The Samaritan Paradox

Started by Peder 🚀, Thu 17/04/2014 01:27:24

Previous topic - Next topic

Peder 🚀

So I'm stuck at the dragon part

Spoiler
I thought the solution was to drink the water from one of the wells I can actually reach before I get the bowl of water from the dragon with water from the third well, but there doesn't seem to be any way I can do this.. Any hints?
[close]

Mati256

Hey Peder
Spoiler
Have you been at the Cove and the shipwreck?
[close]
My Blog! (En Español)

Peder 🚀

Spoiler
I've gone to all the places and pretty much tried to interact with everything everywhere. I have the "sticky" rope, which I used to get the bottle with fresh water, dagger, ring and the bowl.
[close]

neon

I'm stuck on day 2:

Spoiler
I have the horse, fan, book, letter, key, pint glass. Not allowed to visit the island. What's missing? Tried the horse on the Pedestal, but don't know how to use it.
[close]

Peder 🚀

neon

Spoiler
Have you tried using the horse on anything/anyone?
[close]

neon

Spoiler
Thanks, that helped. Now I just need to find out how to use the compass.
[close]

Stee

I'm still stuck on

Spoiler
the horse puzzle
[close]

I have even got

Spoiler
the poem off the old lady
[close]

anyone got anything less subtle?
<Babar> do me, do me, do me! :D
<ProgZMax> I got an idea - I reached in my pocket and pulled out my Galen. <timofonic2> Maybe I'm a bit gay, enough for do multitask and being romantical

Peder 🚀

Quote from: Stee on Fri 18/04/2014 18:15:14
Spoiler
horse
[close]

Quote from: neon on Thu 17/04/2014 20:53:23
Spoiler
Pedestal
[close]

Quote from: Stee on Fri 18/04/2014 18:15:14
Spoiler
poem
[close]

Quote from: neon on Thu 17/04/2014 21:13:08
Spoiler
compass.
[close]

Or if you just want to know the solution:
Spoiler
Move the horse on the pedestal according to the poem, "far" = turning it in the direction it takes the longest to get it to point in the right direction. I no longer have the poem myself so don't remember the whole thing..
[close]

Stee

Yes Peder I got that far. Maybe I'm being a muppet however:

Spoiler
I assume I rotate the horse to face South, then East, then West, then North? It still seems to do nothing. I go Counter clockwise, then counter clockwise. Clockwise clockwise, clockwise. Or am I suppose to remove the horse when I set it to south, then remove it at east, then west, then north?
[close]

Edit: You ninja updated whilst I was posting. I'll try that out cheers

Oh dear, My game didn't seem to save!! Might take me a little longer to tell you I still can't do it!! :-D
<ProgZMax> I got an idea - I reached in my pocket and pulled out my Galen. <timofonic2> Maybe I'm a bit gay, enough for do multitask and being romantical

Peder 🚀

Could you quote the poem in here? I can't remember it fully..

[edit] oh lol.. yes sorry about that XD.

Stee

Yeah, I still seem to not get it :-\

Spoiler
Ride South my love, and long for me, Ride east, but not too far, Ride west, my dear, until you see, The lonely northern star
[close]

Peder 🚀

Spoiler
If I remember correct the horse starts in a west position, so "Ride South my love, and long for me" rotate the horse 3 times clockwise so it ends up in a south position. "Ride east, but not too far" rotate the horse once anti clockwise. "Ride west" move the horse clockwise twice until the horse points west.
[close]

m0ds

^ what he just said :-D

For a gentle hint version of what he said,

Spoiler

Horse starts Westerly
[close]

Stee

Aye cheers guys!! Got there in the end. I'm stuck again surprisingly

Spoiler
in the book
[close]

However I'll persevere for now and pester you all again soon! :-D

Stee

Quote from: Peder Johnsen+ on Thu 17/04/2014 01:27:24
So I'm stuck at the dragon part

Spoiler
I thought the solution was to drink the water from one of the wells I can actually reach before I get the bowl of water from the dragon with water from the third well, but there doesn't seem to be any way I can do this.. Any hints?
[close]

Yeah this is where I'm at now. Did you work it out?

Peder 🚀

ThreeOhFour

Spoiler
Have you gotten the item from the ship?
[close]

Stee

Quote from: ThreeOhFour on Fri 18/04/2014 21:36:16
Spoiler
Have you gotten the item from the ship?
[close]

We've both managed to get past it. I think it was a little buggy for Peder but it worked in the end :)

EDIT: I should mention we have your American brother to thank for that!

However

Spoiler
I have no idea what I'm suppose to do in the cabin. I assume I have to find a star constellation that looks like the "mythical creature" ?
[close]

ThreeOhFour

Spoiler
Check your notes. There should be a list of constellations in there which will help
[close]

Stee

Quote from: ThreeOhFour on Fri 18/04/2014 22:42:11
Spoiler
Check your notes. There should be a list of constellations in there which will help
[close]

Yep

Spoiler
Harpy right? Which is at 4 - 8. I put 4-8 into the chest and nothing happens. However I don't seem to have a key to confirm. Please don't tell me that's part of the chess puzzle? I'm not looking forward to that one!!
[close]

Andail!! Why torture me so????

EDIT: Nevermind solved!!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk