Donald Dowell & the Ghost of Barker Manor

Started by Cogliostro, Thu 19/12/2013 21:37:17

Previous topic - Next topic

AGluva

Hello and thank you both for the tips..;)

Quote from: AprilSkies on Tue 25/02/2014 09:57:27

If you need more about the balance puzzle:
Spoiler
on each side of the balance you have to put the same weight and exactely 145 units each side: so, for example put on the left the balls wich are on top of the following roman numbers: 7, 13, 55, 70. Put on the other plate the others balls. :D
[close]

Thanks, I understood the goal of the puzzle, I just had a little trouble with the calculating..

Spoiler
Since I'm not very familiar with Roman numerals and don't recall any indication of how many (145?) units each side should equal, after the better part of an hour randomly clicking weights to no avail I had to peek at the walkthrough..just needed a little nudge in the right direction.
[close]

Then it seems I used up my limit of saved game slots on much of the latter part of the game (after the puzzles were solved) so I couldn't give them another shot from scratch. Anyway I've since learned it's a good idea to reserve a save slot BEFORE attempting puzzles from now on. 

About the luggage puzzle:
Spoiler

most of the peaople solved it just trying. It's easy to solve just trying...
But anyway there's a clue: on the shelf (up on the bed). There are "strange shaped object" ... you can see.. they indicate ... 1 - 2 - 3.
[close]

Ah Yes, I see now! ;-)

Spoiler
Of course, the number of shapes in each pile.."peculiar knick knacks oddly ordered" could be interpreted as " strange 'combination' of knick knacks" Huh, sometimes the easiest clues are right there in front of you the whole time. Guess I was distracted with everything else strewn about the room.
[close]

Quote from: Mandle on Mon 24/02/2014 23:43:10

Mortal Kombat:
Spoiler
I managed to win it once. If you win it Donald praises how cool video games are, a complete 180 on his remarks about how lame they are when he loses. So yeah, all you gain is that joke, and some satisfaction ;)
[close]

Thanks mandle, so good to know he DOES have a fighting chance. ;)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk