Space Tunneler (MAGS December 2015)

Started by CaptainD, Fri 01/01/2016 00:27:28

Previous topic - Next topic

CaptainD

Quote from: MiteWiseacreLives! on Mon 11/01/2016 17:17:01
Spacebar for SHIELDS!? I didn't know about that!!!

OOPS... like I said, the lack of instructions / a tutorial is my one big regret about this game.

Another note - shields recharge quicker the faster you're moving, and don't recharge at all when you're moving at the slowest speed.  Remember that - it's VERY important! :grin:

Cassiebsg

Well, I finally managed to super wimp my through the game and exit at the other end. :-D
Funny though, I only also found out about space bar for shields, AFTER I was done. :-\ I had read about how they recharge and what not, but thought they were active by default, and once shields were down, then the hull gauge would start getting "hit".... Guess I never used the shields at all.
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

CaptainD

Quote from: Cassiebsg on Mon 11/01/2016 18:44:52
Well, I finally managed to super wimp my through the game and exit at the other end. :-D
Funny though, I only also found out about space bar for shields, AFTER I was done. :-\ I had read about how they recharge and what not, but thought they were active by default, and once shields were down, then the hull gauge would start getting "hit".... Guess I never used the shields at all.

:-[:-D

Well, you have proved beyond doubt that it is possible to complete the game without using the shields at all  - at least in Ultra Wimpy Mode!! 8-)

Using the shields can be useful, but at certain sections of the game, it actually hinders more than helps.  I like to think of it as a cunning strategy puzzle (honestly, it IS a feature not a bug!).

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk