Ben Jordan and the dark cults

Started by shadowface, Wed 18/09/2013 00:46:10

Previous topic - Next topic

shadowface

A fan game based on a series by Grundislav games this game takes you into the events of the weird dream Ban Jordan is having. 

Download now.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/rd5fs1996r4mer6/the_darc

Andail

Just to make sure - have you contacted Grundislav about using the "Ben Jordan" brand name?
Usually, parodies and fan-works use altered names to distinguish them from the original. Your title will undoubtedly lead people to assume it's part of the "real" Ben Jordan franchise. Just saying.

cat

I doubt that all King's Quest, Space Quest and Indiana Jones fangame authors have contacted Sierra or Lucas Arts, respectively. ;)

Gilbert

In his description it was Ban Jordan though. :grin:

Khris

This game has everything, even Abrahem Lincoln!

Just kidding, it's just a dialog leading nowhere, and there's no setup included.
In case you want to try, rename the exe from "darck colts.exe" to something without a space, and run it from a command prompt like this "game.exe --setup"

Andail

Quote from: cat on Wed 18/09/2013 10:07:10
I doubt that all King's Quest, Space Quest and Indiana Jones fangame authors have contacted Sierra or Lucas Arts, respectively. ;)

I don't think people who visit the AGS game page expect to find real LucasArt/Sierra titles, so there's probably no risk of misunderstanding.

Then again, many games that have used trademarked titles in the past have been asked to change them (at least if they've been fairly big and serious, and especially if they went commercial), so it's not a very strange concept.

I'm not saying this is a huge issue, but as a principle I don't think game creators should use other people's game titles without permission, or at least clearly indicate it's a parody.

an Urpney

All right - I was able to move from one man's picture put through some photoshop filters to another man's picture put through similar procedure (looks like I can't go back). I don't know who am I, why am I there, why a random fella asks me for a sample of my blood (which, somehow, reminds me of Drugs and Aliens) and, most importantly - what's my goal for that part.

This game needs:
- Introduction,
- Plot,
- Understandable dialog (I'm not a native speaker and I can point at least one mistake in every sentence),
- Different interface so I know where to click (the art looks like very quick - and mostly failed - try on being artistic and leaves me clueless). I think BASS interface would work here - you only use 'talk' and 'hand' icon.
- Serious bugfixing, if I'm supposed to go to any other location (currently all I can do a one-time change from one screen to another).
Born to the sound of marching feet,
Trained as a military elite.
Each of us drilled and singled out to be,
An Urpney.

gameboy

As a fan of Ben Jordan series I gave it a shot.

I didn't get much of the story, but I was hoping it would unravel during the gameplay. But the gameplay was virtually impossible, because the tiny and well hidden room exit hotspots. There was no visual clue (a door, or a pathway), nor a GUI label with hotspot names. I had to click the entire screen to find the exit!

I got to the hotel room where some guy wanted his marbols (marbles? Marlboros?), managed to click my way to two other rooms in the building, but found nothing I could do. Then gave up. It got frustrating.

Shadow1000

I had a similar experience. I deleted after about 5 minutes. I didn't see any puzzles, sprites, gameplay or anything. I didn't get past the fact that there is a picture of a man that you can click on and talk to. I pixel hunted the screen and gave up.

SHADOW

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk