GTA V

Started by Peder 🚀, Sat 14/09/2013 01:36:46

Previous topic - Next topic

Peder 🚀

Anyone else getting GTA V? :).

If yes and you're getting it for the PS3 please add me on PSN: Arnjeir and let's have some fun in GTA Online once it's released on 1st of October! :).

Grim

I got GTA IV the day it was released- I had it pre-ordered and all I had to do was walk to the local BlockBuster store to pick it up first thing in the morning. What a great day that was- girlfriend at work all day, me- curtains pulled shut, coffee and pizza on the table, I played for a good 8 hours...;)

It was a hell of a game!

Now, when I think about GTA V coming out soon, I imagine how different my gaming habits/circumstances are. My little son would sure love to watch daddy play a game about driving cool cars over innocent pedestrians and shooting guns and such, but there is no way I'm gonna let him see that. So that means I can't play in the daytime. Nightime? -I can already hear my girlfriend say: I wanna watch the TV. Turn it off.

Growing up brings certain problems...

BUT- I am still getting it. Maybe not on the release day, maybe I won't be on it any time I'd want to... But there's time for the family, and every now and then there's time just for me, too;) I guess there's nothign wrong with that. And yes, it will be a PS3 version, so I might look you up;)

Gribbler

I played every single GTA game but to be honest I much preferred Rockstar's Red Dead Redemption. I will be getting GTA V though (on PS3), and give it a try. Maybe this will be GTA game that I'll actually manage to finish. :)

dactylopus

Quote from: Gribbler on Sat 14/09/2013 09:11:45
I played every single GTA game but to be honest I much preferred Rockstar's Red Dead Redemption. I will be getting GTA V though (on PS3), and give it a try. Maybe this will be GTA game that I'll actually manage to finish. :)
I've only completed Vice City, actually.  And yes, I used cheat codes.  :-D

I think I may also prefer Red Dead Redemption, despite being a fan of the GTA series since the beginning.  I remember when I first played GTA3, it blew me away.  I never imagined the game being as much fun.  I've gotten every main series GTA game to date, and this will be no exception, although I doubt I'll get it when it comes out due to money issues.  I will be getting it for my XBOX, though, and I don't have a subscription to play online.  I wish I did, because I've wanted to play multiplayer like that for a long time now.

Retro Wolf

I keep forgetting to order it! I don't spend near as much time playing games as I did when I was younger. But when the new GTA, MGS, or Final Fantasy come out, It's kind of a special event for me.

I'm on PSN as Oldschool_Wolf, if anyone wants to add me.

Peder 🚀

Quote from: dactylopus on Sat 14/09/2013 09:21:41
although I doubt I'll get it when it comes out due to money issues.

I'm living on soup and noodles this month so I could buy it ;) lol. (seriously).

Quote from: dactylopus on Sat 14/09/2013 09:21:41
I will be getting it for my XBOX, though, and I don't have a subscription to play online.  I wish I did, because I've wanted to play multiplayer like that for a long time now.

Stupid Xbox Gold memberships! I don't use my Xbox anymore, and in fact I've really barely used it ever since I bought it.. Shame PS4 is going the same route too with requiring a membership to play games online when most of the games most likely won't even use Sony servers....

Crimson Wizard

I don't own a console, and have no plans on getting one, so I keep wondering if they will release it on PC anytime in the future :-\

Chicky

Ahh yes, i'll also be playing. I'm on PSN as audiopuppy, i will add you Peder :)

Peder 🚀

And I shall accept you Chicky :).

Crimson Wizard, I hope it comes for PC sometime too, even though I prefer such games for console (or at least played with a gamepad).

Crimson Wizard

Quote from: Peder Johnsen+ on Sat 14/09/2013 13:06:39
Crimson Wizard, I hope it comes for PC sometime too, even though I prefer such games for console (or at least played with a gamepad).
Last time I used gamepad was about 15 years ago. I don't even know how one should aim in 3d space with this thing. :)

Khris

The idiots over at vgreleases.com had a confirmed release date for PC on Sep 17. I was getting all giddy until I learned that no, once again Rockstar will probably keep teasing PC players for months.
My flatmate does have a PS3 though, so maybe I will be playing it sooner than expected.

Btw, getting a wireless xbox360 pad for my PC was probably the best investment in months.

Domino

Just ordered it from Amazon last night. Can't wait until Tuesday!!

Peder 🚀

Domino

Sorry no, Xbox.

Peder 🚀

Too bad :P

[EDIT]
In preparation for GTA Online I've made an AGSers crew:
http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/crew/agsers

Feel free to join no matter what platform you plan to play it on :).

Crimson Wizard

Quote from: Peder Johnsen+ on Sat 14/09/2013 22:04:47
In preparation for GTA Online I've made an AGSers crew:
http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/crew/agsers
Just of curiosity, does it work with Gta IV and Max Payne 3?

Peder 🚀

It works for Max Payne 3, not sure about GTA IV..

Chicky

I remember reading somewhere that the clans carry over, rockstar stated it fairly early on if I'm not mistaken.

I just picked up my copy, even the police turned up for the midnight launch, it was all very convincing! :p

Peder 🚀

Awww, I have to wait for mine to arrive in the mail :( :P.

Khris

Went ahead and bought it, played for an hour, I'll play some more tonight. My psn name is khrismuc.
Great so far, the small details are incredible. If people are talking while driving and you hit something, they'll stop mid-sentence, exclaim, then continue where they left off, but going back to the beginning of the current part of the sentence.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk