Time Stone

Started by Tenacious Stu, Sat 09/11/2013 20:18:55

Previous topic - Next topic

Tenacious Stu

Time Stone is a short adventure game set in a fantasy world with a Sci Fi twist.

The Story

In a fantasy realm, Elle, a young Wizard's apprentice, arrives at the Professor's house house one day for her potions lesson, only to discover that the Professor is in terrible danger and an evil Warlock is looking for something that holds tremendous power. Will you be able to uncover the Professor's secret and rescue him from the evil clutches of the Warlock? Only time will tell.

Team
Time Stone was designed and created by Stuart Lilford.
Original Soundtrack by Mark Lovegrove

"It's rare for an adventure game to be this logical, concise and amusing at the same time. It's refreshing."

"download Time Stone, provided of course you'd enjoy spending one leisurely hour of pointing and clicking at pixelated objects and characters in a smart and humorous adventure."

Scared Square Games

Ghost

I shall play and love the hell out of this! Looks scrumptious!

CaptainD

Looks very cool indeed! :-D

Matt Frith

I played it earlier and I liked it a lot.  Enjoyed the characters and dialog a lot and wouldn't say no to a longer game featuring Elle at some point!

Stupot

I was lucky enough to test this and it's a beaut.  Quite short but very sweet with some really funny dialogue.  Nice one Stu :-)

Adeel

Quote from: Stupot+ on Sat 09/11/2013 21:24:01
I was lucky enough to test this and it's a beaut.  Quite short but very sweet with some really funny dialogue.  Nice one Stu :-)

Same sentiments here. Congratulations, Stu! :)

Mandle

Downloading now!!! Been waiting for this one since I saw the screenies in GID XD Looks like a nice lazy Sunday afternoon delight!.....AND....It's Sunday!!!

Gribbler

Great graphics. Looks like Maniac Mansion with a touch of Simon the Sorcerer.

DoorKnobHandle

Oh noes! That hotspot label (that says Puddle in the screenshot) is 1px too high. Rated 0 cups! :p

(Just kidding, looks absolutely great - although that tiny misalignment drives me up the walls, kinda like mixed pixel resolutions - I'm weird like that haha)

Mandle

Hahaha! Great game! Short, but very well crafted in all the details. Just finished it... Loved the ending :-D

Anian

Short but sweet. I also liked a lot of hinted and mentioned backstory, gave it all a feel of a bigger world.
I don't want the world, I just want your half

miguel

I'm jealous of this game, this is what I wanted to achieve with the Dwarven Dagger games!
Great job so far, I'm stuck and sleepy and will have a fresh start in the morning, but enjoying the game a lot!
Congratulations!
Working on a RON game!!!!!

Tabata

That was cute! 
Good job!

I especially loved the animation when the evil was beaten - gave me a laugh :grin:

m0ds

Very nice, really enjoyed the incidental animations, and also (no bias!) would like to see more :)

The soundtrack is here for download. I decided to finally give FL Studio a shot, though it was the free version, whereby you can't load any saved files, so I wasn't able to modify anything, just do it once and hope for the best. Typically I alleviated the problems during the last track to make.. Still it was a good introduction to FL Studio and hope the music brings some enjoyment despite its somewhat lackluster approach. Thanks for the op Stu!

Tenacious Stu

We have received some lovely little write-ups for Time Stone:

IndieGames.com:http://indiegames.com/2013/11/freeware_pick_point-click_the_.html
Indie Statik: http://indiestatik.com/2013/11/14/time-stone/

Plus we were featured as a game on Game Jolt! We've had some really positive feedback on the game, so thanks everyone who has ever said anything nice about it :)

@Ghost
Did you play and love the hell out of it?

@CaptianD
Thanks! Glad you think so :)

@MattFrith
Really nice to hear that you enjoyed the dialog. Unfortunately, there are currently no plans for Elle to return for another game. Perhaps one set in the same universe?

@Stupot+
Thanks again for testing. I would wholeheartedly recommend you as a tester to anyone. Very thorough!

@Adeel S. Ahmed
Thanks again also for testing :)

@Mandle
Yeah, I originally started working on this back for MAGS July! Although I was no where near finished, I'm glad that it turned out the way it did. Nice to hear you enjoyed the ending.

@Gribbler
Simon the Sorcerer was one of the core influences for this game. If you notice, the tapestry has similar symbols to Calypso's house from the first game ;)

@DoorKnobHandle
Oh Noes, I must launch a patch to fix this dire bug. Ha Ha.

@Anian
Thanks! The world wasn't something I concentrated a lot on, but just hinted at, so it's good to see some of that got through

@Miguel
Did you end up finishing? Or are you still stuck?

@Tabata
We've heard from a lot of people that the game is funny and makes them laugh, which is just heartwarming, thank you.

@Mods
Thanks again for the music, man. I was really pleased with how it all came out in the end :)

Monsieur OUXX

Bug report: when you put the candles into the candlestick, their baseline is probably wrong because they appear in front of the character.

Spoiler

Hey! Is the teleportation animation from Flashback? :D
[close]

Fitz

Loved it! The dragon's my absolute favorite, he just cracked me up. And was the professor's... you know... friend Saruman? Kinda looked like him -- but maybe it's just me being tired. Anyway, a short but thoroughly enjoyable experience. Strangely enough, it's the second game featuring a female practicioner of magic that I played today -- the other being "A Boney Night" -- and both were so playfully inventive in their approach to the fantasy genre. I'm having a hard time trying to refrain from borrowing some of the ideas for a fantasy story of my own :-D

Construed

Great little game for a one roomer!
Good attention to detail!
I felt sorry for myself because I had no shoes.
Then I met the man with no feet.

selmiak

What a loveley little game. I really enjoyed it!

kaput

Really aesthetically pleasing and charming wee game. Really enjoyed the ending (laugh). Hope to see more adventures of the Time Stone!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk