The 4th Wall [MAGS February]

Started by HanaIndiana, Tue 04/03/2014 23:50:40

Previous topic - Next topic

HanaIndiana

The 4th Wall

MAGS Feb. entry - "Fictional Spirituality"

Have a few minutes to spare?
An adventure game character has a spiritual epiphany, and the player is his God. The 4th wall has been broken.

This is barely an adventure game. Well, barely a game.
Play It! I command you!
Download Here

Andail

Myshkin

In case you haven't seen it already, there's a nice write up of The 4th Wall here:

http://indiestatik.com/2014/03/20/4th-wall-free-game/

The downloads of the game also seem to have shot up by over 1,000 in the past few days. Nice work!  :-D

HanaIndiana

Fun! Thanks Emont, and thank you for writing the music. I wanted to use larger portions of it, but the game ended up too short.

Mandle

Had a great time with this one! Nice meta-fictional approach to the theme given for that MAGs!

Now go give us more Godlike powers and release the deluxe version:

I COMMAND YOU!

LRH

I really liked this, too! It was really clever to let use discover that we were responsible for breaking the fourth wall and not (directly) prompting us to do so. I've been away from the community for a while.  It was nice to come back to something that so perfectly captures the charm of MAGS.

HanaIndiana

Ask and you shall receive. More Godlike powers, more interactions, more of everything, is in the works.

Myshkin

Good to hear! An extended/more interactive version would be great (though I am a fan of extremely simple games :)), this idea really seems to have resonated with people.

Mandle

The voice acting was also really, really good...

Spoiler
I especially liked the moment the main dude admitted to his God that he was kinda afraid of him during the laptop scene...That was a brilliant piece of voice inflection and made me chuckle and cringe in fear at the same time...Lovely!!!
[close]

Cogliostro

The link isn't working for me.

- Cogliostro
"First things first, but not necessarily in that order." - Dr. Who

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk