Noughts & Crosses

Started by Stupot, Mon 20/01/2014 02:33:46

Previous topic - Next topic

Stupot

Here's a little something I just cobbled together.

Noughts & Crosses (or Tic Tac Toe, if you prefer).

It's a 2-player game, so if you have some company, fancy a game of Noughts and Crosses and don't want to waste pen and paper, then you've come to the right place.

Download Here!

Mandle

Nice one! I like the way you've drawn on a whiteboard and photographed it. Looks cool!

An AI opponent would be nice so people could incorporate your code into a minigame inside an adventure game. Trouble with tic-tac-toe AIs though is that, unless you have them make a random mistake now and then, every game ends in a tie or a loss for the human player (laugh).

"A strange game. The only winning move is not to play."

Anyways...congratz on a finished project: No matter how small it always feels great to release something that is actually finished!

Stupot

Cheers for playing Mandle.

I just whipped it together last night as a little personal coding challenge.  So the obvious next challenge would to include an AI opponent. I'll see what I can do.

I also realised as soon as I uploaded it that I forgot to include some system for when the game ends in a tie. The game just stops. That shouldn't be too hard to fix, though.
[Edit]Just seen Galen's comment to the same effect.  Worry not, I'm working on it :-)

[Update] You can now tie without crashing the game :)

Snake

Nice little game, Stupot! I love the looks of it :D
Grim: "You're making me want to quit smoking... stop it!;)"
miguel: "I second Grim, stop this nonsense! I love my cigarettes!"

Ghost

Fun indeed, Stupot, well done! Now come up with yet another little game and make a trilogy! I suggest Battleships. (nod)

selmiak

Very stylish!
If you ever decide to implement some single player opponent AI you can always refer to this xkcd graph. you can also use it to play someone else ;)

Stupot

Cheers chaps :cheesy:
An AI opponent is in the works.
That xkcd thing is awesome :-) I'll definitely use that for reference.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk