Heroine's Quest: The Herald of Ragnarok

Started by noviigrac, Thu 26/12/2013 17:29:15

Previous topic - Next topic

Daniel Eakins

Not a question, just a random remark: for some reason, everyone (except Hervor, Heime, and some guards) hates me and I don't even know why :confused:
We all have our time machines, don't we?

Khris

Daniel:
Spoiler
I read that's because of the cursed ring you got. Give it to Heime to get rid of it.
[close]

Daniel Eakins

Quote from: Khris on Sun 29/12/2013 12:23:19
Daniel:
Spoiler
I read that's because of the cursed ring you got. Give it to Heime to get rid of it.
[close]
Thanks!

LTGiants2000

I've got a question in the spoilers below for anyone who has made some progress in the game as the Wizard class.

Spoiler
Aurvandel posted a request to kill the Haugbui in front of the gates. I went out at night, fought it and killed it. Then I came back and it was there again! I killed it 2 or 3 times and eventually it didn't come back (I wandered around the forest a bit before returning to the castle). Now there is no option to "turn in" this quest? No dialogue option with Aurvandel about me having slain the Haugbui. How do I claim my reward??
[close]

Forget the above, I posted in the Crystal Shard forum and got an answer, thx. Feel free to remove this post if possible mods.

Daniel Eakins

Quote from: Khris on Sat 28/12/2013 19:37:41
Some general questions:

Spoiler
1. Is it possible to sell stuff to the merchants to get some additional money? I have four pelts, and I got a message about "you wouldn't want to wear them in their current condition, you'd smell like a varg". Can I process them? Or sell them? Sell something else?

2. I haven't tried it yet, but are the chests "synced"? Meaning if I stored something in one inn's chest, can I retrieve it from another inn's?

3. How can I repair the golden sword and what's its use?
[close]
Spoiler
1. You must use the Daggers from Volund on them to process them. I'm not sure if having several increases the effect.

2. I've just tried. They are not.

3. Volund can repair it, but he needs corals for that. You can get corals by using a Picking Tool near the lake in Svartalfheim. I'm still trying to see what its use is (Fafnir doesn't want it :undecided: ).
[close]

Khris

Thanks, very helpful!

LTGiants2000:
Sounds like a bug, and there seem to be a good deal more (spoilers).
Version 1.1 was already announced I believe.

LTGiants2000

Quote from: Khris on Sun 29/12/2013 19:41:49
Thanks, very helpful!

LTGiants2000:
Sounds like a bug, and there seem to be a good deal more (spoilers).
Version 1.1 was already announced I believe.

Thanks Khris, someone was saying there is more to the puzzle though, after I complete it if it's still respawning then I'll know it's a glitch. Apparently fighting him does not "kill" him.

Khris

Yeah, you're right. Not a bug :)

I restarted as a rogue and have a small problem:
Spoiler
Upon entering the thieves' lodge, what do I do in order to not get stabbed to death? I didn't find a way to do a thief sign, and using an inventory item seems impossible?
[close]

sthomannch

Khris
Spoiler

read the dialog carefully after your heroine died
[close]
Spoiler

use the hand cursor on the heroine as soon as she is caught in the net
[close]
Spoiler

if you have enough points in the stat sheet, you will have no problem to win the fight that will start automatically
[close]

Khris

Thanks, I was able to do that as a warrior.
The problem is,
Spoiler
as a rogue, the sequence is different. As a warrior, you can act after you're getting caught in the rope, and simply break free. As a rogue though, I can only act before, and once I'm tangled I automatically die.
[close]

noviigrac

Khris

Spoiler
use the acrobatic jump rogue ability and avoid the rope
[close]

Khris

Daniel Eakins

A heads-up for everyone: when you have to go to the final castle in the final chapter, make sure you've done everything you wanted to do in the second world, because the entrance to that world is blocked once you've passed this point of no return (you can still explore the forest and towns, but not the second world).

noviigrac

Im stuck at the part with me and my alter ego (sorceress) and I dont know what to do in the few seconds that i have before we both vanish

Cogliostro

(Playing as sorceress)  How do I activate the circle of stones to get into Svartalfheim?  I can turn on all of the standing stones, but then... nothing.  Apparently I was supposed to talk to the librarian, but the book is checked out and I cannot find out by whom.  Neither can I solve his riddle.  (Yes, I translated it.) 

Any suggestions?

- Cogliostro
"First things first, but not necessarily in that order." - Dr. Who

LTGiants2000

Quote from: Cogliostro on Mon 30/12/2013 22:55:55
(Playing as sorceress)  How do I activate the circle of stones to get into Svartalfheim?  I can turn on all of the standing stones, but then... nothing.  Apparently I was supposed to talk to the librarian, but the book is checked out and I cannot find out by whom.  Neither can I solve his riddle.  (Yes, I translated it.) 

Any suggestions?

- Cogliostro

I also need help with this....I'm a mage and I'm stuck. Do I "touch" them? Cast a spell? The Librian says to "walk clockwise" but how does that activate them?

Khris

Cogliostro:
Stone circle (haven't played as magic user yet, take with pinch of salt):
Spoiler
You need something you can buy at the tavern.
Spoiler
Ask the guard captian in Forsigtuna about the circle.
Spoiler
After all stones are turned on, pour mead on the ground
[close]
[close]
[close]
Library:
Spoiler
The book teaches you a fighting move. In order to "decrypt" the message, use it on various parts of the library. The first should be the top of the left shelves on the ground floor.
[close]

LTGiants2000:
Spoiler
Walking clockwise prevents them from "turning off", even if you tap them in the right order.
[close]

LTGiants2000

@Khris
Spoiler
but how do you activate them? When I use the hand icon, it just says they are "cold"[\hide]
[close]

Khris

LTGiants2000:
Spoiler
One of them should turn on (it was the 3rd from the left I believe). I don't know if the game lets you do this before you're supposed to though. Did you get the Find Heime quest? Did you learn about the stone circle in the game?
Maybe it is different for the magic user, I haven't played as one yet.
[close]

LTGiants2000

Quote from: Khris on Mon 30/12/2013 23:35:42
LTGiants2000:
Spoiler
One of them should turn on (it was the 3rd from the left I believe). I don't know if the game lets you do this before you're supposed to though. Did you get the Find Heime quest? Did you learn about the stone circle in the game?
Maybe it is different for the magic user, I haven't played as one yet.
[close]

Yea the 3rd one says it's warm to the touch. But then what?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk