How many people browse the forums on their phone?

Started by Peder 🚀, Fri 01/11/2013 01:52:43

Previous topic - Next topic

Peder 🚀

Stupot

I do almost every day.  I can just about load the main site on my phone but it takes ages and canes my megabytes. So I'm grateful for the quick and light WAP version.

Igor Hardy

This is like the most boring question EVER!

I do sometimes though.

Ghost

Me, never. Ever. My phone doesn't even have internet and I have no interest in it ever getting some. That's what a PC is for, after all.

Grim

Tabata

I  do it at work to take a peek, what “the family” is doing.
It works really well, but typing is pure horror for me. (roll)

Mouth for war

Im doing it right now at work. Nothing better than sneaking away to the bathroom and browse away :-D
mass genocide is the most exhausting activity one can engage in, next to soccer

Retro Wolf

I do, unfortunately I have a Windows phone. The internet browser crashes all the time!
Browsing on mobile devices is painful in my experience!

miguel

I do peek the forums often with my phone, mostly around 11pm when I have a cigarette time-out. But it's not exactly fun to do it.
Working on a RON game!!!!!

DoorKnobHandle

Same here. I sometimes do it, when I'm away from the keyboard, mostly after I've made a thread or post that I expect to get some sort of feedback! I very rarely post from it though.

Dropped Monocle Games

Yup, I would say 80% of the time on phone or tablet

Calin Leafshade

You guys browse the forums on your phone?

Fucking losers.

--

Sent from my HTC

Peder 🚀

Quote from: Ascovel on Fri 01/11/2013 03:29:27
This is like the most boring question EVER!

Yes, boring question, but I want to know for research reasons!

Thanks for all the answers so far :).

To those who mention that it's "not fun" or similar.
Any special reason why?

arj0n

I do. Works fine on my HTC.
Except for the dropdown-menus like 'Messages', 'Actions' & 'Preferences' (once you're in the Messages section). That doesn't seem to work... :-(

Adeel

I browse the forums through my phone (Nokia 6300) many times a day too. I'm with Tababta here. Browsing on mobile is only good for peeking into what's going on and/or shortly replying to PMs. Even with the predictability on, typing is a real pain! (wtf)

Quote from: Oldschool_Wolf on Fri 01/11/2013 09:42:34
I do, unfortunately I have a Windows phone. The internet browser crashes all the time!

I don't know much about Windows Phone, but can't you install another 'stable' browser on it? :)

Tabata

Quote from: Peder Johnsen+ on Fri 01/11/2013 13:28:43
Any special reason why?
I am no typer of messages on the mobile, so I am not used to do so, but it is the auto correction that I hate most (or is it called suggestion function?), but it will be my fault being too dumb to do correct settings.
I switched off the auto correction, but no luck and even if I adjust to the language I am currently typing it changes to words that I didn't choose to be used.
That way I have to delete and write a lot of words again and try to avoid typing any messages on the mobile.

Just smilies are cool and work perfect :grin:
So the reason on my side isn't because of the internet connection.

But I sooo much love to be able to lurk the forums a bit and getting my mails when I am not at home

Stupot

Quote from: Peder Johnsen+ on Fri 01/11/2013 13:28:43
Any special reason why?

(Note: I'm talking about the WAP version here, rather than viewing the normal web version on mobile.)

I mainly use it for reading new posts. I don't really tend to send posts from my phone much.  I do sometimes, but if I can I will usually wait til I get to a PC.  The reason is that posting in fields from my phone is just a pain in the arse, but that is my phone's issue.

I like the lightness quickness of it. That comes at the expense of not being able to see images and formatting and everything else, but I don't mind that if it saves on my data usage.  One thing that came up recently that I wished was different, was the fact that I couldn't see the dates and times of the posts and I wanted to see when a particular post was made.

selmiak

there is a WAP version? When I used to browse the forum with my phone I always used the web version mostly to read and not to post as posting from a phone is annoying. And when browsing the web version it is very incovenient that the links back to the main page of the forum are all very small. The banner on top is very huge and clickable, but sadly leads back to the main ags page. But this is for the webversion, I haven't tried the wap version. So maybe making the WAP version more visible/easier to access when browsing here with a phone or make it the standard when browing here with a phone could save a lot of trouble for phoney browsers.

Stupot

The link to the wap version is at the bottom of this page:
http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/forums/index.php?wap2

That is the default version that loads up when I visit this site from my phone.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk