Life

Started by Janos Biro, Wed 19/02/2014 03:15:23

Previous topic - Next topic

Janos Biro

Real life has some pretty unfair puzzles, doesn't it?

Just wanted to share this thought with you...
I'm willing to translate from English to Brazilian Portuguese.

miguel

Use every action you can remember on the puzzles presented to you, if that doesn't work use a walk-through! :=
Working on a RON game!!!!!

------

--------

CaptainD

janosbiro - it may be that you haven't searched properly to find the correct inventory item.  Retrace your steps over the last few days and pick up absolutely everyone that's not impossible to take.  Oh wait... that tends to end up in a prison spell in real life. (roll)

monkey424

Did you try turning it off and on again?

Ghost

Quote from: monkey424 on Wed 19/02/2014 11:52:31
Did you try turning it off and on again?

Don't you need KickStarter for that?

NickyNyce

I hate when I can't remember where I put my keys, and have to pixel hunt the whole house.

CaptainD

If all else fails, try the Hint Mode.  Or ask the Voodoo Lady.

Janos Biro

Thank you all for those helpful tips. But I think my life is either bugged or designed as a merciless Sierra Game without Save & Load capabilities. I fear I'm stuck in a unwinnable state, with no possible restart. I have being reading this huge black leather covered guide for some time, and I think some of the most difficult puzzles may be just red herrings. And there is a LOT of red herrings in this one. Also, it is VERY choice & consequence based, so I cannot try everything on everything, absolutely not. Sometimes I feel like I was playing a rogue-like version of Alone in the Dark. How scary is that?
I'm willing to translate from English to Brazilian Portuguese.

Ghost

Quote from: janosbiro on Wed 19/02/2014 18:43:17
a rogue-like version of Alone in the Dark.

I would love to play that. So much!

Thaumaturge

On the plus side, while some states can be very difficult to recover from, I think that there are surprisingly few that don't have some path along which one can progress, and it's all but unsurpassed in terms of alternate solutions to puzzles.

Quotea rogue-like version of Alone in the Dark
That does sound interesting. There are a few games along similar lines--if not quite the same--I think; The Binding of Isaac comes to mind, for example.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk