Donald Dowell and the Ghost of Barker Manor

Started by AprilSkies, Sun 11/11/2012 09:40:19

Previous topic - Next topic

AprilSkies

Thank you (grazie!).

The Demo is not properly a "demo game"; it's a "presentation", just to understand what we are talking about.
The game will have a big play time and it will be full of puzzles; The Demo is short 'cause I don't want to ruin the future game-play :)

I hope I will find a good translator; at the moment there are nearly 25.000 words.

www.apemarina.altervista.org

AprilSkies

Hi everyone.
Good News: The game is finished!!!! ... but, unfortunately, only in italian language; the Italian version will be published on may 9th on our website (http://www.apemarina.altervista.org/)
For the English version we need time to translate ... I hope to find a good translator that could manage it in few months!

san.daniele

good thing I speak Italian then!

looking forward to play this, I really like the screenshots.
… By the way, it looks like the Mario Brothers changed profession?! :)

Stupot

Congrats on finishing it.  If only I spoke italian.  Can't wait for the English release :)

Frodo

Congrats on finishing it.  Loved the demo.  :grin:

AprilSkies

Thank you guys; hope we'll be ready as soon as possible with english vrsion.

Quote from: san.daniele on Sun 05/05/2013 19:10:03
good thing I speak Italian then!

looking forward to play this, I really like the screenshots.
… By the way, it looks like the Mario Brothers changed profession?! :)

Hi San.daniele,
so you can speak Italian ... can you help us with translations?
I'll contact you by pm...

Monsieur OUXX

Karl Marx + Groucho Marx = absolute win!

AprilSkies

Hi Folks, good news from Italy!

The game is having a good success in Italy and it is currently being localized to english !!!

Full game will be localized by the translation team Rum Corp(se) Localisation Pro (http://rumcorpse.wix.com/rum-corpse-localisation/apps/blog/donald-dowell-and-the-ghost-of-barker), composed of the talented Italian girls Claudia Mucavero e Marialuisa Ruggiero, authors of the excellent Italian localization of game "The Marionette" (made with AGS - http://www.teameffigy.com/).

Full english version will be ready before the end of the year.

Frodo

Tabata

Wonderful news!
I really enjoyed the first one and I am eager to get my hands on this one.  (nod)

AprilSkies

AprilSkies

Hi everyone,
Graet news: we finished the localization to english!!
We're sooo happy for that!!

... but we need your help: can someone help us in proofreading and/or in testing english version??
We need to check if there are grammatical errors, but most of all we need to understand how it sounds to an English native speaker.
If someone is interested, contact me here or via P.M.

I thank you all in advance, for your help, for your encouragement... and for all ...
I hope the game will be released soon!

arj0n

kaput

This is great news ;-D. Looking forward to play!

Mandle

Quote from: AprilSkies on Thu 10/10/2013 11:05:43
can someone help us in proofreading and/or in testing english version??
We need to check if there are grammatical errors, but most of all we need to understand how it sounds to an English native speaker.
If someone is interested, contact me here or via P.M.

I want to help out.

I find the game's look and the main character absolutely charming.

I happen to be an English teacher and a real stickler concerning grammar and the overall nuance of sentence structure.

Stephen King (in his instructional book for writers: "On Writing") had an excellent tip which I always remember when editing writing, be it my own or that of others:

"Take out all the signs that say 'Horse'."

By which he meant:

Let's say you walk into an art gallery and see a picture of a horse hanging on the wall, and then you look down and see a sign under it which says "Horse"...

This is an obvious redundancy which needs to be removed or this particular art gallery is going to get more guffaws than serious art appreciation from its viewers.

I consider myself pretty decent at removing the signs that say "Horse" from descriptions and dialog, and above average at finding inconsistencies in grammar.

If interested, please PM me the details of how I can get started on this project.

:)

AprilSkies

Thank you Mandle. i sent you a PM.
You are really kind!

Mandle

Quote from: AprilSkies on Sat 12/10/2013 18:48:07
Thank you Mandle. i sent you a PM.
You are really kind!

;)

A long journey is always the most satisfying...

AprilSkies

We are so close to finish the game!
And that has been possible only with the help of Mandle and RumCorpse Localization Pro!!!

so.... coming very very soon...

Mandle

Quote from: AprilSkies on Thu 05/12/2013 08:29:18
We are so close to finish the game!

And what an amazing game it is!

I'm proud to have been able to help in bringing this unforgettable game out into the larger English speaking community!

As I told AprilSkies during our long and winding path to final release:

I came to AGS in the hope of finding games to match the fun I had back in the day with such games as "Day of the Tentacle", "Sam and Max", and "The Dig"...(to name but a few)

And I have found some games here that came close.

But I would have to point out "Donald Dowell and the Ghost of Barker Manor" as the one that came the closest to those heavenly experiences.

Even after the 25,000 word proofread of the original script during mid-October I still had no idea of the experience awaiting me upon the first playtest of this game.

Constant work on the behalf of AprilSkies and the incredibly patient Rum Corpse team (for bearing with me through all my nit-picking about issues) is finally about to bring this work of art to fruition.

I know I have personally logged over 100 work hours on this project which means Rum Corpse did at least three times that if not much more, and AprilSkies did in the many thousands. (He is just the author and all though...(laugh))

I cannot express how excited I am about the upcoming release, and also how envious I already am of all of you who are going to get to experience this game for the first time.

AprilSkies

Of course, Thank you Mandle, for your precious help....

... and Yaaayyy!

We got it!

The game is finally complete!

I'll update the thread and of course create a new one on Complete games announcements ...

and I thank all of you guys!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk