Tales

Started by AprilSkies, Thu 03/04/2014 22:50:01

Previous topic - Next topic

[delete}

Andrea's delightful watercolors and Luigi's cinematic score... what a phantastic voyage this gonna be!

NickyNyce

Been waiting for this. I'm getting the itch.

Stupot

Oh goody. I was rather thinking this project had fallen into dev hell. All the best.

Mandle

Oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy!!!!

It's been a long time coming!!!

The first time I ever played the game it had only 5 playable rooms, but even then the potential was very obvious.

And then AprilSkies (and his partner Giovanni) just kept building and building and every time I got a new updated version it was so much grander than the last, way past the point that I thought he was going with it.

Collaborating with AprilSkies on this game over the course of about 2 years has been one of the most rewarding and fun experiences of my life.

He is a dream to work with, always open to suggestions and eager to include my (hopefully) good ideas, and extremely diplomatic about rejecting the many not so good ones: "Mate, it's a genius idea! But I don't think it's quite right for this game. Let's save it for the next one!" (laugh)

I did get to write one of the puzzles too, but I'm not going to say which in case it becomes universally hated by the players...  (laugh)

I can't wait to play the full version and hear the many thousands of lines of dialog I (co-)wrote performed by the amazing voice actors I have heard so far...It was huge fun finding the "voice" for each character while writing the text, and from what I've heard so far, the voice actors have really done a great job of bringing the many characters to life in that spirit...

Now:

"Gimme the cheese!"

Fitz

I cannot wait! :-D It looks amazing -- as everything Andrea does (have you played Until I Have You?) -- and the titular tales sound exciting! Got the chance to discover bits and pieces of the story via the dialogue lines (laugh)

AnasAbdin

I've never been excited this much about an adventure game since old Sierra times! (laugh)

selmiak

AprilSkies

Thank you so much mates! <3

www.apemarina.altervista.org

selmiak

so is tales coming soon or is the info when tales is coming coming soon ???

AprilSkies

Quote from: selmiak on Wed 17/08/2016 00:54:39
LEL :-D:-D
the info of course :-D:-D
No it's seriously coming soon 8-0

www.apemarina.altervista.org

Dualnames

QuoteAprilSkies (and his partner Giovanni)

Exciting times :D

Can't wait to play either!!
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Creamy

The demo was awesome, I can't wait to sink into the Tales.

cianty

This looks very promising! Can't wait!
ca. 70% completed

shaun9991

This is great news! This is possibly my most anticipated game for quite a while - Andrea is a modern day legend!!! :)
Support Cloak and Dagger Games on Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/user?u=460039

splat44

Yes, this is one of the best that I tested!

Quote from: AprilSkies on Wed 17/08/2016 10:08:47
Quote from: selmiak on Wed 17/08/2016 00:54:39
LEL :-D:-D
the info of course :-D:-D
No it's seriously coming soon 8-0

ThreeOhFour

Very much looking forward to this game!

Squall_Leonheart

April i tuoi giochi sono sempre fantastici! Spero che sceglierai di farlo uscire anche in italiano :)

April your games are always wonderful! I hope you will choice to publish this in italian! :)

Mandle

Quote from: Squall_Leonheart on Fri 02/09/2016 15:24:33
April your games are always wonderful! I hope you will choice to publish this in italian! :)

The game text was written originally im italian by AprilSkies and then adapted into english...

The italian version is selectable in the start menu of the game...

Voice acting is only in english, but the text will be in italian if the italian language option is selected...Like a movie in a foreign language but with subtitles pretty much...

Squall_Leonheart

Quote from: Mandle on Fri 02/09/2016 15:53:09
Quote from: Squall_Leonheart on Fri 02/09/2016 15:24:33

The game text was written originally im italian by AprilSkies and then adapted into english...

The italian version is selectable in the start menu of the game...

Voice acting is only in english, but the text will be in italian...Like a movie with subtitles pretty much...

Well done! The audio not is a problem. I asked for it only for curiosity.

Mandle

WHEN THE HELL IS THIS GAME EVEN COMING OUT??!!

I soooooo need to have played this game YESTERDAY!!!

HURRY UP with the release or I will sit on my own nuts until I can play in protest!!!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk