Sherlock - The Dark Arts

Started by Marion, Tue 25/02/2014 20:21:01

Previous topic - Next topic

Marion

Fan-game based on the BBC TV show "Sherlock".

Short interactive fan-fiction starring Sherlock Holmes and John Watson, in a strange murder case. Find what happened in the phone company with the help of your friends !

Graphics based mainly on classic Sierra and Lucasarts games.

http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/site/games/game/1774/

arj0n

Nice Sherlock game so far.
Found the mouse control a bit confusing, the walkbehinds are a bit rough at some spots and it's missing some extra like look-interactions.
But otherwise: thanx Marion, nice one again!

Tramponline

Couldn't care less about Holmes! :=

downloading...

DoorKnobHandle

I gave this a try earlier. I'm a very big Sherlock Holmes fan (but only the actual original novels) so it was nice to see an AGS game about Holmes and Watson. The background and character art/animation was great (although I noticed some characters were ripped from Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis) but clashed heavily with the high-res font and, more importantly, all the interface art which looked very rushed. I stopped playing after a bit because I didn't really enjoy the puzzles but I liked how you stayed relatively true to the universe!

StillInThe90s

Background looks really nice. Was it made for this project or is it borrowed from somewhere?
Had to run in a window with no filters on my laptop, for some reason.
Character art/animation looks very well made too but the window mode makes everything... well, tiny.

Marion

I have worked the graphics from "Gabriel knight" "Laura Bow 2" and "Indiana Jones & the Fate of Atlantis".

dbuske

That is a Gabriel Knight background. I like it.
I am stuck not finding anything at the murder site
What if your blessings come through raindrops
What if your healing comes through tears...

Tramponline

Same here, to be honest.
I can't seem to make out any hotspots at all (neither visible nor 'invisible' ones). I was just able to talk to people. But I'll keep trying...;)

Marion

You must find a clue in the office where the secretary is. :) Quite a pixel-hunt, I know.... :-[

Tramponline

Just finished it.
Like Arj0n, I'd have wished for more opportunities to observe the game's world.
It'd run nicely with your theme here, since Holmes' character is almost entirely about observation anyway. Plus it'd make the game feel less 'barren' and linear.

Letting someone proof-read those dialogs wouldn't be all that bad either.

But, all in all, not a bad effort. I enjoyed the humorous twist -
Spoiler
especially at the end! ;)
[close]

dbuske

Ok, I found the spot in the office, and I got the plastic bag. It won't allow me to use the plastic bag.
What if your blessings come through raindrops
What if your healing comes through tears...

Marion

Thank you ^^'

dbuske : you need another tool from Molly.

faerieevenstar

This game has vanished... I put a review yesterday and now it's totally gone. I know it wasn't the most glowing review, but please don't give up altogether.. I think others enjoyed it.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk