Heroine's Quest: The Herald of Ragnarok

Started by noviigrac, Thu 26/12/2013 17:29:15

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadow1000

Quote from: Snarky on Sun 02/02/2014 23:56:50
Quote from: Shadow1000 on Sun 02/02/2014 19:30:02
I've read on the forum that this is possible if you've helped someone but I don't know where that person is or how to help him. If that's no longer possible then I suppose this opportunity is lost.

SHADOW

I'm pretty sure you already have.

Spoiler
Sigurd is the red-bearded innkeeper/mayor of Munarvagir who got knocked out by Thrivaldi the troll. I don't think it's possible to get to Munarvagir without helping him, at least not stay in his inn.
[close]

(And you don't actually need to sign your posts, your name is right next to them.)

I stay in his inn but no free lunch!

Fizzii

Yes, he doesn't prepare free meals if you left Sigurd where he was and went to the village to get help (the heroine would have automatically told Kraka that Sigurd was there).

If you help Sigurd when you find him straight away, then he will provide you with free meals.

Shadow1000

Quote from: Fizzii on Mon 03/02/2014 02:24:14
Yes, he doesn't prepare free meals if you left Sigurd where he was and went to the village to get help (the heroine would have automatically told Kraka that Sigurd was there).

If you help Sigurd when you find him straight away, then he will provide you with free meals.

I just want you to know that this game is awesome and gets more awesome the more I play! Kudos!

jackamo22

I'm not sure if this is a bug or a problem on my part
but PLEASE HELP! This is the best game I've played in years and so this block is painful

Ok here's the problem
SPOILER
SPOILER
SPOILER
Spoiler
The troll has done the kidnapping, I've got rid of the squirrel, taken the wooden sword, then it cuts away to the blacksmith and wife. When it cuts back there is no wooden sword in my inventory. I know I'm supposed to have a wooden sword to show to the wizard but it is not in my inventory. What's wrong?
[close]

thanks in advance

CaptainD

Spoiler
Go to the area you saw in the dream, by the tree with the sword stuck in it - the wooden sword is still there.
[close]

jackamo22

SPOILER

Oh yes I did that, went to the area in the dream (with the sword in the tree) the squirrel was guarding the wooden sword, so I kicked the squirrel, then picked up the sword (reminding my character of when she was child)
Then it cuts away "Meanwhile" to the blacksmith and his wife arguing.
Then it cuts back to the same area but I have no wooden sword in my inventory

Fizzii

Have you scrolled through your inventory using the up and down arrows?

jackamo22

Yes, I even tried emptying my inventory into the Guild chest before going to the tree place.
After the cut-scene my inventory was still empty

Radiant

Fizzii

You can send to me: fizzii_ish@yahoo.com if you don't have a place to upload it.

Saved games are located in C:\Users\<User Name>\Saved Games\Heroine's Quest saved games

jackamo22

I'm in "users" there's no folder marked "username"
KIDDING

Ok it's sent, please let me know when you got it.
Just tried it again, ran to the tree, kicked the squirrel, this time I was actually so relieved that it Still didn't work
I can also send you screenshots

Thanks for you help

CaptainD

Your copy has been hacked by animal rights campaigners, who saw you kick the poor helpless little squirrel OF DOOM and decided you had no right to a reward such as a wooden sword.

jackamo22

You know CaptainD, I'm so paranoid about that stuff, I just read the first part of your message and my heart went into my throat!!!
ohmygod ohmygod ohmygod was it a hacked copy? Did I download the game from the wrong site?? Are crystal shard secret pirates?? ohmygod ohmygod
Calmed down, Oh....a joke..........

Don't even joke about that stuff man, too soon, too soon

CaptainD

Quote from: jackamo22 on Wed 05/02/2014 21:10:15
Don't even joke about that stuff man, too soon, too soon

Sorry man, the loss of your wooden sword has obviously affected you more deeply than I realised!! (roll)

Radiant

Quote from: jackamo22 on Wed 05/02/2014 19:11:41The troll has done the kidnapping, I've got rid of the squirrel, taken the wooden sword, then it cuts away to the blacksmith and wife. When it cuts back there is no wooden sword in my inventory. I know I'm supposed to have a wooden sword to show to the wizard but it is not in my inventory. What's wrong?

Press the "up" button in your inventory and you'll see the sword.

jackamo22

Hi Radiant

I'm not sure I understand. Do you mean the way the inventory panel becomes 2 when you get more stuff?  (and you move between the two with the arrows) 

As I said above, after about the 5th time this happened, I emptied out all of my inventory into the chest and went to the tree empty handed. There was still nothing there after the cutscene. So surely there wouldn't be anywhere for the arrow to go, right?

EDITED TO ADD: You're right, problem solved. I'm so sorry.
Even though I had nothing in my inventory, I still had to 'click' on the arrow to make the wooden sword 'appear',
I never thought of that, because I thought my inventory was empty

Thank you

Shadow1000

Ok, I seem to be at a deadend here so I'm going to ask my questions and hopefully I'll be able to continue:

I'm playing as sorceress.

Spoiler
I'm at the point that I require 4 people to vouch in each city.

- It seems that I need the flowers in the other world. The person there wants me to find some guy (I suppose in exchange for the flowers). I have absolutely no idea where he is. I went to every room on both maps and no luck.
- I need the fish to catch the librarian's cat. I saw in the hints here that you need to use the blessing. I've done that repeatedly and it keeps telling me to come back tomorrow.
- Snorri tells me to meet him at the archery area. I don't have a bow or arrows or anything. I tried using my magic dart because I'm a sorceress but nothing. What am I supposed to do to impress him?
- One of the quests is to kill the haugbui at the entrance. I've done that 10 times but that doesn't get me anywhere or any new dialogue options with the wizard. What am I missing?
- How do I get a fox?
- I have 8 tinderboxes and 5 pickaxes. Can I sell them or do anything with them?
- I knocked down one of the frost flowers but get killed when I pick it up. What can I use for this?
[close]

Thank you

SHADOW

Snarky

Alviss:
Quote from: Shadow1000 on Sun 09/02/2014 02:10:45
Spoiler
- It seems that I need the flowers in the other world. The person there wants me to find some guy (I suppose in exchange for the flowers). I have absolutely no idea where he is. I went to every room on both maps and no luck.
[close]
Spoiler
If you speak to the Valkyrie, you may get a hint.
Spoiler
What happens to svartalfar if they go out during the day?
Spoiler
Alviss has been petrified. Look for a stone formation that might be him.
Spoiler
It's on the eastern edge of the map, where you got the herbs.
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]

Fish:
Spoiler
- I need the fish to catch the librarian's cat. I saw in the hints here that you need to use the blessing. I've done that repeatedly and it keeps telling me to come back tomorrow.
[close]
Spoiler
I think you can only fish once per day. Did you try actually following the instructions and coming back tomorrow?
[close]

Archery:
Spoiler
- Snorri tells me to meet him at the archery area. I don't have a bow or arrows or anything. I tried using my magic dart because I'm a sorceress but nothing. What am I supposed to do to impress him?
[close]
Spoiler
Don't worry about bow & arrows, you can just borrow Snorri's.
[close]

Haugbui:
Spoiler
- One of the quests is to kill the haugbui at the entrance. I've done that 10 times but that doesn't get me anywhere or any new dialogue options with the wizard. What am I missing?
[close]
Spoiler
What's the problem with the undead? They don't stay dead!
Spoiler
Try to do your research.
Spoiler
Read the book in the adventurers' guild, and talk to Aurvandil and anyone else who might know.
Spoiler
You should have learned that you need to burn the body and scatter the ashes to the wind.
Spoiler
Right after you defeat the haugbui, go to the graveyard (or use Aurvandil's telescope to spy on it).
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]

Fox:
Spoiler
- How do I get a fox?
[close]

Spoiler
There's a foxhole in a tree north-northeast of Munarvagir, but getting a fox out of its hole is not easy.
Spoiler
Better to look for one that's already out of its hole.
Spoiler
A fox pup will occasionally show up at the archery place.
[close]
[close]
[close]

Spare Equipment:
Spoiler
I have 8 tinderboxes and 5 pickaxes. Can I sell them or do anything with them?
[close]
Spoiler
You can trade one of them to Eitri. There's no particular use for the others, I think.
[close]

Frost flower:
Spoiler
- I knocked down one of the frost flowers but get killed when I pick it up. What can I use for this?
[close]
Spoiler
How do you usually defend against the cold?
Spoiler
... as a sorceress?
Spoiler
Use Flame Aura.
[close]
[close]
[close]

Monsieur OUXX

As a sorceress :

How to get the cat:
Spoiler

There are two solutions to get fish
1) [I haven't done that myself so I don't know if it really works] use the fishnet on the lake's hole in the ice, after using Blessing. You'll catch a fish
2) (the easier one) Go into the watch tower on the frozen lake's shore (you'll need the teleportation spell first) and take a fish in the barrel.
[close]

How to get the flowers:
Spoiler

The flowers are owned by one the Elves in Svartalfheim. He has them on display, or tells you in a dialog that he owns them (I don't remember).

Spoiler

They are owned by the Svartalf who loves human trinkets. He will exchange them for some totally common human tool - the pick, if I recall properly.
[close]
[close]

How to do archery with Snorri:
Spoiler

Just talk to him, and use the corresponding dialog choice. I won't detail here how to win, though -- it's been explained before. It's a combination of two things.
[close]

To kill the haugbui:
Spoiler

Talk to everyone about haugbui, and read everything you can about that creature (specifically, there's that book in two locations in the game -- I believe in the wizard's lab and in the library, or something)
You will learn how to kill a haugbui "for real". Killing the spector is not enough, he will re-appear every night.
[close]

To get the fox
Spoiler

You can't get the fox but you can get some fox hair :
Here is a semi-detailed solution -- i left the interesting details out.
1) find the fox's lair
2) scare the fox so that it runs out
3) hit it in the proper fashion
[close]

What to do with extra tinderboxes and picks
Spoiler

I can't remember if you can sell them, but you should try giving them to the character who normally sells them (if I recall, the pick is on sale in the blacksmith's workshop, and the tinder is on sale in the grocery shop? I'm not sure anymore). It's worth a try!
[close]

How to pick up a frost flower once it's knocked off the flowers patch:
Spoiler

You can't touch them because they will freeze you. You need to warm it up. Don't you have a spell that does exactly that? It was too weak to use on the whole patch (as explained by the narrator), but it should work on a single flower.
[close]

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk