[ BAKE SALE 2 ] Blue Lobe Inc.

Started by Baron, Tue 21/01/2014 05:15:03

Previous topic - Next topic

Baron

Announcing....

Blue Lobe Inc.
The story of three AGSers who decide to form their own commercial indie game company in their parents' basement!  It's meant to be a kind of web-comic/cartoon as well as an interactive adventure game.  Some people might remember the concept as my abortive Bake Sale game from two years ago.  Here's some screenies:

Also it's fully voiced by amazing AGSers!  And there's an AWESOME soundtrack by Problem: check out a sampling of his tracks on his website!  And there's a mini-game!  And I've got AGS A-lister voice cameos!  And it's silly fun!  You should definitely look forward to playing this game.  Of course, in order to get your hands on it you'll have to support a possible secret upcoming Bake Sale 2 thingy that might probably maybe be happening in February March definitely April!  More on that to be announced shortly by the powers that be, but suffice it to say that you are just days away from playing this masterpiece!

Progress (updated April 2014):
scripting 100%
writing 100%
music 100%
sounds 100%
voices 100%
animation 100%
backgrounds 100%

Basically I'm just tinkering with the old girl until the rest of the maybe-possible-entirely-hypothetical-at-this-point-bakers are ready to release the bundle (What?  What bundle?!?  Who said anything about a bundle??!!!!).  But, er.... otherwise it's pretty much all done!

So let's make lots of anticipatory noises!

Ubel

This looks delightful!

*anticipatory noises*

miguel

Working on a RON game!!!!!

Tabata

So our Daddy made a kind of AGS'er family movie
            giving away some insider infos   

Cool idea!     

Ghost

So glad you dug that one up, I loved the idea back then and... well, I still do!

\o/ for Baron!

NickyNyce

Love the idea of black and white with minimal color. The bully and all three AGSers look really cool, and I like how they are set up in a bathroom, or there's a toilet and sink set up in the office...lol. What better way to get great acoustical sounds.

Baron

Quote from: Tabata on Tue 21/01/2014 11:28:32
So our Daddy made a kind of AGS'er family movie           

Well, it's not exactly cinematic, but there are a few cutscenes.  ;)

Glad to see the anticipation building!

kconan

I'm pumped up for this like Buster Rinds at a geek beatdown convention!

Ghost

Frodo

Looking forward to this game seeing the light of day.  :grin:
Just... watch out for Buster Rinds  :tongue:

Snake

QuoteSome people might remember the concept as my abortive Bake Sale game from two years ago.
I KNEW this looked familiar! HA!

Anyway this sounds amazing and I'm highly anticipating it :)
Grim: "You're making me want to quit smoking... stop it!;)"
miguel: "I second Grim, stop this nonsense! I love my cigarettes!"

Baron

Well, apparently there's been a delay in the release of Bake Sale 2 -some sort of malfunction with the bundling equipment, I guess.  Anyway, this delay, while disappointing, also provides an opportunity to add more features!  I'm interested in an AGS rap/hip-hop song for a bridge sequence that I had to cut from the original plan due to lack of time/ability.  Are there any hip-hop artists out there in AGS-land that might consider picking this up?  We'd collaborate on the lyrics, but the vocal performance/music would be entirely up to you.  The game would probably only need a 30 second track.  Actual hip-hop skill isn't nearly as important as enthusiasm. ;)  Post here or PM me if you're interested/intrigued.

kaput

Well, Baron, you remember our hip-hop heist... I'll let YOU do the maths, playa?

Baron

S-Dawg!  You be ridin' in the hood again, Bruddah?!?  Props! :P ;)

Baron

[BUMP!]

There are currently rumours circulating that this game will be released within the week!  Can it be true!  Is the agonizing wait soon to be over!  I guess we'll just have to wait and see!

In the meantime, here's more teaser art:

AprilSkies

The graphics are brilliant!

www.apemarina.altervista.org

Frodo

*dances around excitedly:grin:

CaptainD

Who started these rumours?!?  Can they be trusted?!?!??  IS IT SAFE?!?!?!??!

Looks very nice. :cheesy:

miguel

That's just indie beauty tossed at our faces, Mr.Baron. Give us the game!
Working on a RON game!!!!!

Mandle

Ohhhh this looks beautiful!

I hope the guy the the glasses and buck-teeth speaks with a saliva-spraying nerd voice:

Pleassspe bring on the Wayne'sssp World of AGSssp indie devsssp assp ssspoon as possspissple!!!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk