Phoenix Tales (updated with link for Steam Greenlight)

Started by Divon, Wed 30/11/2016 15:00:39

Previous topic - Next topic

Divon

I would like to officially announce my game, Phoenix Tales, is in full production (technically, BACK in production, more on that at the bottom of the post for anyone interested), and is currently estimated to be complete in May 2017.  If you like the project, please support it on Steam Greenlight!    Click here to support Phoenix Tales on Steam Greenlight!

THE STORY:
Connor has been traveling north for some time, heading to the capital city to look for work.  Upon stopping in the town of Northern Cross, he discovers everything is not as it seems.  Mysterious figures have been seen wandering the forest, and local merchants are spinning tales about nearby towns being completely deserted.

GAME FEATURES:
-A hybrid Adventure game / RPG, complete with character level and stat systems.

-An immersive world with real, motion capture actors rendered in a cartoon style.

-A unique combat system that requires both timing and strategy to master.

-Two separate playable characters, each with their own play style, unique attacks, attributes, and gear.

MEDIA:

The first trailer for the game is available here:  Phoenix Tales Trailer #1 on YouTube

In combat with the enemy!

Gone fishin'

Inventory and stats

Wandering in the woods

The bridge to town

Various character models

WHERE YOU CAN LEARN MORE:

Here are all the places you can hear more about the game on the internet.  Feel free to like and subscribe as you see fit, it would be much appreciated!
YouTube: Adventurers Guild Entertainment (the home of Phoenix Tales!) on YouTube
Facebook: Adventurers Guild Entertainment on Facebook

THE BORING STUFF:

Phoenix Tales has been developed by just me -- a one man show.  I started working on this project in 2010, and after 9 months, life got in the way (two children, etc!), and I shelved the project.  Here I am, a little less than seven years later, and I have decided to finish what I started.  I've been working at a ferocious pace for the last 2 months, and things are really coming together.  All of the core systems are complete including combat, enemy AI, etc.  All of the primary character animations are finished.  The entire story is fleshed out.  There's still a massive amount of work to go though!  Just. Need. To. Push. Through! :wink:

DBoyWheeler

Wow!  Cool!  So, kind of a Quest for Glory style game, but at the same time, different.  This looks neat, even as a WIP.

Divon

Thanks Wheeler.  Quest for Glory is favorite Sierra franchise of all time, so there may be some QFG vibe in there for sure :wink::grin:

DBoyWheeler

Quote from: Divon on Wed 30/11/2016 15:44:05
Thanks Wheeler.  Quest for Glory is favorite Sierra franchise of all time, so there may be some QFG vibe in there for sure :wink::grin:
Hear hear!  It's great to meet a fellow die-hard QfG fan!

Danvzare

The hero looks so incredibly disinterested and bored. I really hope that's reflected in his character, because if it is, that would be hilarious. :-D

Divon

No, not at all.  He's concerned.  Interesting perspective, no one has seen it that way before.  Thanks for the input.

EDIT -- upon reflection on this comment, I guess I can see where you're coming from on the characters facial expression.  I think perhaps when you see the story flesh out, and know the character, you would see it as concern.

- combined -
Just wanted to let you guys know I have submitted to Steam Greenlight.  If you could support it by upvoting it, I would be forever grateful! :-D:-D  Support Phoenix Tales on Steam Greenlight!

edit by darth - double posts combined

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk