Play It Again: An Improv Point and Click Adventure (MAGS March 2014)

Started by Eggie, Wed 02/04/2014 23:48:24

Previous topic - Next topic

Eggie

PLAY IT AGAIN: AN IMPROV POINT AND CLICK ADVENTURE (Warning: huge download)

In a world where every man, woman and child's worth is measured by the quality of their facial hair: You, The Player, are without moustache. Will seeking the help of a notorious mobster be the answer to your prayers? Can you finally become worthy of the affections of your old lover? Can I think of anything interesting to say about the fourth character? They are a pianist? I guess not.

Finally, the most taxing question of all... Why is a one room game over 200MB? Find out the answers when you play Play It Again! And then play it again!

SCREENSHOTS

FEATURES
* Dialogue conceived entirely by the voice cast, I wrote not a word down for these talented mofos
* Four characters, ten actors, thirty six wildly different performances. A different combination of actors with totally different dialogue in each playthrough!
* Nine randomized appearances for both The Player and the moustachioed NPCs they meet
* Haunting 'randomized' original music by Bluke4x4
* Intrigue!
* Murder!
* Moustaches!

Huge big special thanks to the voice cast/ writers: HanaIndiana, Bluke4x4, CaptainD, Krazy, Oraxon and Claudie and non-agsers Eilavamp, 0lliewells, Ed Atlin and Rob Turner. You guys were all GREAT!! :D

HanaIndiana

Best.Idea.Ever!
I had to google that Ed Atlin guy. With that voice, I figured he must be voice acting in some way, shape or form on a regular basis. I think I still have about 20 or 30 more plays to try out. :grin:  I'm trying to pick my top 3 combinations.
Oh, and haunting is a good word for the piano music. It totally works and yet it doesn't. My ears just get all confused, it's great.

Ghost

Quote from: Eggie on Wed 02/04/2014 23:48:24
In a world where every man, woman and child's worth is measured by the quality of their facial hair

Geez, you HAVE BEEN to Aachen, right?
Downloading my childhood. Now.

Eggie

Quote from: HanaIndiana on Thu 03/04/2014 00:43:46
I had to google that Ed Atlin guy. With that voice, I figured he must be voice acting in some way, shape or form on a regular basis.

I've been a fan of his animations and youtube videos for a decade, it's so cool to me he wanted to be involved!

CaptainD

I hope Eggie gets Best Innovation at the next AGS Awards - this is such a great idea!  (Well, unless an even better innovation comes along before the end of the year... :tongue:)

Myshkin

Really cool idea! So simple to play and enjoy, but I'm sure it was a heck of a lot of work to put it all together (just editing and loading all that dialogue into the engine for starters!)

I had no idea when I finished that there would be so many possible combinations, it's almost overwhelming :-D

Oh and that music... far out. "Haunting" is right!

Paul Franzen

Late to the party, but downloading this now! What a strange and wonderful concept.
The Beard in the Mirror (formerly testgame) - Out now on Steam! http://store.steampowered.com/app/385840
Other games I've worked on: http://paulmfranzen.com/games/

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk