Jibble

Author Topic: HYDRATE MAGs March 2019  (Read 1202 times)

Retro Wolf

• The Viscount of Vaporware
    • Retro Wolf worked on one or more games that was nominated for an AGS Award!
HYDRATE MAGs March 2019
« on: 27 Mar 2019, 13:29 »

You are Shar, the last remaining engineer on a heavily damaged mining station in deep space. Many are dead, water supplies are gone, the last high ranking officer is drunk out of his face, what will you do?!
A quick and easy point and click made for MAGS March 2019.
The theme is GLASS OF WATER.

Music by Eric Matyas.
Testing by Cassiebsg.

https://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/site/games/game/2335/

It's been too long since I've finished a project, even though it's a small one, I enjoyed the process.
I'm releasing it before the deadline because I'll be too busy this week, but I consider it complete.
Special thanks to Cassiebsg for her input.

Walkthrough is in a text file with the game.

Warning: No saving system, this might be a bit controversial, but due to the short length of the game I didn't bother.
« Last Edit: 27 Mar 2019, 13:50 by Retro Wolf »

KyriakosCH

• Alien spiral maker
    • I can help with backgrounds
    • I can help with story design
    • I can help with translating
Re: HYDRATE MAGs March 2019
« Reply #1 on: 27 Mar 2019, 13:35 »
Looks very cool :)
Envy can ruin a man; try the Chrysalis... Read articles in my Patreon!

Hobo

« Reply #2 on: 27 Mar 2019, 18:32 »
Played it, enjoyed it, recommend it! Could probably do with a little less conversation and a little more action, but it's fine, it's a solid MAGS game. Visually satisfying, music from Eric Matyas is always good and the writing, although a bit too suggestive for me at times, is pleasurable to peruse. Great work, Retro Wolf!

I did spot a little typo:
Spoiler: ShowHide
When you ask help from the Clitorian, "Thank you" at the end of the conversation is missing a space, but since there's already so much space in the game, I don't really mind or who knows, maybe it's Xenamorphian slang or something.

Retro Wolf

« Reply #3 on: 28 Mar 2019, 13:54 »
Cheers for the lovely review Hobo!

I did spot a little typo:

Must have missed that day of school.  (laugh)

« Reply #4 on: 28 Mar 2019, 18:04 »
Fun game! Good adaptation of the theme. Good graphics, effects and animation. Enjoyable puzzles and story. I have to confess to trying to suppress a few laughs and failing to do so. Overall, good job!

Retro Wolf

« Reply #5 on: 29 Mar 2019, 15:14 »
Cheers Shadow! These comments really mean a lot to me.

I swear you must review every single AGS game ever, you must save a lot of money on gaming.  (laugh)

« Reply #6 on: 29 Mar 2019, 18:08 »
Cheers Shadow! These comments really mean a lot to me.

I swear you must review every single AGS game ever, you must save a lot of money on gaming.  (laugh)

LOL actually, no! Just the ones I enjoyed playing. I think I got the comment about saving money: Do you mean that I play AGS games for free rather than buying commercial games...?

Retro Wolf

« Reply #7 on: 30 Mar 2019, 15:52 »
Do you mean that I play AGS games for free rather than buying commercial games...?
If that's the case, good on you, I've spent way too much money on games over the years! But was just a little joke about how active you are on the site. Thanks again.  ;)

« Reply #8 on: 31 Mar 2019, 04:17 »
Do you mean that I play AGS games for free rather than buying commercial games...?
If that's the case, good on you, I've spent way too much money on games over the years! But was just a little joke about how active you are on the site. Thanks again.  ;)

Well, I'll take it all as a compliment  :-D Cheers

selmiak

• ǝsıɔɹǝxǝ ʞɔǝu puɐ uıɐɹq
    • I can help with play testing
    • I can help with proof reading
    • I can help with translating
    • I can help with web design
    • selmiak worked on one or more games that won an AGS Award!
    •  
    • selmiak worked on one or more games that was nominated for an AGS Award!
« Reply #9 on: 01 Apr 2019, 15:10 »
I played it and even recorded this :)

HanaIndiana

• Rottwheelers
  • I like the games... the games that go click!
    • I can help with play testing
    • I can help with scripting
    • I can help with voice acting
    • HanaIndiana worked on one or more games that won an AGS Award!
    •  
    • HanaIndiana worked on one or more games that was nominated for an AGS Award!
« Reply #10 on: 06 Apr 2019, 20:22 »
Great game Retro Wolf!  :grin:
I especially enjoyed the AI hologram art, and the theme idea.