Tales

Started by AprilSkies, Thu 03/04/2014 22:50:01

Previous topic - Next topic

CaptainD

@Mandle:

Spoiler
Your explanation makes perfect sense actually - and it was pretty clear from Merlin's word - and indeed the introduction - that this wasn't an ordinary library.  As you said, it was just a reflexive response to it being a library - and in particular in the context of finding out about ancient writing that you couldn't read - that made my mind jump to that idea.  (Also, having the full index of all titles in the library. which I hadn't really browsed, only found the particular books I needed - made me think there might be puzzles about having to find a particular book according to its subject, not just being given a book title like the other ones.
[close]

Any further discussion on this can be done by PM if necessary (which it probably isn't!) - I don't want to derail this thread.  So instead, I'll just mention that if anyone's reading this thread and hasn't already played the demo... stop reading this thread and play the demo!

Hobo

Finally got around to playing the demo and I must say, it was extremely enjoyable! I really love the look of the game (although some parts are a tad bit too antialiased for my taste), the puzzles were well done, music was great and the story certainly has a lot of potential.

Some things that might need fixing:
Spoiler

1) A little bug and how to recreate it:
      - Delete/remove save games
      - Load game from title screen
      - There are no saves, but click load game again despite that
      - Now close the menu from X and you're left with a background picture only

2) I managed to maneuver myself inside the prison bars:

3) I don't know if it's intentional, but the correct stone wheel code doesn't seem to work before the guy has shown it to you (also, maybe a randomized code would add an extra touch to it)
[close]

AprilSkies

Hey Hobo, Thanks a lot!! ;-D
^_^d

Spoiler
About point 3, yep. It's intentional.
Going fix those little issues
[close]

www.apemarina.altervista.org

JSH

Wow, I can't believe I missed this. Looks great, gonna have to try out the demo! :)

AprilSkies

I have to thank all the people who are sending me feedbacks.
I implemented a lot of features.

Work's going on well.

I'd like to show you some new screenshots:

miguel

Working on a RON game!!!!!

CaptainD

Quote from: miguel on Sun 04/05/2014 20:22:50
Beautiful!
+1  (roll)

Love the way you've framed the game area with the foreground arch in the 2nd screenie too.

millennium2k

Another nice adventure from Ape Marina is coming. Great! ;-D

Mandle

MUAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

I just got to play all those new areas shown in the screenies...

AND THEY ROCK!!!

So....ummm yeah....THERE!!!

Yeah...

SO THERE! :P

Cogliostro

the art is wonderful and the idea even better.  Can't wait to play this one.  Out of curiosity was this game based on the show  MythQuest?

- Cogliostro
"First things first, but not necessarily in that order." - Dr. Who

Gribbler

Superb graphics. Tip of the hat to you, sir! :)

AprilSkies

Thanx Guys: Gribbler, CaptainD, Mandle, Cogliostro millennium2k and Miguel :)

Quote from: Cogliostro on Fri 09/05/2014 19:35:35
the art is wonderful and the idea even better.  Can't wait to play this one.  Out of curiosity was this game based on the show  MythQuest?

No it's not based on that show. I didn't know this TV series :)
I read its plot and it has something in common actually, but it's substantially different.
I'll watch some episodes if there are some in streaming ;)

AprilSkies

Update June 12th 2014

A musician joined the team!!!
He is a brilliant Italian composer, Luigi Di Guida.
Currently the music tracks are royalty-free tracks by Kevin MacLeod. Kevin's music is very high quality music, but of course not original.
Luigi will compose an original soundtrack for the game.

To know more about Luigi, here's some links:
Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/luigi-di-guida-composer
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIcS50YgV0viOUrNrU5S_dg

Other exciting new features will be revealed in the near future.

AprilSkies

Tales Tech-Demo is now available in Czech Language!
Thanks to kajlin and to Ricky for translating it!

Download link is the same.

P.S. Thanks Gabarts

Mandle

Sslaxx

Intriguing... and very nicely done artwork there, too. The demo looks nice, though I've only got into the first two locations so far. Looks like it's going to be a fun game to play!
Stuart "Sslaxx" Moore.

kajlin

Quote from: AprilSkies on Thu 26/06/2014 09:34:22
Tales Tech-Demo is now available in Czech Language!
Thanks to kajlin for translating it!
Download link is the same.

P.S. Thanks Gabarts

I would like to thank to Ricky as well. I wouldn't be able to finish the Czech localization without her, she did a perfect job. Díky Ricky :)

splat44

Quote from: AprilSkies on Fri 04/04/2014 22:08:57
Quote from: CaptainD on Fri 04/04/2014 22:02:51
It is indeed a splendid demo.  Though I was disappointed that the library did not have any books on cuneiform writing for me to look at. (wrong)  (I did wonder briefly if that was part of the puzzle, before the guard just told me everything.)

Really interesting idea... :shocked:
(This man is a REAL game designer)

Ya, CaptainD is a great game designer as I did some beta work for him as well. If you need beta testing on this game, I'll be more than glad to help. Check my profile and see games I worked for beta testing! Great demo

AprilSkies

Hi Splat44,
Thanks so much. I'm happy you enjoyed the Demo and it could be great if you can help me in testing. It's cool 'cause these days I'm building up a testing team and I'm going to send you a PM.
Thanks ;-D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk