AGS Awards 2013! - Wieners (and winners)

Started by , Tue 31/12/2013 22:58:06

Previous topic - Next topic

AprilSkies

I felt like Di Caprio at the Oscar Ceremony :~(
Ahahahah (laugh)

www.apemarina.altervista.org

bicilotti

Quote from: AprilSkies on Mon 10/03/2014 16:57:08
I felt like Di Caprio at the Oscar Ceremony :~(
Ahahahah (laugh)

Being nominated is a recognition to be very proud of, for every movie/actor/game/developer!
Keep making great games April!

CaptainD

I felt bad for AprilSkies not getting a win, but the competition was so strong.  Any of the nominees for Best Background Art would have been worthy winners.

I was also pleased to see Gribbler's Bum get Best Playable Character.

Congrats to all winners AND nominees - but especially to Crystal Shard.

AprilSkies

Yeah bici.
I consider it a real honor. I'm sincerely very happy for that.
Just making fun of myself (laugh)
... and my new game will be soon on the "games in production" thread :tongue:

(and thanx Captain  :-[)

www.apemarina.altervista.org

Gribbler

Quote from: AprilSkiesI felt like Di Caprio at the Oscar Ceremony
Before the Ceremony I was predicting in this thread I'm gonna go and pull a DiCaprio at the Awards. So you swept it right from under my nose! You! :)

Quote from: AprilSkiesand my new game will be soon on the "games in production" thread
I'm also working on a game but it's too soon for "games in production" thread. It might take a while as I'm still coping with fatherhood and fighting for more free time. One thing is certain, I'm taking a break with comedy and this time gonna try something more serious...

Tabata

Quote from: Soxbrooker on Mon 10/03/2014 14:40:04
Here is the link to the video I took from last night!...
You are the best - thanks alot!

I enjoyed the ceremony very much!
It's been silly, funny and with lots of familiar people around
... and even an extra step for the little ones at the mic  :grin:

to all the winners!

Volcan

I watched a video of this ceremony.

I'm happy I did not come to this ceremony. lesbians jokes are lame and ruin everything. I hope the next one will be better.

Congratulations for all winners.

Janos Biro

Yeah, I hope the next one will be much better. Let's make jokes about lesbian nuns!
I'm willing to translate from English to Brazilian Portuguese.

Wyz

I want to thank everyone that attended the ceremony (so not myself unfortunately :(), Soxbrooker for recording it (thank you thank you thank you!), all the nominees and winners of the various categories: Radiant and his team for (almost as impressively as Vince) sweeping the show but luckily still leaving some awards for other developers (such a good sportsmanship!), Crimson Wizard for his innovations (yes there wasn't any doubt there), and a special thank to Ponch who is finally undicaprioed after making me cringe a couple of times the last few awards (you deserve it!) and of course the awards team: Don Bicilotti for hosting the damn thing, and Duals for updating the client despite getting no help from me this year (count half of those crashes to me), and lastly anyone who I forgot but probably will ninja-edit in there pretending nothing happened!
Life is like an adventure without the pixel hunts.

Calypso

I also want to congratulate not only to all the winners, but to all the nominees as well. Being nominated is a great accomplishment by itself. Good job, everyone!
Chaos is just patterns we haven't recognized.

kconan

Just noticed that my comments were branched off into in the other thread, so again congratulations to AGS Lifetime Achievement Award Winner Ponch, and everyone who took home an award!  I recall being jaw droppingly impressed with The Art of Dying the first time I fired it up, and it is probably my favorite AGS non-adventure game.  Also, additional congrats to anyone who made it far enough to even have a game nominated. Good times were had playing the entries!

Monsieur OUXX

We should create a "game with the least awards" award.
Just to make sure Crystal Shard doesn't get all the awards each time they release a game. :D

bicilotti

Quote from: Monsieur OUXX on Tue 11/03/2014 12:39:09
We should create a "game with the least awards" award.
Just to make sure Crystal Shard doesn't get all the awards each time they release a game. :D

I *think* only a couple of games manages to pull that (winning every award for which they were nominated :P)

AGA

This page shows the games with the most nominations and (further up) those with most awards.  An easy comparison could be made to work out the biggest non winners.

Very clearly 11 nominations for 'A Second Face - The Eye of Geltz is watching Us':

Nominated, Best Gameplay 2008
Nominated, Best Dialogue Writing 2008
Nominated, Best Puzzles 2008
Nominated, Best Player Character 2008
Nominated, Best Character Art 2008
Nominated, Best Animation 2008
Nominated, Best Programming in an Adventure 2008
Nominated, Best Sound Effects 2008
Nominated, Best Music 2008
Nominated, Best Tutorial or Documentation 2008
Nominated, Best Voice Work 2008

(and won three others)

bicilotti

Quote from: AGA on Tue 11/03/2014 13:57:38
This page shows the games with the most nominations and (further up) those with most awards.  An easy comparison could be made to work out the biggest non winners.

Interesting stats. And since we are here, this year the whole weightlifting for the Awards (page setup, voting time, banners, db updating) has been incredibly smooth (as usual) and... almost 100% fully-automated. I am the only one who can directly experience this it, and it's a blast! Big kudos AGA!

Vince Twelve

Huge congratulations to all the winners and nominees, especially the Crystal Shard team and Ponch!  Well deserved wins and nominations all around!

SSH

Dear ponch I hate you for getting the lifetime award that I never got. Barn runner is obviously inferior to the Princess Marian saga!

Also, congratulations.

LimpingFish

Due to me being in and out of hospital over the last two weeks, I missed awards night. Sorry, bici. :~(

But congrats on another fine ceremony, and congrats to all those lovely wieners!
Steam: LimpingFish
PSN: LFishRoller
XB: TheActualLimpingFish
Spotify: LimpingFish

m0ds

Bump. To say this thread is now un-stickied and so will reside on pages past. Congrats to the weiners! wieners? winners :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk