STAR WARS Looking Good

Started by Sotoeovoeon, Sun 22/05/2005 05:36:43

Previous topic - Next topic

Sotoeovoeon

Im putting together a star wars fan game if anyone wants to help me.Ã,  Ã, So far I'm going exactly by the story line ( The puzzles won't all go along the story line ,so we dont all no the answers, but the game will.).Ã, I have a cool intro screen that fades to a menu and the first scene.Ã,  Ã, I have the game planed out and most of the backgrounds for the game already.Ã,  Now I'm going to put it together and make up the puzzles.Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Intrested?Ã,  Ã,  Ã, E-MailÃ,  Ã, me at SOTOEOVOEON@yahoo.comÃ,  Ã,  Ã, it will be best if you have yahoo msg or you are willing to get it for the duration of this project ( for file transfers and quick communication).

If you want to give me tips or think my game is lame tell me why so i can make it better.

http://www.2dadventure.com/ags/Starwarsx.bmp
www.2dadventure.com/ags/newhope1.bmp
www.2dadventure.com/ags/newhope2.bmp
www.2dadventure.com/ags/newhope5.bmp
www.2dadventure.com/ags/newhope7.bmp

ildu

Why don't you apply for a position on the big star wars game team. I think it's Shadows of the Empire.

Darth Mandarb

You should have waited to post this ...

You don't even have a player sprite yet and all cursors and GUIs appear to be default.

Quote from: Sotoeovoeon on Sun 22/05/2005 05:36:43i could really use a 3CPO char spirite  ( a char painted yellow will do 4 now)  if anyone can do that for starters.
3P0 is going to be your player character AND you need somebody to make him for you?

Are you going to use all scanned/ripped backgrounds instead of making custom BGs yourself?

Also, you need to convert those images to JPGs, or GIFs (as I suggested to you in the CL) and post them in the thread rather than just linking to them.

If the game goes along the Star Wars story line why does your title suggest the game is called "Revenge of the Jedi"?  There is no story line already in place to go with that title.  (I'm aware it was a working title of Return of the Jedi)  So does your game follow RotJ or A New Hope?

Quote from: Sotoeovoeon on Sun 22/05/2005 05:36:43Ipics  will Put of the game up when i figure out how to make it show my picture rather than the address. i havnt used the file uploader before and i need to read up on it.
Not quite sure what that meant, but if you don't know how to upload and insert pictures you should have waited until you did.

I'm not going to lock this thread [yet] but it's riding the highway to the Danger Zone ...

Scummbuddy

Yeah, I'm a little confused. You say you work for an IP, yet you are using MSPaint for minor touch ups to pre-existing backgrounds, such as the one you took from Yahoo! Pictures. I would expect someone who works for an IP company, to have some knowledge to use an appropriate imaging program to at least make the touch ups look normal.

And just some help:
Ganna -> Gunna and you really should be using "Going to"
Spirit -> Sprite
- Oh great, I'm stuck in colonial times, tentacles are taking over the world, and now the toilets backing up.
- No, I mean it's really STUCK. Like adventure-game stuck.
-Hoagie from DOTT

Mats Berglinn

Quote from: Scummbuddy on Sun 22/05/2005 16:24:44
Ganna -> Gunna and you really should be using "Going to"

Actually, Scummbuddy, it's "gonna" but I agree that you should rather say "going to".

Darth, yeah Revenge of the Jedi was the working title for Return of the Jedi. It was a good thing because Jedis isn't suppoused to seek revenge.

DCillusion

Wow -  :o

Nice reply, maybe you should wait to post until you master the skills of the keyboard.

I know all those buttons can be intimidating, but stick with it, you'll have it in no time.

Gilbert

Hehe it's a fun fact that the Chinese title used here for "Return of the Jedi" actually meaned "Revenge of the jedi".

Abisso

QuoteHehe it's a fun fact that the Chinese title used here for "Return of the Jedi" actually meaned "Revenge of the jedi".

Used where? And "meaned" means "meant"?  ;)

On to the topic now: Sotoeovoeon (I had to copy-paste your name to write it correctly!), changing so much the first post in your edit, made the answers seem absurd.
Anyway, from what I read now, I don't understand very much about your idea. Explain it better, and then MAYBE you'll find someone willing to help you. I say maybe cause of that big (and seeming more advanced) STAR WARS project, posted somewhere in this same forum cathegory.
I agree with Ildu that you should try to contact them and join the team, if they accept you.

Look at this post http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/yabb/index.php?topic=16482.0

Good luck.
Welcome back to the age of the great guilds.

Gilbert

Used for the movie "Return of the Jedi" obviously.
And if you don't know where I'm from, you're not an AGSer! :=

Abisso

This is the most offensive thing you could tell me.
But the fact that you're from... (***looks Gilbot's profile***) Bruce Lee's country, doesn't mean you can beat me up for making you notice a little error.

:'(

P.S. Fear the city where the italian comunist party has born!  ;D

Welcome back to the age of the great guilds.

Iv4n

Convert your shots from bmp to jpg.

Bartimaeus

Haha this thread is on the verge of a flame war.

Now to tip the scales...
~The more adventures I go on, the more sand I get in my shoes

Darth Mandarb

Since this thread has degenerated into off-topic posts you aren't replying to I'm locking this.

If/when you have converted the images to an acceptable format PM me and I'll unlock this thread.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk