Tune Contest (Nov 23rd - Dec 7th) - Temple

Started by nihilyst, Sat 23/11/2013 13:37:18

Previous topic - Next topic

nihilyst

Hey!

This time, your task is to compose a tune for a temple scene in an adventure game. This temple could be a Greek temple, a Mayan one, a futuristic temple or even a temple on a strange alien planet. That's all up to you. You should, however, include a short description of the scenery you chose for your tune.

No restrictions.

This contest ends on Dec 7th.

cheers
nihilyst

EDIT: And to get your creative juices flowing, here's my 'entry': CLICK HERE

nihilyst

Pinback

I did something for this a few days ago and wasn't satisfied with the results enough to show it to anyone - but seeing as it's a bit quiet (A.K.A easy win) I thought I'd post it up. :)

I was thinking a droning sky temple ambiance, with kind of an electronic Buddhist chant box feel.

https://soundcloud.com/gobletleechen/temple

Made with;

Akai AX80
Yamaha TG33
Roland D5 (circuit bent)
Some random samples
Reason 7

Diamond16

This is a piece of music I composed for CaptainD and selmiak's MAGs entry, Eternal Chrysalis.  Think Egyptian-style temple in the desert :) (the song is a loop as it was intended to be used in-game)

https://soundcloud.com/diane-webster/eternal-chrysalis

nihilyst

Okay, that's a tough one to decide.

Pinback, you nailed the Buddhist chant box feel you're talking of. Mixed with electronic bits and pieces, this makes for an interesting temple ambience.

Diamond16, that's definitely crying EGYPT! into my face. I can imagine the desert, hot sand and pyramids.

I like both, but I like Pinback's entry more for the unconvenient but perfect mixture of styles. Your go, Pinback! :D

Pinback

Woo! Thank you!

I'll brainstorm for a bit and post the next comp soon.

Incidentally I almost made up some graphics for the chant box for this track to go with, but then thinking of that made me want to make it into an actual game/AGS UI of sorts whereby you could press corroded buttons on it to add new harmonies etc... Maybe I'll just make it and bury it in my next game somewhere where virtually noone will find it, and those that do will waste hours trying to use my red herring on stuff... Ahh yeah. :D

nihilyst

Doc_Savage

Someone has to Go Kamikazee and do the next one ;)

nihilyst

Okay, since Pinback and Diamond16 haven't been online for a while, it seems the best idea if someone else takes over. Doc_Savage, would you like to start a new competition?

MillsJROSS

Bump...if it doesn't happen in the next few days, I'll volundo it.

nihilyst

Seems like a good idea, Diamond! Go for it! :D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk