don't widdle those buttons

Started by selmiak, Sun 23/03/2014 03:38:25

Previous topic - Next topic

selmiak

http://gabrielecirulli.github.io/2048/

256 is easy with some random confusion tactics, there might be a system to it. Or it is just random appearing tiles like the ever missing long tetris tile...

edit: contemplating some more, this is real tight. somebody prove this is possible pls!  ;-D

Mandle

Quote from: selmiak on Sun 23/03/2014 03:38:25
http://gabrielecirulli.github.io/2048/

256 is easy with some random confusion tactics, there might be a system to it. Or it is just random appearing tiles like the ever missing long tetris tile...

edit: contemplating some more, this is real tight. somebody prove this is possible pls!  ;-D

DAMN YOU for showing me this!!!

My productivity quotient just took a fatal hit (and it was already on life-support as it was)

(laugh)

Ghost

Simplest solution: DON'T CLICK THE HOTLINK! (laugh)

Damn this is cerebral. Gotta waste some time on it!

__
EDIT:

I think there IS a pattern. I managed to come up with this setup five times in succession:

As you see, the next turn (right) will give me a 16 out of two 8s and start a setup for another 8 to merge with the remaining one. I managed to work up from there AND come up with the same tile pattern (where all values were powers of 2). ONCE. By accident. But I am sure there's a sequence hidden in there. This is one of those games where you need a notepad or a move tracker. ;-D

Tabata

Quote from: Mandle on Sun 23/03/2014 05:56:26
DAMN YOU for showing me this!!!
+ 1     
It's nearly impossible not to get stuck "over there" and waste some time by pushing numbers (instead of pixels)  (laugh)

bicilotti

I will chime in to state that:

1. I know someone who knows the author of this game
2. people are going so crazy about this someone made a ZX Spectrum port

Radiant

I got 256-128-64-64-32-16-8-8-8....

CaptainD

GAH.... I can get to 256 fairly easily, but after several goes I've not managed a 512.

Khris

Got to 5480 points, I found you can get much farther if you never move up, basically. Just play with only left, right and down.

CaptainD

Interesting.  Since my high score is only 3328, I think I'll try that idea.

(Yup... first try using that method I got 4048.)

Khris

Definitely the proper way:
Spoiler
[close]

selmiak

Got to 8456 with that technique! Need the 1028 tile now! ;-D

Khris

TomatoesInTheHead

Meh :/

Spoiler
[close]

Only using left/right/down is definitely the way to go. Two times I got forced to go up though, I should have paid more attention so that it couldn't have come to such a situation.
Also, I think it's bad to sum up to the left and right of your highest number (or highest number of a row), because you can never combine them and use the limited space to build two big sums instead of just one. I guess this would mean that you should try to use only down and right (OR left) to gather the big numbers in one corner? (it's not so easy, also impossible, but something along these lines)

selmiak

hey, there was a clear warning to not widdle teh buttonz! :-D

struggeling at the same...

Calin Leafshade

selmiak

playing on my mobile works okayish though I once even swiped upwards even though I wanted to scroll to correct the screen. Making screenshots is another thing though.

Spoiler

my advice:
everything that was said already, play with only 3 buttons, preferably only 2. Get the 1024 tile in a corner and NEVER EVER move it out of there, rather fill the bottom line with some crap before moving it out of the corner. Then build up your chain to 2048. Got really crowded towards the end but you'll get a feeling for how to chain up things to free space once space gets rare, where to move the last free space so that a 2 is already next to the new appearing 2 and a 4 is next to that and so on. :)
[close]

Khris

Beaten by selmiak again, damn :-D
Quote from: selmiak on Mon 24/03/2014 10:28:42Making screenshots is another thing though.
Try holding down both the volume down and power button.

Edit:
Finally.
Spoiler

The last six or so rounds I did move in all directions and I was lucky enough to have the tiles lined up beautifully.
[close]

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk