Blackwell Epiphany

Started by Dave Gilbert, Thu 24/04/2014 15:26:43

Previous topic - Next topic

vertigoaddict

I had just bought Deception and Epiphany (did I spell that right?) via steam a couple of days ago (at least, I think it was a couple of days ago, or maybe it was yesterday? I'm sure the sun had come up and gone, it feels like two or three hours went by but that's impossible). I completed both of them, I only had to play Epiphany once to go through the whole thing, it was so immersing (immersive?).

I still have to go through Epiphany again though, 'cause I'm sure I've missed a couple of things (those achievement trophies are brining out the OCD in me).

Love the game, congratulations on completing the series, I'm definitely sad to see it end, but it ended with a really sweet note.

racy742

Wow that trailer looks epic! good work guys :=

Crimson Wizard

I finally played this game, and really enjoyed solving it; however I must confess I did not like the ending... at all.
Spoiler

I know that's a personal view, but I found it overly melodramatic; and yet the irrealistic events in the final (universal catastrophe, saving all ghosts in the world, plus Joey becoming living person... how???) killed all the drama and left me sitting still with one brow raised till the credits...
I know you were trying to make up the end of the series, but that all was too much.
[close]

Also, there were couple of things that were never answered, unless I missed something.
Spoiler
1) Why did Durkin send Rosangela to the Karth House in the beginning?
2) Why was George Ostin there, and who was the mysterious killer?
[close]

vertigoaddict

To answer Crimson Wizard.
Spoiler
I just wanted to say I loved the ending, and I could understand why some would find it a little too melodramatic; it kind of reminded me of that Doctor Who episode where Rose Tyler looked into the heart of the Tardis and became this superbeing who saved the day, she even ressurected a dead person, and well, Doctor Who is meant to be over the top
[close]

Spoiler
1. In past games Rosangela and Joey would go to areas where they hear about "disturbances" (like in convergence intro) to check out if there's a ghost, I guess it is inferred that this time Detective Durkin helps with finding areas like these? Despite not really knowing what Rosa does. Kind of a 'Don't ask, don't tell' situation.
2. I think George Ostin going there was a coincidence (or not, it maybe that Madeline lured him there by using the priest). The priest (Madeline's new host) was the mysterious killer, Madeline was not able to help free ghosts (or so she says) but she was able to control his mind to make him murder some of his friends so she could take in their spirit energy, also, she mentions that although he doesn't remember killing them there, subconciously he still felt the guilt.
[close]

paolo

Congratulations to everyone involved in this game for cleaning up at the AGS Awards last weekend! You deserved it, guys. Well done.

Dave Gilbert

Thanks Paolo! Despite me not posting as much anymore, the support and encouragement we get from this community still means a lot to me. :)

CyberUncleCat

Dat ending.

No seriously, this series is great. They should make TV series out of this because Joey and Rosa are perfect duo and setting is so good.

And

[Edited for spam]

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk