Goat Herd and the Gods: COMPLETED

Started by Myinah, Sat 22/02/2014 16:00:03

Previous topic - Next topic

Myinah

NOW COMPLETED AND RELEASED. DOWNLOAD IT HERE!

Goat Herd and the God is the second release for Dropped Monocle Games. It follows the journey of a young goat herd named Atl, who was enjoying the simple life until his world was turned upside down by a visit from El Chupacabra. With his goats gone, and an angry village to appease, will the Gods help Atl or will he end up on the sacrificial altar?

We have currently completed 100% coding of the puzzles and are working on finalizing the art, recording voices, getting some animations in place and polishing everything up. We also have fantastic music by AGS's very own Problem. You can check out some of his stuff here.

To follow our progress you can visit our website, facebook page or follow us on twitter.

UPDATE 10/11/2014:

We have been working away quietly for a while now and the game is almost complete! Yaaaay!

Goat Herds is now in the final stages of Beta and play testing and we are recruiting testers is anyone is interested >link to recruitment<
The game is pretty much finished and we just have a couple of bits left to polish up like the menus and some custom music to add to the final cutscene, but that's pretty much it!

Unless the testers find something horrendous that sets us back we anticipate a December release at the latest.

So here are some updated screens:

P.S We know berrie is spelled berry but my proofreading skills only kicked in after Sox made the screens so it'll be corrected for the release lol

Ghost

This looks lovely! I like the style a LOT, and any game with El Chupacabra in it can only be awesome!

tzachs

I hope nothing happens to the goats, I will be very upset if something happens to the goats!
Great graphics, btw, a game to look forward to..

Hobo

Mouthless indians and a bloodsucking mythological beast 8-0 - this must surely be a creepy horror game! But really, it sounds and looks great. Would you be willing to share some more details about the game? Approximate lenght perhaps?

Myinah

It's not really horror, more of a cute comedy. I think it's probably going to be classed as a short game. This was supposed to be our first game, but we got distracted by our MAGS entry and it delayed us finishing this title. All our other planned games should be long ones :)

kconan

Nice, clean graphics along with a story that sounds interesting, and more importantly these days, unique.  Looking forward to this one!

Gribbler

Looks great! Good luck with the production.

Eric

This looks beautiful. What program are you using to create your art (I am thinking you may have been using Anime Studio, but I might be confused)?

Dropped Monocle Games

Ah opps he isnt meant to be mouthless... He won't stay mouthless for long, working on that soon! I use a mix of software for the artwork, the backgrounds are being done in photoshop. Atl was drawn in flash and then animated in anime studio!

this was animated in anime studio

Edit:
Reworked walk cycle with mouth :P

cat

Goats are almost as awesome as sheep - looking forward to this!

KodiakBehr

Those are some slick animations, and I love a novel setting.  Looking forward to it!

Mouth for war

mass genocide is the most exhausting activity one can engage in, next to soccer

DBoyWheeler

Anime Studio, eh?  May have to invest in that for future AGS games, myself.

Anyway, good work here so far.  I'd like to see how this develops, and look forward to what else Dropped Monocle Games has to offer in the future.

Dropped Monocle Games

I got the Anime Studio 9 Pro on ebay (UK) for about £80 last year, It taken some getting used to but worth it, its taken me about 6 months to get to the stage I am at now with watching a lot of videos but I like the smooth results it gives!
I'm thinking of uploading a video with it running in game, with a little peak at the lip sync and voice. I'll try and do that some point this weekend :)

Dropped Monocle Games

okay I was a bit slower on getting a video up then I said I would be.. opps :undecided:
but here is a short Goat Herd and the Gods video for anyone that wanted to see it in action
[embed=560,315]http://youtu.be/f13fEgLrk34[/embed]

still a lot of work, animation, tweeks to be done, oh and its the first time I have ever tried voice acting... so be nice :P

Edit: Sorry Problem, I haven't updated to the latests music yet  *Blush*

Ghost

Short but sweet video. I like the little custom animation for touching the rock. The voice-over's rather good I'd say (but I don't have high standards in that area).
Overall a very smooth and cute look. Still very much looking forward to this.

Grim

Nice animation! One advice- faster walking!;)

Dropped Monocle Games

Just a couple of updates!

I have finally gotten around to doing the front walk cycle (I put it off as I don't think I'm very good at it)

and here is some concept art for one of the rooms

Quote from: Grim on Thu 13/03/2014 20:52:16
Nice animation! One advice- faster walking!;)
Thanks for the advice, I have sped him up now :)

AprilSkies

The Whole art work is a-w-e-s-o-m-e ! 8-0

www.apemarina.altervista.org

Myinah

Just wait till you see his animated cut scenes. I have refrained from posting them because I don't want to give the whole thing away, but I am blessed to be working with an animation wizard. I am blown away every time.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk