it!

Yes but I already suggested a pick of the month recently so I'll let others do it   (nod)

Creamy

The Pick of the month for March has just been changed because my previous choice contained a dead link. My bad  :-[

cat

I was about to write a comment on the game page and struggling with giving this game a rating, because the categories don't work for it, when I realized that this could be as well a great teaser for PotM:

https://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/site/games/game/2530-i-rented-a-boat/

"I Rented a Boat is not only an amazing demonstration of what can be done with AGS on a technical level, but also a very nice gaming experience. A lot of effort has gone into guiding the user through this explorative game."

Creamy

It's set for April. Feel free to do it yourself another time. You still got the key to the highway  8-)

cat

Thanks! It only occurred to me that I can do it myself after posting in this thread :P
Anyway, since you are in charge now, I think it's good to keep things organized here.

Creamy

Blah blah begging bravura blurb blah blah banana brainteaser blah blah beaming beacon blah blah begone binge playing.

eri0o

Meaning we need an entry for May?

Creamy

Yes  :P

There are only so many ways to ask people to suggest a game.

Pogwizd

Clotilde Soffritti in: Never Double Park your Spaceship ?

Creamy

Sure. Can you provide the presentation text?

Pogwizd

Sorry Creamy, I didn't notice your post before. I am away today, so if anyone could help me out with the description that would be grant. If not, I may try to cobble sth together before midnight :)

Pogwizd

There you go: "If you are looking for a change from classic pixel-art, you are in a for a treat. Jump into the beautifully hand-drawn, yet crazy, world of Clotilde Soffritti and help her get away from an asteroid where she's been stuck for way too long... Also, a nostalgia kick guaranteed for all comic-book lovers!"

Didn't you mention something about a free animation, Creamy ;)?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk