Oceanspirit Dennis : Canon Fodder !!!!1! BALLISTIC NIPPLES

Started by Monsieur OUXX, Thu 20/03/2014 23:38:00

Previous topic - Next topic

Monsieur OUXX

FEATURES:
- the lamest Dennis sprites to-date
- Dennis finally meets his mom
- a very bad impersonation of the Angry German kid
- FMV! (Full Motion Video, for those born after the 90's. Yes, I'm talking about you. Shame on you.)
- Lots and lots of DLC's
- Lots and lots of hairgel
- A big sword... and the possibility to use it to cut stuff!
- no J-RPG fight at all (or your money back)
- ALL CHARACTERS HAVE RECORDED VOICES! ...But not the way you imagine ;)

I NEED A MUSICIAN! I'm doing the whole game by myself but I just can't make music ;-D One or two silly tunes in the style of Goblins 3 would be awesome, deadly, and utterly exhilerating.

miguel

I sense a gigantic wave of OSD material coming up soon!
My OSD project has recorded voices as well...but not the way you imagine, too. Could it be we had the same idea?
Working on a RON game!!!!!

kconan

Looks like fun, and I love the mad scientist sprite!

Monsieur OUXX

Quote from: kconan on Fri 21/03/2014 00:19:00
I love the mad scientist sprite!

Someones doesn't know their classics! ;)

Darth Mandarb

I'm going to nip the inevitable off-topic flood this ... genre... of games always starts.

If there is any nonsense (off topic, rambling, trolling, etc) I'm just going to delete the posts (and lock the thread if it gets too out of hand).

Stay on target and talk about this game, and this game only.

Monsieur OUXX

"OSD": FEAR in three letters for any sane moderator.

Having said that, this is a real game, and it's about 50% complete :

Start-up work: (scripting the gui, drawing the main character, etc. -- usually the longest thing to do) DONE
Backgrounds : 2 out of 5.
Puzzle design: DONE
music : still missing.

Dualnames

The backgrounds look really good btw, regardless of the troll universe.
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Ghost

You had me at "Achievement: Background". I imagine that you can "upgrade" the game looks in some way (?) and I think it's a very cool idea.

There was some browser game back then where you started with a simple "stickman" game and had to buy every little extra, from menu screens to sound effects, with in-game currency. Would be interesting to see that in a game notorious for its mix-and-match look (nod)

Monsieur OUXX

Quote from: Dualnames on Fri 21/03/2014 23:49:39
The backgrounds look really good btw, regardless of the troll universe.

Thanks. But... Please, tell me you've recognized the lava background?

@ghost: yes, Dennis being the sucker he is, needs ot download his own game bit by bit. But sometimes the downloads don't go as expected ;)

Adeel

Quote from: Monsieur OUXX on Sat 22/03/2014 01:11:03
Thanks. But... Please, tell me you've recognized the lava background?

I recognized the background immediately when I saw it. PM me the link to these ripped files too! :-D

selmiak

You did a great job on that glowing lava background! Keep it up, this is gonna be good! ;-D

AprilSkies

The lava background comes from the Fate of Atlantis :shocked: isn't it?

www.apemarina.altervista.org

Monsieur OUXX

Quote from: AprilSkies on Sat 22/03/2014 16:46:14
The lava background comes from the Fate of Atlantis :shocked: isn't it?

Obviously! :-D (at last! ;) ) (selmiak I see what you did there, you big troll)
That's just for the intro though. There will be 3 or 4 exclusive backgrounds.

Monsieur OUXX

OK so I've just added a feature that allows Dennis to cut any element present in the set in two with his giant sword. Samurai style!
Fully-destroyable set.

The only problem now is... It's SO pleasurable and fun to cut trees, lamp posts, bushes and rabbits, that I can't stop doing it and the progress of the project is very slow :D

Ghost

Quote from: Monsieur OUXX on Wed 26/03/2014 22:52:39
The only problem now is... It's SO pleasurable and fun to cut trees, lamp posts, bushes and rabbits, that I can't stop doing it and the progress of the project is very slow :D

Sounds awesome!
When a throwaway (?) feature becomes so satisfying you should run with it and milk it for all it's worth! Allow for combos! Make hidden sequences where cutting x, y, and z result in... something! Add a score for rapid cutting- you see where this is going!

Myshkin

Hey Monsieur, this looks like fun :-D -- I'm interested in doing some music for you if you haven't got anyone yet. Sent you a PM

Monsieur OUXX

Quote from: Ghost on Thu 27/03/2014 00:08:19
Add a score for rapid cutting- you see where this is going!

Good idea. I'll see what I can do!

Snarky

Looks sexcyllent!

The ability to randomly slice apart different bits of the environment is a great example of what I would consider a good pointless feature.

Monsieur OUXX

Every serious AGS-er should recognize the threat that this rabbit represents ;)

monkey424

Egads! Why, it's that wascally wabbit! Back to edumacate us once again! :P

dactylopus

This looks like a really fun game.  I'm looking forward to taking a slice out of that no-good rabbit!  Nice work, OUXX!

Monsieur OUXX

Another guest star!
Say hello to Heroine's Quest's Fremont, the mediocre bridge-keeper!

Tabata

WOW! 
This ist becomming a coooooool game! 

Now waiting for the awesomeness to happen

Radiant

Quote from: Monsieur OUXX on Sun 30/03/2014 09:04:02

*Thrivaldi Sign Of Approval*

(but Fremont always has some kind of shield :) )

Monsieur OUXX

Quote from: Radiant on Sun 30/03/2014 22:13:51
*Thrivaldi Sign Of Approval*
(but Fremont always has some kind of shield :) )

I was sort-of hoping you guys wouldn't read that post beofre the game release, that would have been a nice surprise for you :D (well yes it doesn't make much sense after posting that screenshot).

It's true, Fremont doesn't have a shield there. I got lazy when fitting the sprite... Worse: in the game files, he's called cThrivaldi. Shame on me!

Monsieur OUXX

BALLISTIC NIPPLES

[imgzoom]http://24.media.tumblr.com/a8da59039c040d9b78303a69da5476a6/tumblr_n3vnxnFhgf1tsfksfo1_1280.png[/imgzoom]

DEAL WITH IT.

Two updates:
1) I just added a shield for Fremont. And I bet this time nobody can go past it!
2) I just added a minigame so you all better start practicing your Gorilla skills to beat it : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDc3ZEKl-Wc

selmiak

great! Please add funky animated sperms as cannonballs when you make us play around with dennis' nipples already :-D

Monsieur OUXX

Quote from: selmiak on Fri 11/04/2014 19:56:04
Please add funky animated sperms as cannonballs.
No way! Do not confuse randomness and bad taste! ;)

qptain Nemo

The second screenshot in the original post made me laugh like an idiot. And the reference to G&R is a flattering surprise. :) Looking forward to this.

Quote from: Monsieur OUXX on Sat 12/04/2014 11:05:11
Quote from: selmiak on Fri 11/04/2014 19:56:04
Please add funky animated sperms as cannonballs.
No way! Do not confuse randomness and bad taste! ;)
I'm sure Dennis thinks sperm tastes alright :=

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk