Heroine's Quest - The Herald Of Ragnarok - Now available on Steam!

Started by Corby, Thu 26/12/2013 00:09:36

Previous topic - Next topic

Corby

Crystal Shard is proud to announce the release of Heroine's Quest: The Herald of Ragnarok, available for FREE download!

Heroine's Quest: The Herald of Ragnarok is an adventure / RPG hybrid. Like in many adventure games, you have a world to save, and must use your wit, guile and inventory to puzzle your way through. Like in many roleplaying games, you can customize your character with various classes and skills, and must train yourself in combat to stand a chance against the fierce monsters in your way.

The game is designed in the spirit and atmosphere of the classics, and strives to have the same high quality of art, music, and plot. With multiple character classes and several solutions to many puzzles, the game has excellent replayability.

Features:
- Explore the rich world of Norse mythology!
- Three character classes with separate side quests: use your strength as a warrior, the arcane arts as a sorceress, wit and guile as a rogue, or create a hybrid with skills from multiple classes.
- 32 distinct voice acted characters with animated portraits.
- Over 100 hand-painted backgrounds and 10,000 sprites in animations.
- Many monsters, including giants, trolls, and svartalfar.
- High replayability due to optional quests, alternative solutions, and the three different classes.

Available for download from www.crystalshard.net/hq.htm .

Steam page: http://store.steampowered.com/app/283880

Soundtrack available here: http://www.indiedb.com/games/heroines-quest/

dactylopus

Downloading now, and can't wait to play!

Thanks so much for all of your hard work, Crystal Shard!

Daniel Eakins

W00t! Looks like it might be one of the best RPGs ever made with AGS :cheesy: :cheesy:

How long is the average play time? Is it a full-length game?

PS: The second and third images don't work on the game page (AGS website).
We all have our time machines, don't we?

cacaro

They said it's comparable in size to the largest QFG games.

By the way, huge HUGE congratulations for the release.

Construed

OMG, Can't believe all that hard work for free! I've been eagerly awaiting this!!
Going to download now!!
I felt sorry for myself because I had no shoes.
Then I met the man with no feet.

neon

As agreed with Radiant, in case the Crystal Shard server is going slow or not able to handle requests anymore, here is a download mirror:

http://www.adventure-treff.de/files/dl/HeroinesQuestSetup.exe

Secret Fawful

Andail

I congratulate thee for yon release!

I've played a bit, and it's looking pretty solid so far. As a Swede I'm amused by some of the names :)
My only gripe at this point is that the heroine's propensity to grow cold has hampered her exploration of the beautiful surroundings slightly. But maybe I've missed clicking on a big nice fur coat somewhere...

agentbauer

Congratulations for the release, downloading now, and can't wait to play it!
Wonderful Christmas gift :)
Roger Wilco Rules
NEW HOMEPAGE: http://spacequestiv5.pytalhost.at
Space Quest IV.5 Version 3.00 is finally done, check it out:
http://www.bigbluecup.com/yabb/index.php?topic=40735.msg538357;boardseen#new

chaiavi

I wish you would have released the game earlier by 3 months, that way Karen S would have enjoyed seeing this game released.

I know she was part of the graphic design of the game for some time, may her soul rest in peace.

Anyway, I am very happy for the game, and really expect playing it...

Thank you.

Tabata

Congratulations for the release!

Heroines are so coooool!

Mouth for war

Andail är du Svensk??? Det var som fan ;) Looks great this game. Congratulations!!! :D
mass genocide is the most exhausting activity one can engage in, next to soccer

cianty

Whooo! Congrats on the release and thank you!

I am still working on surviving the very first minutes through the cold and hunger.
ca. 70% completed

Corby

Don't forget about the difficulty slider, which can be adjusted for whichever type of gameplay you prefer. :)

Secret Fawful

Hey, Corby, if I beat the game on the hardest difficulty, do I get a Vag of Honor?

voh

Hey, not to be a negative bastard, but can we perhaps get a corresponding winsetup.exe or perhaps whatever settings I need to do to make it do 2x nearest neighbor in fullscreen?

Because when I play this on my home media center (a win7 pc), my TV keeps saying it's not an appropriate resolution (hence why I'm assuming it's trying to set 320x200/240) and that message keeps hovering over the screen :/

EDIT: Fixed it by stealing Gemini Rue's winsetup, renaming the Herione's Quest exe to Gemini Rue.exe and changing the settings. Still, though, 640x480 is probably a better resolution anyhoo? :)
Still here.

Crimson Wizard

Erm, is winsetup missing in this game? :)
@voh, you can run appropriate setup by going into game folder and typing "GameName.exe --setup" in the Explorer address line.

Daniel Eakins

Also by default the game installs in Program Files, so if you're not running on Windows XP make sure you change the directory to somewhere else that doesn't need admin privileges, if you do need to change the settings :)
We all have our time machines, don't we?

Crimson Wizard

Quote from: Daniel Eakins on Thu 26/12/2013 23:28:41
Also by default the game installs in Program Files, so if you're not running on Windows XP make sure you change the directory to somewhere else that doesn't need admin privileges, if you do need to change the settings :)
Duh! :(
I guess AGS should start putting game's config in User Documents or AppData.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk