Able Mabel gets a Job (Point and Click Jam 2014)

Started by Resulka, Sat 10/01/2015 13:36:20

Previous topic - Next topic

Resulka

Hi guys,

I'm really bad about posting to the forums, been meaning to do this for ages. But I was hoping you might like to play my point and click Jam entry, Abel Mabel gets a job?

It was made in 10 hectic days where I essentially ran around like a chicken without a head, spurting game assets instead of blood and viscera about and may have slept very little during this period.

Here's a little description of it (And an image!):

This is a twist on the fairy tale "The old Witch" wherein 2 sisters take turns taking a maid job with an old witch to earn or steal money from her.

In our version, You've been taken on for a day's trial against another applicant. Can you beat the other girl to get the job? Will you be victorious and the hired help??

Download Able Mabel gets a Job

I designed the game to evoke the minigame style of Manhunter, but hopefully the minigames are a little bit less annoying, they're certainly shorter! But if you have RSI, you might want to think twice about it. I have made the minigames as well, easy as I could try a leisurely pace at first, you might find you won't need to go like the clackers. <3

Thank you for trying out my game and hopefully I'll be better at remembering to post here on my next game release... Which should be any day now. Just need to finish beta testing!

bicilotti

Looks really nice and I would love to play it, but I am on Debian Linux (which doesn't get together well with RAR self extracting archives). Do you think you can upload a .zip?

Stupot

I played this at the time of the P&C jam. It was certainly one of the strongest games on offer. And very funny, if I remember rightly. Definitely worth a bash :-)

monkey424

sthomannch

It is not a rar problem, but because the thing is an exe file... Use wine. Works for me

Resulka

Quote from: bicilotti on Sat 10/01/2015 22:59:08
Looks really nice and I would love to play it, but I am on Debian Linux (which doesn't get together well with RAR self extracting archives). Do you think you can upload a .zip?

Sure! Sorry about the late response - I was finalizing the other project I've been working on.

Zip Version

bicilotti

Quote from: Resulka on Wed 14/01/2015 11:18:49
Sure! Sorry about the late response - I was finalizing the other project I've been working on.

Zip Version

From a staunch believer in open formats, thanks!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk