Mouse issue with Logitech SetPoint

Started by Radiant, Sat 22/03/2014 09:54:05

Previous topic - Next topic

Radiant

Some of our players have reported the following,

The mouse becomes extremely unresponsive while near the middle of the screen, then overly sensitive when you reach the outer edges. Turning off enhanced pointer pricision reduced but did not remove the problem
It seems to be a smoothing issue to me. If you move the mouse slowly, it does not respond. You have to move the mouse very fast in order for it to move, which means minor mouse movements are very hard to do.

Does this sound familiar to anyone? Do we know how to fix it?

Monsieur OUXX

Did you witness the issue yourself?

Please ignore my post if it doesn't match the symptoms, but I'm trying to think out of the box :
Do you have a lot of mouse-position checkings in your script at every game loop? (GetatScreenXY, etc.) It could be that you have a lot of objects or hotspots on top of eachother in your rooms in the center of the room, and it makes the framerate drop when the mouse is over them on less powerful systems (tablets?) -- but there are less objects on the borders of the room, so the game runs at regular speed there. I know this sounds stupid, I'm just trying to help :)

Radiant

I appreciate the input, but it's not a performance issue. Rather, it turns out that it's a semi-known issue that AGS games conflict with Logitech Setpoint; this is also known to affect other AGS games, including Wadjet Eye's and AGDI's, over the past couple years.

Unfortunately, there doesn't appear to be a fix for it so far.

Wyz

I've had those problems with my Logitech mouse and messed with SetPoint a lot. Then I came up with a drastic solution: not installing SetPoint at all and using default mouse drivers: no problems anymore! (though the function of the special buttons on my mouse can not be changed) I can't really recommend this but if it really drives you crazy it might be something you want to do. ;)
Life is like an adventure without the pixel hunts.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk