Ask here for updates on GAMES IN PRODUCTION

Started by , Wed 02/10/2013 18:20:38

Previous topic - Next topic

m0ds

As a dev I know how important it is to reply to interested parties and how the motivation to do so can come purely from people asking rather than your own will to go explaining what's happened lately. As a player, I also know it's important to catch up on old projects, and not just be stuck with all the brand new only projects.

As some threads are locked, this is an open thread for people to come and ask about projects that haven't had an update for a short, medium or long while - and perhaps garner some responses, without the need for people to have their threads unlocked and such. And those who want to ask about projects from long ago need not worry - just ask! It's best that you come here and ask if you suspect the original GiP thread is getting old.

Just try to include a link to the original GiP thread if you can so we know which game you're talking about please ;)

I'll start - Journey Of Iesir, any updates please? :)

PS. I will prune this thread of Off Topic replies.

CaptainD

I don't know how much Daniel will want me to say about it so for now I'll just tell you the The Journey of Iesir is still very much in production. ;)

Darth Mandarb

Sure Mark ... make me the bad guy!!  :D

Actually I think this is a good great idea!  It gives a place for people to ask/discuss without digging up [potentially] dead game threads in the GiP!

I worry, just a tad, that by linking to the older threads people are going to post in them anyway but that's okay... my lightsaber is always prepared to smite the rule-breakers!!!

Stupot

Nice thread.  Sometimes it's just nice to hear "yep, game's still being made" once in a while.

It's been a while since we had any word on Kathy Rain.
Does anyone in the know have any news?

@Cap'nD - Glad to hear Iesir is still happening :-)

Andail

Kathy Rain is progressing pretty much at the speed of light.

Ghost

I'd really like to know if The Forgotten Element is officially, ultimatively, absolutely dead. There never was an announcement that it was cancelled and the production values were really high; anyone here knowing more than me?

Snake

What a great thread! Now I can check it obsessively to see if anyone is asking about MY game (I'm not mentioning the name, it's sort of a legend so it should go without saying)!

I've been wondering about more McCarthy Chronicles? How are those going, Calin, if any?
Grim: "You're making me want to quit smoking... stop it!;)"
miguel: "I second Grim, stop this nonsense! I love my cigarettes!"

cat

What actually happened to 'The Legend of Leitor's Edge' and 'Daemons in the attic'? :P

Snake

QuoteWhat actually happened to 'The Legend of Leitor's Edge'...
It will be released... *pulls down monocle slowly, accidentally brushing against his bushy mustache*... Leitor ;)
Grim: "You're making me want to quit smoking... stop it!;)"
miguel: "I second Grim, stop this nonsense! I love my cigarettes!"

kconan

Ghost

Quote from: cat on Wed 02/10/2013 22:41:19
What actually happened to [...] 'Daemons in the Attic'? :P

It turned into a RAM Ghost. Seriously, I have huge folders of assets and roughly a dozen builds. I like to think of it as the demo that made me understand AGS, but it's really not been in active development for... months.

Ponch

When is Bolt Action II: Highways of Silence coming out?
Where the heck is Airwave II?
Is Darth Mandarb ever going to finish his Firefly / Serenity game?

EDIT: When is the next WHAM forum game going to start?

JSH

Quote from: Andail on Wed 02/10/2013 20:26:20

Oh man, don't give them any ideas! :wink: But yes, things are steadily progressing, sorry about the radio silence. I'll post a proper update soon :)

arj0n

Quote from: CaptainD on Wed 02/10/2013 18:41:34
I don't know how much Daniel will want me to say about it so for now I'll just tell you the The Journey of Iesir is still very much in production. ;)
Even better, the demo is close to finished now :)

Stupot

Quote from: JSH on Thu 03/10/2013 13:34:14
Quote from: Andail on Wed 02/10/2013 20:26:20

Oh man, don't give them any ideas! :wink: But yes, things are steadily progressing, sorry about the radio silence. I'll post a proper update soon :)
Good to hear :-)  Thanks

(P.S. What Radiant said)

kconan

Quote from: Ponch on Thu 03/10/2013 05:53:17
When is Bolt Action II: Highways of Silence coming out?

Production has halted indefinitely, sorry everyone that was eagerly waiting for news/updates!  Yes, both of you.

Frodo

Wonderful idea for a thread.  :grin:

I've been wanting to ask about Perkele's game Hell Awaits.
I know he was looking for help to finish the game... is it still in production?  It had a fantastic story, it deserves to be finished.  :grin:

Calin Leafshade

Quote from: Snake on Wed 02/10/2013 22:28:12
I've been wondering about more McCarthy Chronicles? How are those going, Calin, if any?

I'm currently tied up with other things but I do tend to return to McCarthy as a long term series once i'm done with the current projects.

Igor Hardy

Technobaby, Technobaby - where is the rest of you? :confused:

selmiak

check technocrats blog, looks like the remake of the first 3 episodes is coming along nice with the help of a well known artist ;)
http://technocratgames.blogspot.co.uk/2013/05/the-futures-blue.html

though I want my TB4 fix too!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk