Ponderabilia Tips & Tricks

Started by moloko, Sun 05/01/2014 16:02:10

Previous topic - Next topic

moloko

So, you've decided to play Ponderabilia. Good for you! As the first players are grinding their way to make it to the finish first, I thought I'd provide everyone with some background. Feel free to browse this section for specific questions and answers to puzzles. I will complete it when the first player has completed it, so as not to spoil the race. Feel free to PM me with your own particular entanglements!

*Who am I?
Spoiler
Your name is Nikee, you're a colored girl of unknown age, and for some reason your body feels...awkward and new to you. Amazingly, you can put your finger right through your hand without blood or pain.
[close]

*Where am I?
Spoiler
That's up to you to find out.
[close]

*What's the point of Ponderabilia?
Spoiler
Finding out where you are, who you are and what the frak you're supposed to do.
[close]

*Who's Steve?
Spoiler
Steve is very important to you, and holds the answer to every question. If you manage to talk to Steve, you win the game. Only the Shaman can arrange the two of you meeting.
[close]

*What do I do with an oscillator?
Spoiler
It vibrates. That may come in handy once you need to build a pleasure device. Of course, it's pretty barebones without a shaft of some sort…
[close]

*What does the “P” above the door stand for?
Spoiler
Perceptions. This part of the locale is devoted entirely to perceived sensory impulses.
[close]

*What does the “LE” above the door stand for?
Spoiler
Locality exploration. It's what you need to find your way around.
[close]

*How do I talk to the brainbros?
Spoiler
You noticed how something's lacking in the head department. Maybe you ought to find a replacement.
[close]

*I'd like to talk to the robot, but I can't. What am I missing?
Spoiler
The robot is just an empty computer. You need to find some personality to put in. There's probably some personality lying around stored on a harddrive or something.
[close]

*I found my way to the house, but I'm stuck now.
Spoiler
Did you give looking at the couch a shot?
[close]

*Who is Ankou?
Spoiler
In Celtic mythology, Ankou is a figure who drives around a cart full of stones. Each stone represents a dead person he visited. The Ankou you meet in Ponderabilia has evolved, and only carries pebbles.
[close]

*Seriously, I can't fix that drink Ankou keeps talking about!
Spoiler
Have you tried the Bartender's Black book? It's full of interesting recipes. Steve kept it over near the brainbros.
[close]

*How the fridge do I get to the attic
Spoiler
I'm not telling you. That's the easiest puzzle in the game.
[close]

*OK, I found the attic (no thanks to you) and I'm stuck at Steve's self-defense mechanism. Now what?
Spoiler
All mechanicals have a control panel. Some even have a remote.
[close]

*Why can't I take the weapons in the weapon room?
Spoiler
Because I didn't feel like animating each and every one of them. You may want to use the remote again for a big surprise, tho.
[close]

*I found my way to Syph, but he tells me I'm missing the skills
Spoiler
I'm sure the brainbros could help you out. One of them is quite skilled indeed.
[close]

*I found my way to Syph, but I'm unprotected
Spoiler
Think about protected sex. Then think about unprotected sex with the vilest, most disgusting creature.
[close]

*I found my way to Syph, but I'm missing the tool
Spoiler
Maybe you ought to make one yourself? There ought to be some stuff in Tesla's lab you could use.
[close]

*I'm trying to convince Syph, but he keeps kicking me out of bed.
Spoiler
That's because you're not listening to what your Master told you. Remember: One Sole Job, the Australian Queen, the Sister Anna and finally the Floating Sieve.
[close]

*What is One Sole Job?
Spoiler
A sexual technique with pedal excitation.
[close]

*What is the Australian Queen?
Spoiler
Much like a regular Queen, but upside down.
[close]

*What is the Sister Anna?
Spoiler
Remember Bluebeard? Sister Anna was the one keeping watch from the tower.
[close]

*What is the Floating Sieve?
Spoiler
Why does a sieve sink? Because it's full of holes. Now multiply by the airspeed velocity of an unladen African swallow.
[close]

These are the first hints. More to show up soon. Feel free to ask me your own questions!

noviigrac

could you please clarify how to make the "tool"?

moloko

Of course! This is a puzzle, so obviously the below is a spoiler no hardcore player would want to view. That, and maybe a tip to spice up your bedroom?

How to make the most perverted tool known to man?
Spoiler
In order to please the extremely hard to please Syph you need to go all out. Where as a regular dildo popping up at an unexpected time would work for a normal person, not so for Syph. You need to think more extreme. Let's start off with the simplest of pleasuring devices. A vibrator. You're carrying around the oscillating device you found over in Tesla's lab, which has a pleasant buzzing going on once activated. That will do nicely for the handle. That said, you need the actual silicone sleeve for the top, and there's no such sleeve in the game. We're not trying to create an ordinary vibrator, we're creating one that will stimulate all orifices at once, preferably with a most degenerate touch. So where do we find this multi-pronged flexible rubbery debauchery? When you descended into the basement, you undoubtedly came upon a sarcophagus. After some one-sided conversation with the no-faced girl inside, you come away with her right hand. It's filthy, it's obscene, it's got five ends that bend and it will fit nicely on your oscillating device. Et voila.
[close]

noviigrac

Thank you for that most elaborate spoiler that i, being a hardcore player, will not use :wink:

moloko

I'm wondering if it would make sense to make a walkthrough of the game? Right now, I have no idea which puzzles are deemed too easy, just right or way too hard or annoying.

Monsieur OUXX

Quote from: moloko on Sun 05/01/2014 16:02:10
*I found my way to Syph, but he tells me I'm missing the skills
Spoiler
I'm sure the brainbros could help you out. One of them is quite skilled indeed.
[close]

Spoiler

I've placed a brain into the brainbros, and our pal Nietzsche tells me he'll teach me everything he taught Juliette if it's needed. I'm not sure that he's talking about sexual lessons, but if he is, then TEACH ME ALREADY. I have met Syph, so I'm in need of those lessons.
I have suspected that I would maybe need to talk to the other brainbro, but I can't seem to find a way to swap brains or something. I can only speak to the left-hand-side brainbro.
[close]

About the Attic :
Spoiler

I have no idea what's the attic. the attic of what? Are we talking about the weird sculpture at the top of the house? Or is there something to do with the elevator to keep going up? (I've read about that "short-circuited button" but I have no idea how to do that).
[close]

About the hole in the wooden floor :
Spoiler

Is there anything to do there?
[close]

moloko

Are you sure you're fully prepared? What is Syph telling you? Do you have the other requirements you need?

Spoiler
Do you have protection? And the needed tool?
[close]

About the attic:
Spoiler
there's a wooden attic, accessible through the house, but it's hidden. Try the bedroom if you're truly stuck.
[close]

About the hole in the wooden floor:
Spoiler
That's completely useless.
[close]

Monsieur OUXX

Quote from: moloko on Mon 06/01/2014 15:37:05
Do you have the other requirements you need?
Spoiler
Do you have protection? And the needed tool?
[close]

Well, the thing is that there's no way to tell if one is fully prepared, because *I* imagine I'm fully prepared, but I don't know how the puzzle is designed:
- Do I just need to come with the items (one by one) and show them to Syph in the right order? (showing him the Kama sutra seems to hint at that: first you need to show you have the skills, then you'll show him about the two remaining things)
OR
- Do I need to be 100% fully prepared and everything will be "unlocked" at once?

Spoiler

Tools: At first I thought using the oscillator as a vibrator was enough until I randomly compbined it with that-other-object, but there was no way of knowing in advance.
Protection: I would think the pot of latex was enough, but apparently not (just covering your entire body with latex is quite protective!).
Skills: The Kama Sutra gets rejected, so my understanding is that the "skills" have to be looked for somewhere else and there's no need to come back to Syph until I have found someone/something to give me the skills.
[close]

EDIT: my bad, I didn't notice that the second mental checklist int he dialog with Syph is evolving depending on the items we carry. It's quite clear what points are ready and what other points are not. Maybe you should alternate between the first checklist (abstract requirements) and the second checklist (what is actually ready) each time the player talks to Syph. Or not use the words "mental list" twice, to diffrentiate the two halves of dialog better.

moloko

Hey Monsieur OUXX,

This is the list Syph is checking you off against:

Tools:
Spoiler
Tools: The oscillator as a vibrator is not enough. It's a start, but you need to make into something more depraved. I'll hint towards that in the upcoming version. Apparently you found it at random.
[close]
Skills:
Spoiler
One of the brain bros is quite versed in the skills required for Syph. Quite frankly, Citoyen, the newly installed brain is that of De Sade. If anyone can teach you, that's him.
[close]
Protection:
Spoiler
You're on the right track with the latex. Covering yourself will do it, but you can't get coated completely by hand. You'll have to find a way to apply a layer.
[close]

noviigrac

moloko, give us the next set of hints, im stuck after "conquering" Syph, went trough the meat grinder and dont know what to do next

Monsieur OUXX

Quote from: moloko on Mon 06/01/2014 17:55:43
Citoyen, the newly installed brain is that of De Sade.

Yeah I got that from the name "Juliette" (even though his name is also written on the glass jar I believe) and I found it utterly cool. Not to mention the "couille" cursing. Not everyday can you read that in a video game :D

moloko

Noviigrac:

These should help you out:
Spoiler
You need the pointer in your inventory. It ought to be there after visiting the Shaman. Then you need to have access to the upper floor. Do you see a white button in the elevator? If not, that floor isn't powered yet, and you need to fix the electricity still. In case you haven't found the electric closet yet: look in front of the blue house
[close]

Depending on what you found yourself this may be too much or too little help. Kind of hard to make out. Either way, do note the points where you get unbelievably stuck, and I'll provide hints in the upcoming version to keep the pace going.

Monsieur OUXX

About the latex
Spoiler

OK I must totally be misunderstanding something. I believe I've tried the latex on every single object in the entire game (except the attic, I haven't found a way to go there) but I don't understand how to make some sort of catsuit (I suppose that's what must be done, since I can't apply it directly onto myself). I even tried to use the latex onto the body-shaped object in the robot room, and onto the hand-shaped object.
[close]

EDIT: the electric room's ladder definitely falls into the cursed category of PIXEL HUNTING! :D Not good. Not good at all.

moloko

About the latex:
Spoiler
Have you tried the bathroom in the House?
[close]

Monsieur OUXX

Quote from: moloko on Mon 06/01/2014 21:07:03
About the latex:
Spoiler
Have you tried the bathroom in the House?
[close]

I didn't see that rom at all. I thought that was a different shade of blue on the wall. Because the door to the rooftop is surronded with orange wood it can be naturally identified, but not the "door" to the bathroom. :'(

Simple yes/no questions (now i'm so scared of pixel-hunting)
Spoiler

1. Is "the attic" the room with the "bugs" and Nikee's portrait?
2. Does one need to solve a puzzle to go to the weapons room, or is it a room that you can access by just walking through a door I would have missed?
3. Same question about the room with "the shaman". Is it just a semi-hidden door?
[close]

Shadow1000

Where do you find the latex?

Thank you

SHADOW

Monsieur OUXX

Quote from: Shadow1000 on Mon 06/01/2014 23:30:01
Where do you find the latex?

You need to access the rooftop of the blue house.

------------------- ANTI "PIXEL-HUNT" TIPS -------------------

Those will be obvious for some, not so obvious for others.

Spoiler
[close]

moloko

You will all be glad to know the areas you're referring to are areas I had already made clearer because my SO was complaining, so you're looking at the easy version. :) So in regards to your questions:

Where to find the latex?
Spoiler
There's an altar devoted to Steve's MDMA trip. It can be accessed from the upper floor of the blue house (It's white and ornamental, with carved rabbits. It's not a puzzle: just the second door on the left.
[close]

Where is the attic?
Spoiler
The attic is part of Steve's Semi Intellectual Sentiments (that would just be the blue house), and it can be accessed from the bedroom (the room with the bed, broken television and the Duchamp painting on the wall.). There is a puzzle to it, but it's not a hard one, and you don't need anything outside the room. The attic is made of wood, and quite a lot players already found it, so you should be able to locate it. The attic has the weapons room, btw.
[close]

Where is the Shaman?
Spoiler
The Shaman is hiding in Steve's subconscious, which is not a "physical" plane, and cannot be accessed through a door. In order to see the Shaman, you'll need Syph's help, a way to shed your body and a backup. It's not an easy puzzle, but it's the one that concludes the game, and several people already solved it.
[close]

Monsieur OUXX

Quote from: moloko on Tue 07/01/2014 07:21:42
You will all be glad to know the areas you're referring to have already been made clearer
Well, I suggest you at least make the two doors consistent by adding a brown frame around them. They just look like a different shading of the wall. Also, the hole to the electric room is unfair because it's the third hole in this floor and the two others are not clickable, so why would this one be different?

WALKTHROUGH

Sections in gray are optional.
This walkthrough doesn't necessarily give you the highest score.

Waking up
Spoiler

You're in a room with a couch: the STARTING ROOM

LOOK AT couch : now you know that a pillow is shifted
USE couch : you get a BUS TICKET
TALK TO pit : Nikee calls for her mother into a bottomless pit; this is your very first clue that this will be a game about memories, (sub)consciousness and inner exploration.
LOOK AT "LE", then LOOK AT "P" (above the doors) : more clues that this world is metaphorical; you don't immediately get what the letters mean, but they point out to some sort of weird organization in this place.

GO left through the "LE" door.
You're now in the room with two dead guys and their explosed brains: the BRAINBROS ROOM
USE right door of the cabinet (the right-hand-side piece of furniture) : you learn two things about tha Bodymapper: 1) it's self-powered, 2) if it's obstructed there is a self-cleaning feature
USE left door of the cabinet : nothing
USE upper part of the cabinet (shelves) : nothing

USE upper-left part of the cabinet : you get the BARTENDER's BLACK BOOK
USE bottom drawer : nothing
USE middle drawer of the writing desk : you find a note. You learn that N. Tesla conducted some experiment to connect the two dead brothers' brains. This teaches you that there must be things to do with brains and consciousness transfer.
USE top drawer: you get a REMOTE CONTROLLER

Exit to the left: you enter a room with a red door and a wooden floor, the RED DOOR ROOM
USE hole in the floor. nothing

USE door. you enter a room with a lot of junk, the STORAGE ROOM
USE box: the robot gets shown
USE robot: you learn that there is a cartridge slot in the robot.

Go back to RED DOOR ROOM
Exit left. You enter a room with a fridge and a big machine: the BODYMAPPER ROOM

USE frigde : brains!
USE left-hand jar: you get the BRAIN (this is the brain of Donatien A.F., better known as Marquis De Sade).
USE bodymapper : you get a TESLA CARTRIDGE. You understand from your earlier reading about the bodymapper's features in the manual that it probably contains Tesla's spirit. You need to find a body to host it.
USE bodymapper: you see there is a dead body inside. You read earlier in the manual that there is a self-cleaning feature.
USE bodymapper's green screen: the bodymapper is now clean (it will be needed later).

exit the room to the right. You're now in the RED DOOR ROOM.
exit to the north: you're now in the STORAGE ROOM

USE TESLA CARTIDGE ON ROBOT : the robot comes to life.
TALK TO robot : you learn more about Tesla's experiments. He doesn't know he's dead ;) He's surprised that the brothers' brains exploded. More importantly, you learn that the exit can be reached by climbing down the dumbwaiter int eh laboratory, but you'll need to find a pass first. It's supposed to be in his former-self pants.

exit to the south: you are in the RED DOOR ROOM
exit to the east: you are in the BRAINBROS ROOM

USE BRAIN ON BRAINBROS : it fits
TALK TO brainbros : De Sade comes to life in Nietzsche's body and curses a lot ;) You learnt hat he can teach you many dirty things like he did to his semi-fictional character Juliette.

exit South to STARTING ROOM
exit West through "P" door

You are now in the FISHTANK ROOM

USE Sipwell: you drink a cup of water
USE tank: you get the FISH. That fish can talk and knows a lot about all the places you will visit. It is a handy advisor that you can carry around ;) Just use it on most objects to receive his knowledge.

exit West

You are now in a room with a lot of apparatus : the LABORATORY
USE table; you get the OSCILLATOR
USE library: you get the KAMA SUTRA
USE coil : zap! ;)
[close]

The elevator
Spoiler

You start off in the LABORATORY

USE chain: you climb down

you are now in a room with a gateway like in the subway or bus station: the GATEWAY ROOM
LOOK AT gateway: you learn that you need a pass (as predicted by Tesla)
USE BUS TICKET ON GATEWAY : it opens!

exit West
you are now in a room with a red carpet and loose wallpaper : the ELEVATOR ROOM

USE elevator : you see the floor-selection screen. You're currently on the middle-floor. Go to the lower floor (greenish button)

You are now in a gray room with a creepy sarcophagus that looks like it came straight of the mind of Giger: the SARCOPHAGUS ROOM
LOOK AT sarcophagus: creepy
LOOK AT handprints on the wall : super creepy
LOOK AT scribblings on the wall : super duper creepy!

USE SARCOPHAGUS : Nikee won't touch it.
repeat : USE SARCOPHAGUS again: Nikee still refuses to touch, but with a different message. What does that tell you in a point n' click? Just keep repeatign until something new happens.
USE SARCOPHAGUS, USE SARCOPHAGUS: Nikee opens and finds a dead kid with no face and his body entirely pierced by the iron maiden. Yuck!
USE dead kid : Nikee starting poking it (hilarious description) and ends up with the KID'S ARM in her inventory.

USE ladder down
You are now in a disgusting SEWER with a pond in the middle : the SEWERS
USE the little ladder to reach the lower part of the room
USE the right-hand-side shaft

You are now in a narrow passage: just crawl to the exit on the right.
You are now in a room with a naked guy on a bed. This is SYPH.

USE bed : you're being told that you can't look under the bed until you're remove Syph from it.
TALK TO Syph : you learn that he can give you tips on how to progress in your journey, but only if you give him amazing, never-seen-before sex.
TALK TO Syph: you learn what's needed to have sex with him : 1) Skills, 2) Protection, 3) An indecent sextoy. Notice how the second part of the dialog (starting off with "you make a mental checklist" will change as you collect the things that are needed to get ready. For now, it tells you that you lack the skills and the protection and the tools.
USE kamasutra ON Syph : you learn that even the Kama sutra is not enough for this twisted guy.
Open your inventory and LOOK AT oscillator. It "wobbles in a pleasant fashion". It sounds like it could be used as a vibrator.
USE oscillator onto Syph: nothing happens. That sextoy might not be indecent enough.

Open your inventory: USE oscillator ON dead kid's arm. They get combined. Now, THAT is a perverted sextoy.

Go back to the elevator. click on the upper button (the blue button that says "HOME")
You are now next to a statue with a huge dong. The STATUE ROOM.

LOOK AT plaque: you start getting acquainted to Steve Dunham.
USE fish on statue : might you be currently journeying in Steve's spirit or memories?

walk left. You're outside a big blue house. That's the TREE ROOM.
Enter the house. You are now in the house's LIVING ROOM.
USE newspaper : nothing.
USE shelves : "nothing worth taking along"
LOOK AT glyphs (upper part of the screen, upstairs): you learn that they probably have a meaning. According to Nikee, the right-hand side glyph is "somewhat obvious". It shows a bed and an arrow pointing to the right. Let's go there.

Exit the room to the right (the black wall on the right-hand-side upstairs -- yes, it's a passageway)
The glyph didn't lie. By going right, you entered the house's BEDROOM

USE fish on bed : it tells you that there is probably a secret passage somewhere. We'll see that later.

Go back to the LIVING ROOM.
Exit the room to the North.

You are now on the rooftop, where you'll find a gigantic marble ALTAR
LOOK AT girls statues, USE fish on altar: we learn more about Steve: he went to a rock festival in Goa and probably had a drug trip while watching a half-naked girl. He cherishes that memory.
USE brown pots: you get a pot of LATEX.

Exit left (upstairs, the black wall is also a non-obvious passageway)

You are now in the house's BATHROOM.

USE latex with bathtub.
USE latex-filled bathtub: you get in and out, and you're now coated in latex. Talk about a condom!

LOOK AT couch: oh noes! Ankou appears! He's nicer than expected and sits down in the couch, telling you he'd like a non-alcoholic drink.
USE alcohol cabinet : you see all the available bottles
Open your inventory and LOOK AT the black book of cocktails. Remember the recipe for the Four Horsemen : Gold Tequila, Hunstmaster liqueur, Peppermint liqueur, White Rum.
Close your inventory and add the ingredients in the same order (just don't confuse white rum with golden rum, etc.). If you failed, you'll get a sarcastic description of your mixture (e.g. "Mexican Hooker", "Gargle Blaster", etc.). If you succeed, you'll get a glass of the Four Horsemen in your inventory.
USE four horsemen ON Ankou : he gets drunk and falls asleep.
USE sleeping Ankou : you get a pair of PLIERS and one PEBBLE. According to Celtic mythology, the latter is supposed to contain the soul of one dead.
[close]

The attic
Spoiler

You start off in the blue house's LIVING ROOM.
Go back to the BEDROOM.

USE lightswitch: the wardrobe moves, reveling a secret passage.
USE passage/mouth : you get in
walk up the wooden stairs
exit to the right-hand-side.

You are now in a room with a huge robot thing pointing guns at you: the SELF-DEFENSE ROOM
TALK TO machine: it says it's Steve's center of self-defense. We're still navigating in Steve's spirit. He put up a lot of defenses around his mind!
USE remote controller ON machine: it gets deactivated

exit the room to the right-hand side. You're now in a room entirely covered in wood, with two locked panels in the background.
This is the WEAPONS ROOM

USE remote controller ON room : all the weapons appear.
USE weapons: you can't take any of them :'(
USE remote controller ON room (again) : this time a giant missile/rocket appears.
USE rocket : you get EVELYN'S SMELL CARTRIDGE (you can see that by looking at it in your inventory)

go back downstairs to the living rom, and exit the blue house.
[close]

Activating the electricity
Spoiler

You start off in the TREE ROOM (outside the blue house)
LOOK AT horizontal hole in the ground: Nikee tells you there's a ladder

USE ladder : you get down to a small ELECTRICITY ROOM.
USE pliers ON electric box (big red wire on the left-hand side) : you fix it. Now the electricity is back.

climb back up and go back to the elevator.
You see a new white button at the top. Go there.

You enter a room with a large portrait of Nikee and graphical glitches: it's the BUGGY ROOM.
LOOK AT "blue arrow down": Nikee tells you it's "rather clickable". USE it : it doesn't work. You'll need something special.

Go back to the BRAINBROS ROOM
[close]

Banging Syph
Spoiler

You start off in the BRAINBROS ROOM

If you've properly followed the previous steps of this walkthrough, then :
- you own the Oscillator+kid's arm sextoy
- your body is coated in latex
- you have talked to Syph and you are aware that "you don't know if you have the skills"

TALK TO brainbros: now, two things can happen :
  - If you're using Ponderabilia 01.04.2013 or older: Sade might tell you "I'll teach you all I taught young Juliette, should you ever require it". It's not normal, because at this stage he should be willing to give you tips. That means you encountered a bug. You need to take an older saved game (possibly start over the game) and re-do all the things you did, but in a different order (for example, try putting the brain back into the head AFTER getting all set up for Syph). At the time this walkthrough was written, the exact event triggering the bug has not been found out yet. So fixing your game is a trial-and-error process.
  - If everything goes properly: De Sade will start his teaching. What you must remember from it is the four sexual techniques he advised, in the right order. In my game, these were : 1) One Sole Job, 2) Australian Queen, 3) Sister Anne, 4) Floating Sieve

Go back to SYPH

TALK TO syph: The dialog starts off as usual (reminder of everything you need) but this time it concludes with "Let's do this".
8 sexual positions are displayed. You need to guess what pictogram matches what position De Sade named.
1) One Sole Job: my understanding is that it's about "one sole of a foot". If you look at the pictures, the second picture from the right on the lower row is the only one where the girl touches the giant penis with one foot. Click it.
2) Australian queen : my understanding is that she's Australian because she's upside-down: Click the second picture from the right, on the upper row.
3) Sister Anne: In the legend, Sister Anne is eagerly watching the skyline in the distance, to see if anyone is approaching. Click the most right-hand-side picutre of the upper row.
4) Floating Sieve: click the most left-hand-side picture of the upper row. (I'm not sure why).
Syph cums in the most outrageous and illustrated display of debauchery.

Syph gives you DILAUDID tablets (they appear in your inventory)
Now what you need to do is a near-death experience while on drugs: you will need to 1) take the drugs, and 2) kill yourself in a non-permanent manner :) Read below how.
[close]

Near-death experience and game ending
Spoiler

You start off in SYPH'S ROOM.

What you need to do is a near-death experience while on drugs: you will need to 1) take the drugs, and 2) kill yourself in a non-permanent manner :) Read below how.

open your inventory. Select the Dilaudid. Close your inventory. USE Dilaudid ON Nikee (yourself). Now you're on drugs.
Now go back to the SEWERS. Use the ladder on the left and crawl through the passage. Exit the passage on the left by USING the opening in the upper-left-hand corner (above the pipes).
You are now in a room covered in white tiles with a steel machine on the left. This is the MEAT-GRINDER room

USE switch on the right-hand side of the room: Nikee says "you don't feel safe without some sort of... backup". That's because your goal is to do a near-death experience. If you turned on the machine now and jumped into it, you'd just be killed... permanently :'( So you need to do a backup of yourself. Doesn't that sound familiar? To the bodymapper!

Go back to the BODYMAPPER room.

open your inventory. LOOK AT evelyn's smell cartridge. Nikee says "may as well write something over it". That's a hint that you can use this cartridge for your own purpose. Let's do that backup now.

USE cartridge ON bodymapper's green screen.
(not sure if this one is really needed) USE remote ON bodymapper
After a short claustrophobic episode, Nikee gets out. It's not obvious, but if you payed attention to the bodymapper's purpose, you know that it now holds a backup to yourself. Now let's go kill Nikee ;)

Go back to the MEAT GRINDER room.

USE switch on the wall: Nikee catches the kook and gets thrown into the grinder... and dies horribly :d
Now Nikee is travelling through death and meets some sort of shaman. Pass the dialog by clicking (be aware that you can skip your own sentences by clicking anywhere on-screen, but you need to click stricly on the shaman's text to skip it).

you got a POINTER (it's in your inventory)

go back to the BUGGY ROOM

USE pointer (the one in your inventory!) ON blue arrow. A door appears.
USE door : Nikee goes and opens it

You're now in a circular white room with a big tank at the top, containing a black sculpted face. The ORACLE ROOM

TALK TO black sculpted face : its eyes open and it says "trade me His essence for passage".
You need to give that guy the essence/spirit of Steve. If you remember what I said from the Ankou myth, then you have it right here in your pocket.
USE pebble ON black sculpted face : the left-hand-side door opens

exit to the left.
You're now in a dark room with a large screen in the center : the FINAL ROOM

TALK TO screen: it explains to you the whole story, and offers you the choice of bringing Steve back to life/consciousness (by pushing the red button), or to shut him down forever by not pushing the button.

USE red button: now the choice is yours: Select YES to revive Steve, or NO to let him die. Enjoy the two endings!

[close]

moloko

This is turning out extremely impressive, Monsieur OUXX. The walkthrough you're writing is a pleasure to read, and it goes a lot more in-depth than I had hoped for. Very anxious to see how you will finish it. :) Once it's finished, perhaps we can make it into a .pdf with little known details, screengrabs and a map?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk