Meteor: 0.1.1.2 Mesa-FC III [update: 21th november]

Started by alexwbc, Tue 05/11/2013 20:03:43

Previous topic - Next topic

alexwbc

Meteor is mainly a project I've made to learn basics and stuff on AGS, so I can't promise I will complete it but if some interest is arise I would certainly more motivated to bring this forward.

First person adventure

New update: Adventure continues in the mine

Linux dependencies: to run the ags engine on linux you need to install dependencies first, there are two way to do this:
1: download and install ags_3.30.0-1_i386.deb... the package manager should do all the rest
or 2: open a terminal and paste this:
Quotesudo apt-get install libaldmb1 liballegro4.4 libc6 libdumb1 libfreetype6 libgcc1 libogg0 libstdc++6 libtheora0 libvorbis0a libvorbisfile3 -y

alexwbc

New update.. items are coming!:grin:

Experimenting a bit of inventory (right click on the guy) and some dialogue... with items!

Next step is to make inventory GUI disappear once player's cursor over inventory screen //OR// when player left-click one item (cursor is supposed to become the selected item)... meanwhile right-click is used to examine items

Stupot

This is looking quite nice.  Keep the screens coming :)

CaptainD

Yeah, for some reason this art style really appeals to me!  Hope your learning exercise goes well. 8-)

alexwbc

@CaptainD and @Stupot+: thanks for your support, it does matter to me :)
Also, new update: some more adjusting with dialogues and animation for collect item on background:

Andail

I like it!
While the graphics could use some polish, I think you show great drawing potential :)

alexwbc

Thanks Andail, as you've guessed I am not putting so much effort in art; this is because I've intended this title much more of learning exercise and while keeping the "sketchy style" I am more motivated to trash and redo some stuff while experimenting.

Anyway, in the last update I am on the way to finish the inventory/item system (rightclick on the guy to open/close) so I can finally move forward in the adventure dynamics's stuff :)

I was undecided whether to put the inventory window on top or bottom... well, in the end I though: "let the player choose through drag&drop" (laugh)

alexwbc

Ok, I've completed all the basic features for the GUI (inventory and items), so the adventure can finally step forward :cool:. A display message will inform when player get at the maximum advancement's point of the story... so there's no risk to wander pointlessly.

please notify me if you'd find any bug, here's the solution to check if you get to the point where you're supposed to advance.

Chapter 0.1.1
Spoiler

+ Once you get the control of the Guy go "chat" with the terminal
+ [Open service data manager] > [show files] > [print ... on screen] > [use printer to print...] > [save raw data on foppy] > [pick floppy]
+ open inventory (right click on Guy) > examine floppy (right click on floppy)
+ walk left to "rudimentary elevator" > climb down
+ use "metal slider" on "Elevator's energy cell core"
= shake your own hands: you won! (laugh)
[close]

alexwbc

Some slight addition, now working on more detailed environment... still figuring out best way to include inventory screen.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk