I think it took me about six hours.

- Cogliostro
"First things first, but not necessarily in that order." - Dr. Who

Problem

Roughly 5 or 6 hours.

sthomannch

Great game! Thank you very much. Good story and puzzles. But
Spoiler

the relief in the church: The back ground music made it hard to hear the clicks when I pressed the correct locations.

And the intro shows "v1.0".
[close]

Took me a bit more than 6 hours in all.

shaun9991

Thanks for the feedback guys :)

Support Cloak and Dagger Games on Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/user?u=460039

Castledoque

Finished the game and here are my impressions:

(+)
*Interesting story. I must admit that I sort of guessed where it was going midway, after the second dream sequence, but I guess I have become extremely familiar with storytelling techniques, so it's difficult to get surprised.
*Creepy atmosphere
*Solid puzzles, I really enjoyed most of them and the step up in difficulty was nice too.
*Likeable protagonist
*I liked the backgrounds with the vertical lines

(-)
*I didn't care much for the walking animations
*Spelling errors in some of the dialogue
*A bit of pixel hunting unfortunately placed at the very beginning of the first day (for example, the search for the ingredients of the fake meteorite) gives the false impression that the game will be about pixel hunting, which is far from the case
*Storytelling had a few rough edges. Except for the main character, the rest of the cast was not very well characterized (except for that funny ineffectual policeman and some of the people at the seance). And where did the girlfriend disappear to in the last day of the game? Also the villain's character was not very well delineated. Was he in it for the money? Was he trying to protect his image? Whatever his motives, his characterization leaves much to be desired.
*The events regarding the meteorite and the quarantine in the first day felt a bit contrived and far-fetched and they didn't really add anything significant to the story.

Still all in all, I enjoyed the game. Puzzles were fun and the main story arc was suitably dark and interesting. Took me about 8-9 hours to finish the game.
Kudos to the creators

Andail

Looking cool! Getting some PQ4 vibes :)

shaun9991

Thanks for the comments guys!

Castledoque: Was interesting reading your feedback. Mudlarks is being released on Desura in a couple of days and I've collated everyones feedback into that version and tweaked things here and there, so quite a few of your suggestions have been implemented. Glad you enjoyed the game!
Support Cloak and Dagger Games on Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/user?u=460039

AprilSkies

Hi Shaun,
This game has been on my desktop for weeks (I knew it's long so I wanted to start playing only if I had time).
Finally playing. I think you did a great work.
The plot is really interesting. Very good puzzles. I also like a lot the way you used photos. It reminds me of some games from the 90's... I mean games that used the "motion capture" (you know, such as GK3). maybe it's due to the way you manipulated pictures (putting those lines). Well done.(nod)
Of course the animations are not so smooth and can be iproved, but that's a minor issue in my opinion. It's Always good to have something to work on... to improve your products. I hope that in your next games you'll improve that aspect.
Anyway, if this game were commercial, I would bought it! If you sold it for 5 bucks or more (for example), it still deserved to be downloaded (nod)

www.apemarina.altervista.org

Mandle

Quote from: AprilSkies on Sun 18/05/2014 10:40:11
Anyway, if this game were commercial, I would bought it! If you sold it for 5 bucks or more (for example), it still deserved to be downloaded (nod)

And this is from the guy that made Donald Dowell get up out of his rocking chair for free!!!

Donald is still trying to find ways to sue AprilSkies for his percentage of the royalties. Each time he wins the case he gets his check for $0, and pays his legal team out of his own pocket, but always ends up forgetting a few days later and the whole thing starts all over again...

shaun9991

Aprilskies:

Thanks so much for your comments! I'm really happy you've played the game and enjoyed it. Your games are always an inspiration. Donald is a legend! Tales looks like it's going to be a very polished game, loved the demo.

We are now working on our next game, and you are so right - it's great to have the feedback from previous games to work on for our next game. We are definitely putting better animation at the forefront of our aims

Thanks again :)

Stupot

Pretty good write up in AdventureGamers Following Freeware this month.

http://www.adventuregamers.com/articles/view/26487

CaptainD

"easily one of the best freeware adventures released in recent memory" - quite an accolade!

shaun9991

Super happy with the Adventure Gamers feature, had a massive surge in downloads afterwards. Was great to be featured on such an excellent site :)

For those interested, a new version of Mudlarks has been uploaded that fixes Winston's slow walk speed (I thought I'd fixed this earlier, but I missed a section late on Day 1 where I slowed him down again in the coding), and a few spelling mistakes. You can download it here

Thanks for your support everyone!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk