Gray is looking for translators (any language)

Started by Fitz, Sun 10/02/2013 08:46:48

Previous topic - Next topic

Fred7162

I could translate it into estonian if you'd want that for some odd reson (there's only less than a million people speaking estonian :D ).

Fitz

That depends on you entirely :) If you feel like translating it, for whatever reason YOU might have -- it's totally up to you :) Gray is a humble indie project, so I have no way of knowing how many people would actually play it in Estonia, or Basque Country, or Pakistan -- I simply welcome all language versions :)

Just make sure you play the game first and get a hang of the language used in the game. Because there's a lot of it and a lot of it is not your average spoken language.

Waker

Hi Fitz!

I'm 16 years old (turning 17 next month) and I'm from Portugal. I've been studying English since I was 6 and I started loving English more than my language itself, that I even have 3 Certificates from the University of Cabridge (PET, CAE, FCE)
Well that's enough about me...

I would like to help you translate Gray to Portuguese (even though it's Portugal Portuguese, Brazilian people can still understand)
I've got lots of free time and I've translated a few games and also some websites.
I also know some coding since I'm studying C++ etc at school so I could translate directly from code, I don't mind.

Well I think that's it
if I don't reply here you might want to add my skype: wakerzeco

tinyhippo

How's the Russian translation going? I might help.;)

Fitz

Waker: Check your inbox :)

Tinyhippo: Hm... Never actually heard back from my Russian friend, even though I sent a bunch of pm's to everyone involved -- so I have no idea? If you'd like to help -- how could I say no? :) I even made a cyryllic font already!

tinyhippo

Send me the details, then. I'll see what I can do but I need to finish Gray first, of course. I'm not even close to finishing it ATM, yet i'm fully enjoying the humour. :)

Boris Blackburn

Has anybody signed up to take care of french? I can do it.

Fitz

The French translation is actually alllmost done (by Surdy, who also did the French version for Nelly Cootalot) - but maybe we could use a second proofreader, just to make sure everything is funny where it should be, the style is consistent with the characters, etc.

Motto

Do you need Spanish translation or Cleanic did it?

millennium2k

Hello, I could help you with italian translation. PM sent.

Meystari F

/Cancelled.)

Denture Alley Lurker

Another Icelandic translation assistant here :grin:
Hugsanlega var þessi beiðni of yfirgripsmikil. àžað eru allavega ekki mikil viðbrögð. En mögulega get ég aðstoðað yður við þýðinguna,ef þér viljið Fribbi. Tek fram að ég tala aðallega nítjándu aldar gullaldarmál, eins og Jónas áður en hann lenti í óhappinu.:P 

Fitz

Denture Alley Lurker: I'm still astounded that ANYONE offered their services -- and will not hold it against anyone if they back out, because it IS a whole lot of text. Two people sharing the translating duties would be great - since you could proof-read the other's part later.

aurodigo

Hi Fitz,

I want to help you translate it into Indonesian :)
The first AGS game I played was 5 Days a Stranger by Yahtzee on 2005 or so (forget the exact time). Since then, I have been regularly coming here to download games. Now I decided to contribute in developing some games. I can help translating and creating artworks :)

Denture Alley Lurker

Sorry for delayed reply, but my offer is still valid.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk