[Solved]Talking animation only showing 2 frames

Started by Sazmando, Wed 09/04/2014 14:58:57

Previous topic - Next topic

Sazmando

Hi all,

I've not found any reference to it yet, but in my game I have a couple of talking animations that don't appear to be working correctly, namely only showing 2 frames of the animation I have set in the view.

Sometimes when this happens I can get it to work by changing the frame order of the sprites in the animation, but I am not sure what I am doing wrong in the first place to cause this issue.

I am not fussed about it happening to some of the more background characters, but I have a big conversation with a major character and he is doing it.

The major character is moved during the conversation from a blank room and then walks to the character to talk.

It only seems to play frames 0 and 1 throughout the conversation, with another character it just freezes on a frame.

Has anyone else had this problem? Did you manage to solve it.

Let me know if you need more information.

Thanks in advance.

Sazmando

I've finally found a reference to the issue, apologies for double posting it.

If you're having a similar problem, please look here: http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=42335.0

I've also worked out if you don't want to turn off the lip sync, then changing the letters which the animation will be played in the box next to it will also allow you to use more frames (but just on the letters you specify).

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk