MAGS November: "Night-Time" (CLOSED)

Started by Atelier, Thu 31/10/2013 14:49:41

Previous topic - Next topic

Myshkin

...a little late to this thread, but just putting it out there that I'm also entering this month, with my first game EVER (so be nice!)

I discovered AGS existed a few weeks ago, and then discovered MAGS a few days later. I have a bad habit of starting projects and never finishing them, so this seemed like a good way of forcing myself to finish something!

CaptainD

Selmiak will probably shout at me (AGAIN!! 8-08-08-0), but I just had to post a quick screenshot to show off his awesome background art for our MAGS game...

selmiak

*shouts with creamy foam around teh mouth*

Fitz

Emont: Welcome, dear newcomer! Indeed, MAGS is a GREAT way to get motivated (tried it myself, loved it!). So... GET CRACKIN'!!! ;)

CaptainD, Selmiak: Lookin' good, gentlemen! Keep it up! :)

Adeel

Maybe it was a good thing that I backed out from the competition. Because I'm suffering from illness since more than a week (10 days to be precise).

Also, selmiak, that background is quite nice. Take a time to teach me your excellent drawing art skills, will you? Because I really dig this style. (nod).

Good luck to CaptainD and you. :)

Atelier

Just under 48 hours to spit and shine your entries Emont / CaptainD and selmiak!

selmiak

hehe, confusion worked, emont is making music for our game. When I did first read his entry I though great, another entry, until I realised, hey, this is our musician... well, one of them...

Myshkin

Hello!

So, I actually managed to finish a thing I started (not intentionally being sneaky, but I was working on my own game as well as writing music for selmiak - I just forgot to post about it until a few days ago). I thought I'd start simple with a one room game, but then managed to make it difficult for myself by making it at the highest resolution and making it an absolutely huge room...

The game is called Magic Owl and it's a (hopefully) relaxing game of exploration and interactive music generation.
Hope you enjoy it! This is my first ever game and I certainly learnt a lot by making it so quickly.
Any feedback will be greatly appreciated...

Thanks!

http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/site/games/game/1739/

Myshkin

Woops, I just re-read the rules and realised I needed to post an ingame screenshot.
Let's try this again:

"Magic Owl"

AGS site: http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/site/games/game/1739/
Download link: http://www.edwinmontgomerymusic.com/downloads/magicowl.zip

selmiak

cool, another MAGS entry! Now that is a confusing surprise after the first pure confusion... :D

selmiak

lol, MAGS is fun, still adding in stuff and my energydrink consumption level is very much above normal! 8-0 ;-D

@CaptainD: mind coming on skype sometime in the next few hours???

CaptainD

Quote from: selmiak on Sat 30/11/2013 18:56:37
@CaptainD: mind coming on skype sometime in the next few hours???

Coming, coming... hope you make sense after 20 Red Bulls...!

Ghost

Quote from: selmiak on Sat 30/11/2013 18:56:37
lol, MAGS is fun, still adding in stuff and my energydrink consumption level is very much above normal! 8-0 ;-D

I hope [to] you stay faithful to Monster Khaos, dude. That stuff is tingly on the way out :-D

_
* You. Not "to"

selmiak

khaos is teh bestest! But I can tell you there was also the same in red available and used...
currently uploading to CaptainD who will upload to gamejolt. Should be a matter of 15 minutes or so...

CaptainD

Game now available!

http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/site/games/game/1740/

Just made it in time...

selmiak

Quote from: CaptainD on Sat 30/11/2013 23:03:57
Just made it in time...

in night time that is :D
congrats on the release Captain! :D

Fitz

Congrats, guys! Really happy to see both games -- and finished right on time, too :)

TheBitPriest

Congratulations! :) Tried them for a few minutes, and looking forward to seeing more later... 

CaptainD

I enjoyed the madness of MAGS! :-D 8-0  Hope people stick around to the end of our game for the final dialogue line in-game and the final message in the closing credits. ;)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk