Music not working, effects working fine

Started by moloko, Thu 05/06/2014 06:49:20

Previous topic - Next topic

moloko

The game I'm finishing up (Ponderabilia) plays music fine on compile, and when I execute the .exe file, but all music disappears as soon as I upload to the web and redownload. Any idea as to what may be causing this?

Billbis

Yes, you have to distribute the file audio.vox that is in your compile folder with the exe. Basically, all file in your compile folder should be distributed with your exe, usually in a zip archive.

moloko

Billbis, you're a hero. You saved my ass not once, but twice. This is a brilliant solution to both my storage AND audio trouble. I retried, and everything works fine here. Think you could have a look, too?
Ponderabilia!

All the best,
Moloko

arj0n

EliasFrost

I would love to try it but I get a safety warning on Chrome after downloading the .zip.

moloko

Chrome does that, simply because it's an executable. There must be a simple workaround, but I haven't found it yet. Downloading in Firefox (and probably most other browsers) works fine. If anyone knows the easy workaround on Chrome, I'd be much obliged.

Thanks, btw Arj0n. I needed to post this update, especially since the AGS musicians have done what I think is an insanely nice job. All people mentioned in the credits were patient, competent and professional. If ever you need someone, these are wonderful people.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk