Heroine's Quest - The Herald Of Ragnarok - Now available on Steam!

Started by Corby, Thu 26/12/2013 00:09:36

Previous topic - Next topic

Thaumaturge

Quote from: Radiant on Thu 30/01/2014 15:41:40
So in other news, we have a release candidate for v1.1 so it's probably going live in a few days. We'll keep you posted.
Ah, that's good to read, thank you. ^_^

Mandle

Firstly....awesome game. In fact, the word "awesome" cannot even begin to covey how great this game is!

Added to this, the fact that it is FREE is absolutely amazing considering the years of work I must assume went into this project (if you got it made in less than a year then my jaw has officially just dropped)...

Just finished it as Rogue but found a bug right at the end after the credits were done:

Spoiler
The screen where is says "One fateful day she is in battle..." the game crashes with a transparency bug concerning a GUI. It said something about "GUI must be set to 100 transparency" or some such...I will go back and replay the ending in a bit and see if it reoccurs...I hope not, as I assume that after this point we get to see the Heroine's final entry into Valhalla...
[close]

Monsieur OUXX

Quote from: Mandle on Sun 02/02/2014 07:30:09
I assume that after this point we get to see the Heroine's final entry into Valhalla...

Actually, no. She enters a fierce battle with the Valkyrie herself. And she wins. The Valkyrie dies in battle, which makes a second Valkyrie arrive to take the first one to Valhalla. Complete mess.

Fizzii

Mandle, were you able to replicate that bug? We haven't come across that crash before.

AprilSkies

I finally finished it as Sorceress. I have been playing for over a month not continuously.
It was a real experience!
There are no word to describe this game. Probably one of the most beautiful games that I've ever played.

This message just to say Thank You to the Whole team.

www.apemarina.altervista.org

Radiant

Update now available

When Heroine's Quest was released in December, it received many positive reactions. As our game was played by many more people than our internal testing team, some issues came to light. We have worked on fixing these, and as the result, version 1.1 of Heroine's Quest is now available. We hope you enjoy this update, and thank you all for your interest and support!

Unfortunately, saved games from v1.0 cannot be used in v1.1, although your completion records can be copied. You'll have to decide whether to complete your game on v1.0 or start from the beginning in v1.1 (or complete your current class in v1.0 and try a different class in v1.1). However, we recommend that you restart if you've made it to Svartalfheim without reclaiming your items from the thieves, or if you've failed too many of the vouches in Munarvagir as a sorceress. These situations may lead to a dead end in v1.0, but they can no longer occur in v1.1. If you have further questions, please ask.

Changes to gameplay:
Spoiler

The control panel now has a button to redefine the keys used for combat.
The game now includes a setup utility that can be used to select window size and toggle fullscreen mode.
Regin will now give Gram only to a warrior heroine, not to a rogue. However, the sorceress can buy daggers now.
You can no longer enter the thieves' lodge by just entering the house and using the sword; that was never the intended solution.
You can no longer advance to Svartalfheim before dealing with the thieves' lodge, because later events assume that you've done this.
Liff will now pay you for extra pieces of willow bark, and Sigrun will pay for varg hides. However, stealing an item and then selling it back to the same character will no longer work.
Brynhild's and Skrymir's dialog about honor has been changed to clarify that bragging or telling tall tales is not considered dishonorable to a viking.
Use the hotkey 'N' to view the notepad, if you're carrying it.
Hints have been added to several puzzles that people indicated having trouble with.
We've done some rebalancing of the training rates of certain skills, as well as the amount of food and money present in the game.
To prevent dead end situations, certain items cannot be placed in a chest or otherwise abandoned, and certain locations cannot be entered while you're missing crucial items. For the same reason, if you lose Regin's chest you can now retrieve it. Conversely, you can no longer use the figurine to teleport out of certain plot events.
And fixes for every bug reported in this forum, including but not limited to the crystal lock glitch, the rogue's final battle without poison, the game hanging when asking Lithrasir for a drink, Lithrasir not following you to the holt, Aurvandel leaving while you're using the telescope, the crash if you throw too many daggers in the same room, giving the chest to Regin if you already have the quest reward, Sigyn leaving the room too fast, the sorceress not getting points for the mirror image, the 'cheater' death message in the lodge, characters being hidden if you skip visiting the jarl, and Heronus disappearing.
[close]

Made cross-class skills more useful:
Spoiler

Animal Ken: can be used to calm dogs and cats when sneaking around.
Herbalism: increased chance of getting two potions from alchemy, and you now get a scroll that lists all ingredients, and you can steal some of these from other alchemists if needed.
Stealth: increased chance of avoiding random encounters, and you can now capture Heronus with very high skill.
Thievery: warrior and sorceress with this skill can find lockpicks in Thrivaldi's cave, and can join the Lodge with only this skill.
Mead of Poetry can now be used to learn an extra skill.
[close]

CaptainD

Have only recently had a chance to play it, and I have to say that it's quite brilliant.  Love the humour too - especially the DOOM SQUIRREL's voicing and the way the old wizard talks.

Daniel Eakins

Very impressive list! Thanks for the hard work 8-)
We all have our time machines, don't we?

Thaumaturge

Wow, that looks like impressive work! Well done, and thank you. ^_^

I'll hopefully download the new version soon.

Hmm... Perhaps it's about time to start in on a Warrior playthrough...

Radiant

Official Sound Track now available

Several people have asked us to make the music from the game available in MP3/OGG format. The OST, consisting of 31 songs, can be downloaded here. Enjoy!

Shadow1000

I found a bug in the end battle.

Spoiler
Cast flame aura. Then cast shadow. Then cast flame again and the game will crash
[close]

SHADOW

DBoyWheeler

I'll download the updated version when I get the chance.

But despite the bugs here and there, good job (hey, even the original QfG series had some bugs, yet players were able to get through--with a few patches, though, but they still love the series).  I hope a sequel is made someday.  I have a few suggestions (and probably a few others here on the forum might have some idears too).

Radiant

Mandle

I'm on my third play-through, this time Warrior...

Quick question to the creators:

Deliberate or coincidental censorship?

Spoiler
When you cut the head off the swamp monster the text window pops up instantly, hiding the decapitation from view. I was just (morbidly) curious if this was done on purpose to cut down on gore? And also: was a gory animation of the decapitation prepared but then cut (no pun) from the game for the same reason?
[close]

m0ds

Bump! Cos you can now get it free on Steam with many achievements and the OST is included too :)

http://store.steampowered.com/app/283880

[embed=480,360] <iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/g_JvDo-Fzlc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe> [/embed]

Thanks Radiant and team and thanks Valve!

Janos Biro

WOW!

Now I have to play from the beginning.

Congratulations!
I'm willing to translate from English to Brazilian Portuguese.

selmiak

great!

Lol, Steam comments
QuoteIt's even made in the famous ASG as all the old games by Sierra are :)
:=

Monsieur OUXX

Quote from: selmiak on Fri 21/03/2014 04:05:24
Lol, Steam comments
QuoteIt's even made in the famous ASG as all the old games by Sierra are :)
:=
Haha! icey_games, we know it's you!

Congrats on the re-release, guys. That trailer is epic and made me want to play again. Also, cool partnership (Screen7+crystal Shards).
High quality all the way, and it's all for us gamers, and it's for free. Isn't life wonderful? :)

Radiant

We'll try to use Greenlight to get more adventure games published on Steam, too. Stay tuned!

deltamatrix

w00t. How did I miss this? Csn't wait to play it tonight via Steam.

Congrats Radiant!
BAD WOLF - TORCHWOOD - MR SAXON - THE BEES ARE DISAPPEARING - PANDORICA - RIVER SONG

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk