Oz Orwell and the Exorcist

Started by Midian Design, Fri 21/03/2014 09:33:29

Previous topic - Next topic

Midian Design

Game by: Danilo Cagliari
Executive Producer: Mods
Additional Help: Arj0n
English Translation: Paul Giaccone
Beta Test: Arj0n, Paul Giaccone, Livia Viganò, Adriana Russo, Fjord Cagliari.
Languages: English/Italiano
Resolution: 1024x768 32bit

- Story 100%
- Graphics 50%
- Puzzles 50%
- Scripting 50%
- Music/sound 80%

[embed=720,540]http://youtu.be/0mVH1PPXXW4[/embed]

Features:

- Full voice acting (Screen7)
-The characters will be rendered according to the lighting in the scene for a more uniform visual result.
- Simplified interaction system based on mouse only (right click to examine, left click to interact, no visible icon)
- Many items to collect, not all of which can be used
- Help button

It's been three years since his misadventures at Angst Mansion. Oz Orwell, owner of the website Ghosts & Mansions, is desperate. His work consists of visiting places presumed to be haunted with his video camera and documenting apparitions or suspicious noises. To tell you the truth, nothing has ever happened during his on-site investigations (unless we include Angst Mansion, but nothing was documented on that occasion), and Oz has always had to fabricate his videos with fake audio and cheap-looking computer graphics.
We said Oz is desperate; in fact, his website is no longer a success. It's got to the point where no one trusts his productions and the greatest horror of all is about to hit him: closing down Ghosts & Mansions and getting a real job.

A real job... That's the mother of all fears for Oz, apart from ghosts! Before giving in, though, he plans to play one last card. Some time ago, another character has entered the limelight and attracted even more of the media's attention than he did; someone known only as the Exorcist. This character has acquired enormous wealth thanks to donations collected in various ways: at lectures, demon exorcism masses, ghosts expelled from private residences and other dubious activities linked to the world of the paranormal.
Now is a good time to point out that the Exorcist has nothing to do with the Church. He is not a priest, and neither is he a believer or a church-goer. He lives in an abandoned, crumbling building, a former mental asylum in the English countryside, which, it is said, is home to ghosts, souls who cannot abandon the limbo in which they find themselves and who live with this mysterious figure. Essentially, it's a carnival of horror clichés: an exorcist, an abandoned mental asylum, ghosts for company and a self-styled paranormal investigator looking for a scoop.

Oz's plan is simple: he has got hold of the Exorcist by phone and has suggested making a documentary in order to boost his credibility, a documentary which will put all the merits of his work on display, an interview intended to emphasise his credibility and trustworthiness (something that none of the media have ever wanted go near), and footage of the ghosts that live in the building. By doing this, the Exorcist will benefit from the documentary, Oz will finally have some real videos to offer on his website, and... he won't have to look for a real job!
Oz thought it would be hard work to convince the Exorcist (given that Ghosts & Mansions' reputation was hardly a foot in the door), but everything was extremely simple. The man turned out to be available and free at the weekend; there was just enough time to book a flight, pack his bags and share the news on his website and social media:
"Hey, people! Look out for for a bombshell of a story: I'm going to meet the Exorcist! Get ready for a long interview, video clips of ghosts and who knows what else! Keep an eye on Ghosts & Mansions... Regards, OzO!"

more info @
https://www.facebook.com/midiandesign
http://www.midiandesign.com

Monsieur OUXX

Looks stylish, in the interface choices, colors and stuff. I'm always skeptical of pre-rendred hi-res characters sprites, but I must admit that you might be one of the first ones around who actually CAN model things in 3D without the result looking too much like a generated Poser mesh.

Let's see how it blends in the actual game, when it's all animated.

Midian Design

Thank you Monsieur OUXX, you can see it in the new video :)

AprilSkies

www.apemarina.altervista.org

Yol

loved music and atmosphere, manages to drag you into a strange world 8-0  .... I also enjoyed the other games by this developer
I do not know English well I could make mistakes in writing

Midian Design

Hello, this time I am writing without the help of Paul or Arj0n, but using google translate, because as you know my english sucks. Shit happens, Black hole happens, and even thieves. Two days ago, unfortunately, they came where I work and took, among other things, the computer where I create my adventure games and the metal box which contained the backup. I luckily have online a copy of The Apotheosis Project, but I'll have to fix all the bugs again and redo some parts, because it's a quite old version, while Mark takes care of concluding the work with the actors. TAP will not be delayed while OZ2 unfortunately, will have to be rebuilt completely. Therefore I will update this thread with new pictures in the next months.

Bye :)

AprilSkies

sorry to hear that. Shit happens for real!
That is really bad luck.
I'm happy that AP is safe though...

Dave Gilbert

UGH. So sorry to hear that. Hard copy backups don't always do the job, sadly. This might seem irrelevant now, but you should try looking into offsite backups like github or SVN. Even Dropbox will do in a pinch. Having my data stored in the cloud has saved my butt more often then I can count.

AnasAbdin

I'm so sorry to hear that. The most important thing is that you're fine. If there's anything we can help with please don't hesitate to let us know.

Midian Design

Thank you for your words :) I have a new computer now, tomorrow I'll start fixing TAP again and I'll try for the new Oz2 to do something better, maybe it was a Sign :P

Darth Mandarb

Sorry to hear of the misfortune!  Let me know when/if you get back to it and I will unlock it.

Midian Design

AprilSkies

I'm happy to see that even if shi* (misfortune) happened, it didn't stopped you!
I like a lot the video. I like a lot its mood.

Midian Design

Thanks AprilSkies, now Cloudâ,,¢Â® is my best friend :X

arj0n

Midian Design

shaun9991

Support Cloak and Dagger Games on Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/user?u=460039

Adeel

Perhaps it's just me but this guy:

Quote from: Midian Design on Thu 11/12/2014 14:28:12
Spoiler
[close]

looks quite similar to this guy:

Spoiler
[close]

Good luck with your game! It's quite beautiful!  ;-D

Midian Design

I don't know that actor , but many people tell me that the main character , remember this one :-\

Spoiler
[close]

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk