Magic Owl

Started by Myshkin, Thu 05/12/2013 09:28:06

Previous topic - Next topic

Myshkin

Hi!

I discovered AGS in late September, discovered MAGS in October and thought it would be a good way to force myself to actually finish a project. Up until 2 months ago I hadn't even considered ever making a game, so I'm proud to show a complete working game called "Magic Owl":

http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/site/games/game/1739/

Magic Owl is a game of exploration and musical interaction. There are no goals or points to win; fly around and the space will interact visually and musically, generating a soundtrack as you play. The game is intended to be a relaxing and peaceful experience of discovery.

Hope you enjoy it!
Thanks
Emont

CaptainD

Hi Ermont

Congrats on your first release! It was a nice experience, I think my little girl will love this - she loves both owls and music, so it's a winning combination! :cheesy:  Loved the way the different sounds and melodies were implemented.

(Also, thanks for providing some great tracks for our MAGS game.)

Myshkin

Thanks CaptainD! I was thinking this could be a good one for kids, though I haven't trialled that yet...
Congrats on finishing your MAGS too! I enjoyed working on it, and going from 0 games to working on 2 within a few weeks seems like a good start.

Cogliostro

A visual/musical experience!  Surreal, yet relaxing.

One LITTLE suggestion: I wanted the owl to just wander endlessly when I hit space, letting me take over only when I wanted.

- Cogliostro
"First things first, but not necessarily in that order." - Dr. Who

Myshkin

Thanks Cogliostro!

I had actually intended for the random movement to work like you described, so you could basically just watch it move without any further input, but I couldn't figure this out. I might add it in later if I can get it to work...

Thanks
Emont

Adeel

This game provided me with different kind of joy. It felt like a break from the usual genres of games I play. Excellent game and excellent idea.

Completing your first game having good graphics and level of polish within such a short notice of time is a great achievement, in my opinion, considering you composed music for another game too. (nod)

My best wishes are with you. Good luck for your future games. :)

miguel

Yup, you're on the right path Emont. Lots of talent for a first game. Congrats!
Working on a RON game!!!!!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk