April Tune Contest: Waltzes

Started by JasonB, Mon 31/03/2014 23:02:19

Previous topic - Next topic

JasonB

Hey everybody,

This is new for me so please let me know if I'm setting this up wrong.  I was really impressed with Emont's idea last month to come up with a steampunk western tune.  It reminded me of an idea I've wanted to do for a while: steampunk Vienna waltz.  In order to keep things open, I'd like to make this month's competition waltz's generically.  So if you want to take a stab at fusing actual Victorian era waltzes with the steam punk style or do a new take on the jazz waltz or ...well anything waltzy but a little different, give it a shot.

Lets make the deadline April 26th.

Happy writing!

Doc_Savage

Last year I proposed the same thing and people were also scared ;)

dactylopus

If you extend this to the end of the month, I may be able to contribute.  I've been reluctant to participate in the last few contests since I felt my music wasn't appreciated among the other talents here, but I'd hate to see a contest go by with no entries.  Also, I actually love to write variations on waltzes.

JasonB

For sure!  Lets make the end date midnight Wednesday.

dactylopus

Sadly, I was still unable to create an appropriate entry.  Nice topic, though.  Too bad you didn't have any response.

JasonB

I'm sorry guys.  I really thought that would be a fun one.  So what happens now?

DrewCCU

I propose that you create a new topic for May. Unless there are better suggestions?
"So much of what we do is ephemeral and quickly forgotten, even by ourselves, so it's gratifying to have something you have done linger in people's memories."
-John Williams

dactylopus

Quote from: DrewCCU on Sat 03/05/2014 00:37:07
I propose that you create a new topic for May. Unless there are better suggestions?
I agree with this.  Try another topic.  I should have time to participate this time, since my schedule is clearing up.

Eric

I'll share this brief (and slightly discordant) intro to a fake radio show out of competition, and look forward to the new topic!

JasonB

Eric, that is an awesome tune!  ...very melancholy and clearly caught the ocean vibe too.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk