Alone in the Dark 3 Glitch

Started by Renodox, Sat 28/09/2013 06:30:03

Previous topic - Next topic

Renodox

I've been playing the game, Alone in the Dark 3 and I ran into a glitch that's preventing me from finishing the game.  I get to this mad scientist that's locked up in a cell.  When I finally manage to get in the cell with him and use the weapon required to kill him he just stands there.  I don't mean that I miss or don't do it right.  He gets the death splatter but he doesn't disappear and he doesn't drop the items I need to get past this point.  Does anyone know a way around this?  I've NEVER finished the game!

Khris

The walk-through says to stick the needle into him, then punch him. Did you do that?

Renodox

Yes I did that.  The needle disappears too.

Surplusguy

Check your copy's data files. If there's no solution I guess you'll have to retry the segment. Are you running it from disk or floppy? It may be being read wrong.
Other than that I've no idea.
GHRPLTSM

Renodox

It's from disk.  From what I was told, there's a glitch that prevents certain characters from doing things.  It's like characters who just walk into the wall rather than return to the previous room.  Ironically, the Doctor will die if you die too.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk