Adventure Game Framework for Unity

Started by nuverian, Fri 27/09/2013 18:13:37

Previous topic - Next topic

Armageddon

Quote from: nuverian on Wed 02/10/2013 03:52:44
By the way, Unity has a free version :-)
Allow me to be cynical for a moment. "Free" to Unity is "Let us plaster our logo all over your game and make sure people know you use a trial version. Also let us strip out all the shaders that make your game look decent, and dynamic lighting." :-D I've been saving up little and little for Unity though, because it does look like a great engine. Best of luck with your addon, should be useful.

nuverian

Allow me to be cynical for a moment. "Free" to Unity is "Let us plaster our logo all over your game and make sure people know you use a trial version. Also let us strip out all the shaders that make your game look decent, and dynamic lighting."

I can't disagree at all :-)

theSynapse

Still a hell of a lot of tech for free. People ain't doing it purely for love, although I'd say the people at Unity are the closest so far whilst remaining commercial.

I'm interested in this. Everyone's crying out for a more modern AG engine. This is a great step.

nuverian

Just an update, Added multilanguage support for all speech text and audio to the game, within a single easy editor. I thought that was inportant as suggested by someone elsewhere

qptain Nemo

I'd like to bump this in good faith. Since there's a lot of talk about other engines right now and Adventure Creator has resurfaced, I'd like some status update on this as well. :)

theSynapse

It's been released and it's available on the Unity Assets store for 70 USD.

Chris came and demoed it at AdventureX in December and it looks seriously impressive. I haven't had chance to use it myself yet, but it packs a hell of a lot of features and it's partly modeled on AGS - so that should interest most on this forum! It's also been updated to work with the new 2D tools and there's a new 2D demo out for it (the original demo showcases a kind of Walking Dead like format).

Hope that helps!

Here's the website: http://www.iceboxstudios.co.uk/adventure-creator

qptain Nemo

Sorry, but I'm not talking about Adventure Creator, I'm talking about this.

theSynapse

Ah, yes of course - I forgot about that in the light of Adventure Creators exciting debut!

I haven't heard anything else from him, and it looks like the Unity forums thread is dead doesn't it? A real shame since it looks as though he did a ton of work on it.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk