Cryo [MAGS December 2013 Entry]

Started by Peder 🚀, Tue 07/01/2014 21:01:49

Previous topic - Next topic

Peder 🚀

The Story:
"The story is about a man who wakes up in a white technological medicalized room. Sounds familiar? But this man is not anyone…
Based on a true story and hypothetical future."

Screenshots:

The Team:
Game design, art, coding and SFX: Atavismus
Coding, lead tester: Peder Johnsen
Music: Jonas Thiem
Proof reading, testing: Bicilotti

Other  testers: Construed, Dualnames and Galen

WARNING!
This game was designed to run using a 2x nearest-neighbour filter, if you are unable to run the game using this filter we advise you to play the game in full-screen mode!

selmiak

The intro is cool, as is the theme, but now I'm stuck at the doorcode without a clue on what to do. But I want to explore the wonders of the future of the year 2000 (or is it another time even?)
I don't have to wait another 2000 years until someone comes, do I?

Peder 🚀

Selmiak:
Spoiler
There is a "hint" to the doorcode on the codepanel itself
Spoiler
Think letters
Spoiler
The A is the code
[close]
[close]
[close]

We found a last minute "bug" it's not game crashing so it's safe to play the current version, but we have fixed the issue and I'll be re-uploading the file now in the next 5 minutes!

arj0n

Peder 🚀

New version uploaded:
Fixes a simple text issue where if you use the elevator before having done anything else it will display too many lines.
Also fixes an issue where the text on a report was too large making the text overlap the actual screen making you unable to read the whole report.
If you don't want to re-download the game I can provide a screenshot of this report as it holds an important clue to one of the puzzles.. (You can however solve the puzzle without by trial and error).

arj0n

Peder 🚀

selmiak

Quote from: Peder Johnsen+ on Tue 07/01/2014 22:20:18
Selmiak:
Spoiler
There is a "hint" to the doorcode on the codepanel itself
Spoiler
Think letters
Spoiler
The A is the code
[close]
[close]
[close]

We found a last minute "bug" it's not game crashing so it's safe to play the current version, but we have fixed the issue and I'll be re-uploading the file now in the next 5 minutes!

I've seen that and I tried
Spoiler
1834 and 1837 (and also the years on the letter (don't use your birthday as a password) both keyboard and calculator style)

okay, got it... >_>
[close]

does the bug have something to do with the player not moving when loading a game? This happend here atm... the game is frozen ;)

Peder 🚀

The bugs I fixed should not have anything to do with any game freezing bugs from loading.. I experienced a few such issues but never found a real cause for it.. Did you save yourself or did you load from autosave? :).

selmiak

I refreshed an autosave. But as you know I was only at the doorlock so I just replayed up to there ;)

CaptainD

Peder 🚀

Thanks CaptainD! Because of Atavismus and this game I finally got myself properly back into coding in AGS..
Been so long! But nice to finally be using it again! :). Now I got no excuse not to start working on my games! :P.

Ogon

Here is the music for anyone interested: Cryo Soundtrack

Trivia: most of it was made in one single sprint in one day. :smiley: Also, this is the first released game with a soundtrack by me. (apart from Dualname's Ben Jordan interview)

I hope you like it!

Construed

Awesome game indeed!
I felt like I had really been reincarnated in the future in a capsule!
Great job!
I felt sorry for myself because I had no shoes.
Then I met the man with no feet.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk