AGS Live Ceremony 2013 - Download link available (Updated to STABLE)

Started by Dualnames, Sat 01/03/2014 10:47:57

Previous topic - Next topic

Dualnames

First, apologies for last's years absence, I was in the army. And the year before that we had some terrible issues that kind of rubbed me the wrong way, I meant to abandon this.

Prologue:
But then again, I was reminded that this is not my idea, I use a medium made by someone else to project a vision made by someone else. Namely, I use AGS and the Sockets plugin made by Chris Jones and Wyz to help create the result that is the AGS Live Ceremony. Wyz deserves credit for this, the man single handedly made this possible and I get undeserving claps. Also, this wouldn't be possible without bicilotti, even if he wants to be the most annoyingly modest person about this.

So TL:DR, the AGS Awards will be held on that small place that will all have missed.

Updates:
I've implemented stuff that nobody got to see two years ago, and I've also updated several. So here's a list of what's new:

1) Added buttons for turning music and sound on and off.
2) Added loading screen (practically the first AGS loading screen of all time that CJ didn't code)
3) Switched connect after you put the nickname to make sure you don't send too much data beforehand and instead just send them all at once, when you actually join.
4) Reduced the number of commands sent by each client when someone joins from 4 to 0, as a bot (I coded that bastard) now handles data and instead of everyone lagging on joins, now just the guy who joins experiences slowdowns.
5) Screen graphic, awards text and song, properly gets set when you join, without lagging everyone.
6) The ceremony now features Daft Punk and currently 4 new songs.
7) Laugh track
8) Lesbians (you know it)

How to IRC
Connect to irc://irc.agsarchives.com/#ags:

Download the AGS IRC Live Ceremony

*Warning THIS is a stable version*
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

bicilotti

You have no idea how much work Duals & Wyz put into this over the years. Thank you!
I linked this thread from the Awards one!

Wyz

I've had a peek and it's awesome! :D
Good job Duals!
I'll be there tomorrow.
Life is like an adventure without the pixel hunts.

Dualnames

See first post.
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

qptain Nemo

By the way the live ceremony game completely works through the latest Wine, so anybody who wants to attend the live ceremony from Linux can do so without any problems as well.

Monsieur OUXX

Dammit the test starts in 10 minutes and the download takes about 10 minutes :D *crossing fingers*

EDIT: I stayed online for about 20 minutes, and I didn't experience any kind of crash or bug or glitch. Only the lag was causing characters to slightly teleport sometimes, but that's normal.
A small thing to report : the avatar in black suit (I know from what game he is but the name eludes me right now) has a bunch of pink pixels in his "up" walkcycle.

Stupot

I missed the test party :(

Quote from: Monsieur OUXX on Sun 02/03/2014 17:50:20
A small thing to report : the avatar in black suit (I know from what game he is but the name eludes me right now) has a bunch of pink pixels in his "up" walkcycle.
Haha, I remember this was the case last time as well :D

Ponch

Damn it. I missed the test. Hope everything went well. :-[

ArgyBoi

Awesome work. The demonstrations were pretty spectacular, as well as the lesb- I mean everything else :=

AprilSkies

Awesome work!
I didn't experienced nothing bad. No glitches or bugs... except the one Monsieur OUXX already said: sometimes I saw "magenta" in the walk-cycle (UP) of that character. But not when I was using it, only when others were using it.

www.apemarina.altervista.org

miguel

I missed all the fun and nobody's inn right now!
But it does look good!
Working on a RON game!!!!!

Ponch

Sweet! I've got the theater all to myself! I'mma carve my name in the podium! :=

Mandle

I must say that it absolutely freaked me out to have all those famous game characters walking around talking to me!

I never thought I would ever see Max walk up to me and say "Hi Mandle how's it goin?"

That's some seriously disturbingly cool stuff!!!

Andail

It was the best AGS irc live ceremony test party I've ever been to!

Tabata

Aaaah!
It was great to see that theater become filled with life - clap, clap, clap -
I was taken by surprise to get on stage
and YAY! - I didn't fell off this time :grin:
So the test was successful - even if I still have to complain the missing step at the microphone ;)

Great work and cool features! 
I am happy that there are guys like you who put their time into it to let the ceremony become true that way again.

Thank you!

hope 2 C U all

Dualnames

Thanks for the comments really heartwarming to see people in that room again.
Sorry for being absent after a while I literally fell asleep, but it seemed my client never crashed, so, that's a good thing. Anyhow, the test went well, we found some stuff together and I've fixed them.

Updated:
-Lifted limit of entrants from 60 to 70 (Thanks nemo)
-Fixed a walkbehind issue on the bottom left. (Thanks everyone basically)
-Fixed a music issue, concerning the music being disabled. (Thanks Juani)
-Fixed the issue with cianty's sprite. (Thanks everyone basically)
-Added the following avatars:
LeChuck, Bernard (DOTT), gabriel night (no typo)
-Fixed the issue regarding nicknames, now the game properly prompts you to put a correct nickname. (Thanks peder)

Monsieur OUXX

could you write the download's version in small prints somewhere? So that we know for sure if we need to re-download it or not. Thanks!

selmiak

but if this update gets a new version number you'll have to totally redownload! If it's the only update you might skip it though, it's a gamble :P

Dualnames

Okay, done a minor update, you should update, and this will be the last update.

san.daniele

wow … this is so incredibly … …
Too much for my limited English vocabulary to find the right word … so just insert something like "awesome", "cool", "groovy" or "stunning".

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk